Darron Lee on Twitter

SR24

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

So what? This notion of someone being drafted in the first round (20th no less) means they have to produce IMMEDIATELY to a certain specific level is ridiculous. Exactly what numbers were you expecting? X amount of sacks, Y amount of tackles, Z amount of INTs???

The kid looked pretty good in his rookie year. He is still learning how to cover NFL TEs. He clearly has the speed and a nose for the ball. He dealt with some injuries but battled through. He is not a problematic player in the locker room.

His coverage skills WILL get better, its clear b/c he was often in position just couldn't quite make the play. You don't draft a guy expecting turnovers his rookie year. Those are just a cherry on top. 

If you watch him closely he did not look good on a lot of plays.  Yes at 20th overall in a non premium position (ILB) you need to show something right off the hop, especially when it comes to the reason you are drafted at 20.  We did not draft this player to be david harris or be a replacement for him a s a run stopper.  What I think of him will have zero effect on how the jets view him so you have no worries there. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

A stance we could all agree is worthy .  It's not wrong to be critical of players or coaches, but the name calling is a bit much . These folks have families , and just maybe, on here . Not saying you do that, but we both know it's done and it's not funny in the least .

There are definitely players and family members on here. That happens all the time.

Our rule is if someone is targeting a player for off the field stuff, not allowed. What they do on the field? That is fair game.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

That's your right I suppose .  The question I will ask is this . Todd Bowles and his GM drafted a LBer they scouted and put him at the position they felt was best for the defense they wanted to run . The kid played well, but being a rookie, had some bad moments that were "put on Blast" because of his draft status . He also missed time due to some freak injuries that could happen to anyone but managed to finish his rookie season on his feet .

When is a joke a joke and when is it going to far  ? 

I'm white and he told me I dont know "nay nay" because I'm white.  And while I actually dont know what "nay nay" is, I'm offended by the insult that I'm ignorant to "nay nay" because I'm white. 

Therefore, I can openly say that Darron Lee is a spectator.  A spectator who actually gets to put on a helmet and jersey and is allowed stand around and watch the game on the field while the game is being played and he gets paid for it. 

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm white and he told me I dont know "nay nay" because I'm white.  And while I actually dont know what "nay nay" is, I'm offended by the insult that I'm ignorant to "nay nay" because I'm white. 

Therefore, I can openly say that Darron Lee is a spectator.  A spectator who actually gets to put on a helmet and jersey and is allowed stand around and watch the game on the field while the game is being played and he gets paid for it. 

I think "nay nay" is a reference to the breakout success of the song "Watch me (whip/nae nae)" and the overall cultural appropriation of "black" music. There is a relevant discussion/argument in terms of sociology, popular culture and the ramifications of whites adopting black culture, without being submerged in it enough to develop any empathy or consciousness, particularly in the midwestern regions of the US ... wait, what was I saying?

Boobs.

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

We live in a day and age where young athletes, particularly young African American athletes, are more outspoken on social issues than they were in the past.  Especially with the racial tension that has ripped our society up becoming more and more of an issue.  A large part of that has to do with Twitter and various forms of social media being mainstays in our modern day society.  Darron has the same rights and freedoms that all of us do.  Disagreeing with him doesn't make him a dick.  I've been following the rant all morning.  The only ones being dicks are the people who disagree with him politically and have decided to take their own feelings and beliefs a little too seriously...I say this as someone who DOES disagree with Darron politically.

If I were him, I probably wouldn't engage them at all...but I can't tell the dude what to do and he sure as hell isn't the first athlete to engage with his fans this way (negative AND postive), nor will he be the last.  His play is what we should be focused on and that time will come next year.  Don't sh*t on a guy for exercising his rights...even IF he ends up as nothing more than a disappointment, he still has a right to voice his opinion (short of saying he supports genocide).

TL,DR:

I'm sure this will turn into a 10+ page on why Darron Lee is the son of Satan, but this isn't a big deal.

here's the thing though.  everyone has the freedom to hold their own opinions and express them as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others.  but when those opinions start impacting the jets and the play of his teamates then he's gone a little too far.  i'm not saying that darrin lee stirred political things up in the locker room but he may have joined the attitude of fellow players like wilk and sheldon and pryor.  

49 minutes ago, JiF said:

I am not white, and I have no clue what "nay  nay " is .  I don't care either .   In this country, and for the most part, the world, there is too much associating with the color of a person's skin and not the brotherhood or sisterhood that we all belong too . 

I have no need for friends, but I could use as many brothers or sisters as would dare to be mine .  

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

here's the thing though.  everyone has the freedom to hold their own opinions and express them as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others.  but when those opinions start impacting the jets and the play of his teamates then he's gone a little too far.  i'm not saying that darrin lee stirred political things up in the locker room but he may have joined the attitude of fellow players like wilk and sheldon and pryor.  

technically you have words strung together that appear to be in a sentence-like structure.. but not one single thing written here makes any sense.

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I am not white, and I have no clue what "nay  nay " is .  I don't care either .   In this country, and for the most part, the world, there is too much associating with the color of a person's skin and not the brotherhood or sisterhood that we all belong too . 

I have no need for friends, but I could use as many brothers or sisters as would dare to be mine .  

Darron Lee made nay nay impact plays and is a basic bitch who should whip on up outta here.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Jet Nation-a mutinous crew of drunks, braggarts.loudmouths and know-it-alls in search of the next captain to hang angrily.  

Probably the best description yet.

However....

Off course, out of provisions, almost out of rum, black clouds on the horizon.  'Hey guys!  We are doing okay, give the new navigator some time!'

6 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Its called freedom of speech. A wise man once said " I may not like what you have to say, BUT I WILL DEFEND TO THE DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO SAY IT". Those used to be word's to live by and should still be. You cannot only give certain freedoms to those we agree with. The very essence of the term Freedom of Speech is just that. The freedom for all people to voice their opinions whether you agree with them or not. Giving voice to these opinions is Darron Lee's right. Whether you agree with them is your business and your right. Belittling someone who has a different opinion than yours demeans the both of you. Even though I disagree with some of what this guy is saying I respect his right to voice them. So should We all.

People also tend to forget that their rights end where others begin.  You have the freedom of speech until what your are saying insights violence, is considered a hate crime or slanders someone else.

5 hours ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Blames white people but doesnt mention certain problematic crime statistics. 

Like the ones where white people and black people use drugs at around the same frequency, yet black people get like 90% of criminal convictions?

I'm not saying blaming white people is right.  It's not, it's the entire voting public to blame.  However, to think the current setup isn't systematically racist is wrong.

1 hour ago, GKnight83 said:

People also tend to forget that their rights end where others begin.  You have the freedom of speech until what your are saying insights violence, is considered a hate crime or slanders someone else.

True enough. Who decides that? You? Me? Its a gray area. Perhaps these law's need to be amended to include social media. The impact social media has on our lives is huge. Bullying, hate speech, and suggestive comments are real problems that need to be addressed by an updated set of laws that can be reasonably applied to social media and its impact on our everyday lives. Would that apply here? Yes.

This is getting into politics. There are those that feel that speech is speech and that hate speech and non-physical bullying are not crimes. They are bad things, but that shouldn't necessarily make them illegal. Those things should result in public shaming, but who is to determine what incites violence? I might be incited to violence by @nyjunc's continuing support of Mark Sanchez, does that mean he should be arrested?

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is getting into politics. There are those that feel that speech is speech and that hate speech and non-physical bullying are not crimes. They are bad things, but that shouldn't necessarily make them illegal. Those things should result in public shaming, but who is to determine what incites violence? I might be incited to violence by @nyjunc's continuing support of Mark Sanchez, does that mean he should be arrested?

No, but this might get you arrested, LOL .

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Being an Ass has no colour. Anyone can be a prick. He's off to a bad start.

He gets way too much hate from people here. He had an okay rookie season, yet fans want to trash him because they wanted Paxton Lynch or somebody else, although if you look at the people drafted behind him in the first round, none of them, except for Artie Burns, was productive.
He was bad in coverage and needs to get better. When you pick with the 20th pick in the first round, you are not getting a polished product.

He was the lowest rated rookie LB in the league. Spin it all you want, he was awful.

With that said, nothing like a bunch of white old dudes trying to tell him what he can and can't feel and say on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 hours ago, Tinstar said:

This tread is going to get locked .

Well then good thing I am

LacXflX.jpg

On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 5:17 PM, JetFaninMI said:

True enough. Who decides that? You? Me? Its a gray area. Perhaps these law's need to be amended to include social media. The impact social media has on our lives is huge. Bullying, hate speech, and suggestive comments are real problems that need to be addressed by an updated set of laws that can be reasonably applied to social media and its impact on our everyday lives. Would that apply here? Yes.

Very true for the end where others begin and the hate parts.  Slander is very well defined.

Archived