Darron Lee on Twitter

SR24

Perhaps the most political and longest political thread ever on jn.   And its still going........ 

So ill chime in while i can.

I dont know what he even means. White people trying to u derstand us?! Huh? Obviously hes got a problem with white folks.  If he didnt,  he wouldnt have those thoughts and certainly would have the brains to realize such a post will draw debate.  And it has....... 

So whatever.  Darron lee is racist and who cares? I need this racist to tackle not preach

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no more interested in the soci-political sperging of football players than I am in the 40 time or tackling skills of the President and congress.

I have no complaint that he wants to express himself, in fact I applaud it.  

I just take his view as worth no more nor less than any other random guy or gal.  His fame does not bequeath his political view with one iota of additional validity, nor does it take away one iota of validity.

TLDR:  people who look to celebs for their politics are looking int he wrong place.

9 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Very true for the end where others begin and the hate parts.  Slander is very well defined.

Slander is well defined. The spoken word is classified as Slander. Print form is Libel. Which would apply here? Social Media could be construed as print media. If so, it would be Libel not slander. That is the gray area. Negative comments are just that. If you don't like them don't listen to them. If someone calls you an a-hole or a racist is that slander? No. That is their opinion of you. If you're going to go after everyone in this life who makes a negative comment about you then you will waste a lot of time and effort in a fruitless cause. Sound's like a snowflake reaction to a silly person who will be forgotten in a few days.

10 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Perhaps the most political and longest political thread ever on jn.   And its still going........ 

So ill chime in while i can.

I dont know what he even means. White people trying to u derstand us?! Huh? Obviously hes got a problem with white folks.  If he didnt,  he wouldnt have those thoughts and certainly would have the brains to realize such a post will draw debate.  And it has....... 

So whatever.  Darron lee is racist and who cares? I need this racist to tackle not preach

I really wish you hadn't

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 7:18 PM, JetFaninMI said:

Slander is well defined. The spoken word is classified as Slander. Print form is Libel. Which would apply here? Social Media could be construed as print media. If so, it would be Libel not slander. That is the gray area. Negative comments are just that. If you don't like them don't listen to them. If someone calls you an a-hole or a racist is that slander? No. That is their opinion of you. If you're going to go after everyone in this life who makes a negative comment about you then you will waste a lot of time and effort in a fruitless cause. Sound's like a snowflake reaction to a silly person who will be forgotten in a few days.

In both cases there has to be proof of damage (usually monetary)  and it must be quantifiable by a reasonable method.  There are other remedies in cases like "emotional damage" has occurred.  This is why calling someone a racist is not considered either.  Now, more aggressive or agitating circumstances is exactly why we ended up with hate crimes.

I am not a lawyer but I am a fully licensed actuary.  I get hired to determine these types of damages several times a month.

Archived