Jets Working to Retain Clady?

JetNation

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But 2016 is over. It's in the past. That's the point. WHy bring up 2016 when it is in the past?

The amazing thing about UnitedWhofans is that every time you explain something to him in the simplest terms possible, he drills down another level. So, with that in mind: what happened in the past affects what happens in the future.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The amazing thing about UnitedWhofans is that every time you explain something to him in the simplest terms possible, he drills down another level. So, with that in mind: what happened in the past affects what happens in the future.

Super excited for the response "But the past becomes the present, which becomes the future, so how can you even draw this distinction. QED"

It will be hard to find a good LT.  They're extremely rare in the NFL, and even average serviceable types like Clady (pre injury) are like 10 million +.  This year its particularly dire as there are only 3-4 average ones on the market, almost no good rookies and 10+ teams that need a LT, so its likely going to inflate the price significantly.

I wouldn't want to QB the Jets next year, which is why i'm growing to like the idea of a Petty/Hack competition and drafting a QB and OT in the future.

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It was still a good contract but not for the reasons UnitedClueless said. 

Do you not have google too? http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ryan-fitzpatrick-s-latest-contract-offer-from-jets-three-years-15m-guaranteed-1.11859232

15mil, 3 years and backup pay for 2 of the seasons?  Where's the proof that that deal would have hurt the team?  

We'll wait for that blistering insig.

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You don't care that Macc continually botched free agency? I thought you were a Jets fan. 

I don't see a GM that "continually" botched FA. 

Unlike with your posting style, I don't whine about every FA he's signed.  

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

15mil, 3 years and backup pay for 2 of the seasons?  Where's the proof that that deal would have hurt the team?  

We'll wait for that blistering insig.

15 million guaranteed, not total. I didn't say it would hurt the team. If you believe that this fan base would appreciate having Fitz on a three year deal after seeing how things transpired in 2016, then you really are nuts. In the end, it worked out for the Jets to only be on the hook for one year and less guaranteed money. Simple. 

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't see a GM that "continually" botched FA. 

Unlike with your posting style, I don't whine about every FA he's signed.  

Then you haven't been paying attention or don't have the wherewithal to grasp the situation. Either way, I don't care to explain it to you any further. 

54 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

15 million guaranteed, not total. I didn't say it would hurt the team. If you believe that this fan base would appreciate having Fitz on a three year deal after seeing how things transpired in 2016, then you really are nuts. In the end, it worked out for the Jets to only be on the hook for one year and less guaranteed money. Simple. 

Then you haven't been paying attention or don't have the wherewithal to grasp the situation. Either way, I don't care to explain it to you any further. 

I'm the ones who's nuts?  I didn't want Fitz back with either of these contracts.  You loved him and called anyone who disagreed with you nuts a year ago too. 

And we don't know if the contract worked out for the Jets.  Don't know if the deal had an out.  Plus a lot of people who didn't want him as the starting QB could have loved with his deal knowing it sent back to being a backup, as he's much more suited to be.  

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm the ones who's nuts?  I didn't want Fitz back with either of these contracts.  You loved him and called anyone who disagreed with you nuts a year ago too. 

And we don't know if the contract worked out for the Jets.  Don't know if the deal had an out.  Plus a lot of people who didn't want him as the starting QB could have loved with his deal knowing it sent back to being a backup, as he's much more suited to be.  

And an NFL coaching staff and front office agreed with me along with many, many other analysts. It didn't work out because the whole team was bad, especially on defense and specials. It happens. And if his contract still had 2017 on the books, he'd still be the best internal option the Jets had. But it isn't and he's gone and it's time to move on. 

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And an NFL coaching staff and front office agreed with me along with many, many other analysts. It didn't work out because the whole team was bad, especially on defense and specials. It happens. And if his contract still had 2017 on the books, he'd still be the best internal option the Jets had. But it isn't and he's gone and it's time to move on. 

Yes, they agreed with you.  And you were all wrong while some of us were right.  But hey, that's the way I would want it to prove out.  At least we've moved away from the initial denial you were trying to sell.  And just like you were wrong then, you're wrong today.  They were bad because of historically bad QB play, horrific red zone execution which steam rolled into the team sucking in every phase of the game.   It especially on defense.  That's what people still trying to cover for Fitz blurt out.  No way the defense sucks like it did if Fitz played better. 

Lets compound the stupidity by actually selling Fitz as the best internal option if he was still under contract.  Someone may actually buy it.  But it is time to. I've on 

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes, they agreed with you.  And you were all wrong while some of us were right.  But hey, that's the way I would want it to prove out.  At least we've moved away from the initial denial you were trying to sell.  And just like you were wrong then, you're wrong today.  They were bad because of historically bad QB play, horrific red zone execution which steam rolled into the team sucking in every phase of the game.   It especially on defense.  That's what people still trying to cover for Fitz blurt out.  No way the defense sucks like it did if Fitz played better. 

Lets compound the stupidity by actually selling Fitz as the best internal option if he was still under contract.  Someone may actually buy it.  But it is time to. I've on 

Serious question: Is English your first language?

Secondary question: Are you saying you wanted Fitz and the Jets to fail in order to be proven right on the internet?

42 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Serious question: Is English your first language?

Secondary question: Are you saying you wanted Fitz and the Jets to fail in order to be proven right on the internet?

Yeah, I'm a foreigner.  Nothing more dickheaded than the typo police.

Nice thing with you is it takes only a few posts to remind me why I don't like you. 

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I'm a foreigner.  Nothing more dickheaded than the typo police.

Nice thing with you is it takes only a few posts to remind me why I don't like you. 

Typos are one thing. Incomplete and incoherent thoughts are another. It's lazy and it takes away from whatever delusional point you're trying to make. 

I don't care if you don't like me. You keep replying to me on many threads. So that's seems like a you problem. 

You also didn't answer the second question, so I'll just assume you'd rather be proven right than have your favorite team succeed. Nice. 

Archived