Chad Kelly

sourceworx

I saw a report that the Jets interviewed Chad Kelly at the Senior Bowl. I admittedly don't follow college football that much, but I looked into this kid, and he's interesting. 

He's Jim Kelly's nephew. Has had several off the field incidents, including being kicked off of Clemson's team. He also is coming off an ACL injury, so his draft stock is pretty low. However after watching some of his game videos, his talent is undeniable. He has a big arm, and a gunslinger mentality. Reminds me of Favre a little bit. 

I'm wondering what people's opinion of him are. Is he worth a Day 3 (possibly even a Day 2) pick?

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not sure what the purpose of drafting a third project QB would be. Unless the cut Petty, I doubt that they touch this kid or any other QB. If he goes undrafted there's no harm. I just don't see it though. 

Project qb?  Kelly would actually be able to play at some point next season and be effective unlike Chris Hackenturd

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

Project qb?  Kelly would actually be able to play at some point next season and be effective unlike Chris Wackenmonkey

Anyone taken in the 5th round or later are projects. He's projected in the 7th or undrafted. He's coming off a second knee surgery. He has off the field problems. He has some issues on the field as well. He's a project. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Anyone taken in the 5th round or later are projects. He's projected in the 7th or undrafted. He's coming off a second knee surgery. He has off the field problems. He has some issues on the field as well. He's a project. 

And yet he's better than Petty and Hack 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Everything I've read on him suggests that the only concerns with him are with his behavior off the field. Some have said he'd be a first round pick if it weren't for that. 

5 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Everything I've read on him suggests that the only concerns with him are with his behavior off the field. Some have said he'd be a first round pick if it weren't for that. 

I'm not sure if I'd go that far but I do like him a lot as a prospect and think that 2nd round could be fair if he wasn't injured. 

• 3 weeks later...

Former Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly barred from NFL combine

Matt Fortuna,Dr. Saturday Fri, Feb 17 8:57 AM PST 

Kelly seems a little immature - but he can play. I would love the Jets to pick him because you could stick him on IR for a year. If he was healthy the whole year and didn't have a thing for whores, he would probably be a top 5 pick.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Tony Pauline‏ @TonyPauline

Chad Kelly/QB/Mississippi leaves pro day workout after five throws with apparent hand/wrist injury...

that sucks. interesting guy if he really falls

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

that sucks. interesting guy if he really falls

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#OleMiss QB Chad Kelly, who aggravated a wrist injury (no structural damage) during his Pro Day, is rescheduling his workout for April 22nd.

On 1/28/2017 at 9:22 AM, sourceworx said:

I saw a report that the Jets interviewed Chad Kelly at the Senior Bowl. I admittedly don't follow college football that much, but I looked into this kid, and he's interesting. 

He's Jim Kelly's nephew. Has had several off the field incidents, including being kicked off of Clemson's team. He also is coming off an ACL injury, so his draft stock is pretty low. However after watching some of his game videos, his talent is undeniable. He has a big arm, and a gunslinger mentality. Reminds me of Favre a little bit. 

I'm wondering what people's opinion of him are. Is he worth a Day 3 (possibly even a Day 2) pick?

This is Chad Kelly:

Archived