Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Flushing Roots

Attention: PSL Thiefs

Recommended Posts

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

If anyone is looking to steal 3 in 128, 12 rows off the field, there's a guy on pslsource.com asking $200 each.

Face is $4000 x 3

Just posted this AM.

Wait they are paid off and he wants $200 each? Or there is still $ owed to the Jets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maxman said:

Wait they are paid off and he wants $200 each? Or there is still $ owed to the Jets?

Paid off and he wants $200 each.  5 cents on the dollar vs the $4000 PSL cost in LLEZ.

These won't last although he's got 3 that he needs to sell altogether.  You can't just take 2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Kicker with this offer is the guy has 3 seats which might pose a challenge for some.

I own three seats.  It's really good for resales when all of us can't go.  There aren't many 3-seat listings on Stub Hub or Tick Exch, so when someone is looking for three, it's very slim pickings.  I have been able to get 30-50% more per ticket than the typical per ticket price of a pair or quartet for sales.  So when only two of us can go, I sell the 3 and buy 2.  The enhanced price of 3 seats more than makes up for the commissions.  The same was true when I had 5 seats.  A much easier sell than 2 or 4.  3 seats is resale gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I own three seats.  It's really good for resales when all of us can't go.  There aren't many 3-seat listings on Stub Hub or Tick Exch, so when someone is looking for three, it's very slim pickings.  I have been able to get 30-50% more per ticket than the typical per ticket price of a pair or quartet for sales.  So when only two of us can go, I sell the 3 and buy 2.  The enhanced price of 3 seats more than makes up for the commissions.  The same was true when I had 5 seats.  A much easier sell than 2 or 4.  3 seats is resale gold.

Never thought of that.

Makes total sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither did I.  It just happened when I owned 5.  There were games where I needed to drop to 4.  Rather than experience the futility of trying to sell a single ticket, I would sell all 5 and was always amazed at how often I got my full listing price within a day instead of having to keep lowering it throughout the week.  Even though 2 or 4 cost less at the same moment, I'd  wait until near the end of the week when prices came down even more on pairs or fours.  I did the same thing this past season with my 3 tickets for some games while my older son is down in Florida.  Sell 3 a week or more before the game or early in the week, and then buy 2 in the same section for considerably less much later in the week.  I was astonished at how well this paid off.  Still.... I wish my older son were here and we would all 3 go. :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Neither did I.  It just happened when I owned 5.  There were games where I needed to drop to 4.  Rather than experience the futility of trying to sell a single ticket, I would sell all 5 and was always amazed at how often I got my full listing price within a day instead of having to keep lowering it throughout the week.  Even though 2 or 4 cost less at the same moment, I'd  wait until near the end of the week when prices came down even more on pairs or fours.  I did the same thing this past season with my 3 tickets for some games while my older son is down in Florida.  Sell 3 a week or more before the game or early in the week, and then buy 2 in the same section for considerably less much later in the week.  I was astonished at how well this paid off.  Still.... I wish my older son were here and we would all 3 go. :(

 

Very savvy strategy.  I love to hear different, creative and crafty ways to minimize the NYJ screwing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2017 at 7:59 AM, RSJ said:

Weren't the Jets giving PSL owners the opportunity to buy more seats last year?

Idc, I am pretty psyched and I feel like I just stole these seats. 

Yes. They told me they aren't sure if they are offering that again this year or not yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2017 at 0:42 PM, Dcat said:

I own three seats.  It's really good for resales when all of us can't go.  There aren't many 3-seat listings on Stub Hub or Tick Exch, so when someone is looking for three, it's very slim pickings.  I have been able to get 30-50% more per ticket than the typical per ticket price of a pair or quartet for sales.  So when only two of us can go, I sell the 3 and buy 2.  The enhanced price of 3 seats more than makes up for the commissions.  The same was true when I had 5 seats.  A much easier sell than 2 or 4.  3 seats is resale gold.

Yeah the odd # seats are always higher. A few times I have looked for a single seat and it is much higher than the average price per ticket for 2 or 4 seats. Not even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jet Life said:

I paid 400 each for section 124 row 11 last month. Excited for the season ! 

Nice job!

Stunning how cheap Jet PSLs are right now.  Most cost effective in the league and it's not even close.

Great values still to be had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2017 at 5:52 PM, Flushing Roots said:

Nice job!

Stunning how cheap Jet PSLs are right now.  Most cost effective in the league and it's not even close.

Great values still to be had.

Yeah its really stunning. I think Tennessee is maybe the only stadium cheaper. Every other one is much, much higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Deal of the week:

2 in 103 Row 48.  Asking $300 each on pslsource.com

Grab them and then relocate in LLEZ come April when there will be a lot of movement.

Go Jets!

Seeing #s like that make me greedy. 

I am PERFECTLY content with my current location, view, accessibility, price VALUE, & STH neighbors.

BUT the IDEAL seat for me are 50ish Yrd Line Mezzanines seats - Which is a modern day Club PSL. When the stadium first opened I think the initial Club PSLs were $15K/seat with a $700/game ticket price for 50 yard line Mezz. Ridiculously inflated prices. The Jets eventually realized their ridiculousness and slashed prices to about $300/game now, PSL remained $15K. So should I possibly upgrade in a depressed PSL market to my ideal seat location?

I see several KILLER 50 yard Mezz seats with PSLs being sold 2nd hand for CHEAPER than what my MezzCrnrs PSLs were back in 2010 ($4K). But the $300/game ticket price is what stops me from doing it. My ticket price of $130 to $300/game would be horribly bad value just to watch the same bad team product live.  If I upgraded to my ideal seats, it's literally tripling what I currently pay now and WHAT would stop the Jets from increasing those $300/game tickets BACK to $700ish/game if the team ever became GOOD & ENTERTAINING to WATCH?!!? :lol:

 

Woody has increased my ticket price $5 over the 6 year life of the stadium, so I can't complain, but YOU KNOW the Jets will swipe in to increase ticket prices once the team smells success again: Just for going 10-6 and JUST missing out on playoffs, Woody raised prices. Imagine when the Jets DO MAKE the playoffs? I expect a big price jump then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Seeing #s like that make me greedy. 

I am PERFECTLY content with my current location, view, accessibility, price VALUE, & STH neighbors.

BUT the IDEAL seat for me are 50ish Yrd Line Mezzanines seats - Which is a modern day Club PSL. When the stadium first opened I think the initial Club PSLs were $15K/seat with a $700/game ticket price for 50 yard line Mezz. Ridiculously inflated prices. The Jets eventually realized their ridiculousness and slashed prices to about $300/game now, PSL remained $15K. So should I possibly upgrade in a depressed PSL market to my ideal seat location?

I see several KILLER 50 yard Mezz seats with PSLs being sold 2nd hand for CHEAPER than what my MezzCrnrs PSLs were back in 2010 ($4K). But the $300/game ticket price is what stops me from doing it. My ticket price of $130 to $300/game would be horribly bad value just to watch the same bad team product live.  If I upgraded to my ideal seats, it's literally tripling what I currently pay now and WHAT would stop the Jets from increasing those $300/game tickets BACK to $700ish/game if the team ever became GOOD & ENTERTAINING to WATCH?!!? :lol:

 

Woody has increased my ticket price $5 over the 6 year life of the stadium, so I can't complain, but YOU KNOW the Jets will swipe in to increase ticket prices once the team smells success again: Just for going 10-6 and JUST missing out on playoffs, Woody raised prices. Imagine when the Jets DO MAKE the playoffs? I expect a big price jump then. 

Secondary market prices for Jet's PSLs are astonishingly low right now.  I always said I would never buy them.  Then two months ago I spotted 2 seats in 129 15 rows off the field for $250 each.  The guy unloaded them for 6.25 cents on the dollar from the original and current price of $4K.  They were reduced to $2500 for a period but then the Jet's raised them again to $4K.

I understand your dilemma.  Club PSLs are a bargain but your still getting fleeced with the $300 ticket price.

You could do this if you want a taste of those Club seats during the season:

Flip some of the dog games (PS, crappy opponent, Sun. Mon. Thurs. night, late season) as soon as the schedule comes out as you should get more return early than if you waited.  You have decent seats so you shouldn't take a huge hit.

Then on the day of the dog games you already resold, go to the games with your wireless printer in the back seat and buy those 50 yard line Club seats on SH 1-2 hours before kickoff when the prices plummet.  You may get them for less than the $130 your paying now in the Mezz Corner.

If you break even on the dog games you sold and pay $130 on SH for the 50 yard line Club seats, you just gave yourself a nice upgrade for half the season with no additional cash outlay.

Unless we are the surprise of the century this year, you know you will be able to steal those 50 yard line Club seats day of game 1-2 hours before kickoff.

IMO paying the $300 face per ticket for those seats makes no sense now or ever. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2017 at 4:44 AM, Flushing Roots said:

Secondary market prices for Jet's PSLs are astonishingly low right now.  I always said I would never buy them.  Then two months ago I spotted 2 seats in 129 15 rows off the field for $250 each.  The guy unloaded them for 6.25 cents on the dollar from the original and current price of $4K.  They were reduced to $2500 for a period but then the Jet's raised them again to $4K.

I understand your dilemma.  Club PSLs are a bargain but your still getting fleeced with the $300 ticket price.

You could do this if you want a taste of those Club seats during the season:

Flip some of the dog games (PS, crappy opponent, Sun. Mon. Thurs. night, late season) as soon as the schedule comes out as you should get more return early than if you waited.  You have decent seats so you shouldn't take a huge hit.

Then on the day of the dog games you already resold, go to the games with your wireless printer in the back seat and buy those 50 yard line Club seats on SH 1-2 hours before kickoff when the prices plummet.  You may get them for less than the $130 your paying now in the Mezz Corner.

If you break even on the dog games you sold and pay $130 on SH for the 50 yard line Club seats, you just gave yourself a nice upgrade for half the season with no additional cash outlay.

Unless we are the surprise of the century this year, you know you will be able to steal those 50 yard line Club seats day of game 1-2 hours before kickoff.

IMO paying the $300 face per ticket for those seats makes no sense now or ever. 

 

With this logic then, why not just go to the all the games with your wireless printer in the car at all times? The prices right before kickoff will always plummet. You never have to pay for preseason, and never have to pay for meaningless games, which most likely will be frequent the next few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hofstra Jet said:

With this logic then, why not just go to the all the games with your wireless printer in the car at all times? The prices right before kickoff will always plummet. You never have to pay for preseason, and never have to pay for meaningless games, which most likely will be frequent the next few years. 

You absolutely can do that and it will be the most cost effective way to go, bar none 'cause you don't eat the PS and other games where you don't want to go.

I was just pointing out to Gas that he could mix and match if he wanted to keep his seats and test out the 50 yard line Clubs at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Deal of the week:

2 in 123 Row 23 - $240 each.

6 cents on the dollar.

That's nuts.  We have 6 PSL's in 204, and I'm going to monitor this over the offseason to try and upgrade. 

Only lame part is if you ARE able to snag some in, say, the lower tier 20 yard line area, the ticket price per game skyrockets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

That's nuts.  We have 6 PSL's in 204, and I'm going to monitor this over the offseason to try and upgrade. 

Only lame part is if you ARE able to snag some in, say, the lower tier 20 yard line area, the ticket price per game skyrockets

Correct.

These are LLEZ seats for $240 each on pslsource.com

The 20 yard line LSL seat PSLs are more.

Good time for you to upgrade.  Call your rep and ask him to check inventory.

There will be a lot of movement this offseason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Correct.

These are LLEZ seats for $240 each on pslsource.com

The 20 yard line LSL seat PSLs are more.

Good time for you to upgrade.  Call your rep and ask him to check inventory.

There will be a lot of movement this offseason.

 

Only upgrading if it's for pennies on the dollar.  No interest in moving into a MORE expensive PSL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Only upgrading if it's for pennies on the dollar.  No interest in moving into a MORE expensive PSL.

You can request to move your seats to anywhere in LLEZ without any additional cost to you.  The face on your PSLs and the LLEZ ones are the same - $4K right?

Theorhetically you could upgrade your seats to any Row 1 in the LLEZ and be right on the field if they are available.  Six together would be tough though.

It's not going to cost you a dime to move down to the LLEZ.  Call your rep to see what's available.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×