RIP John Wetton GREAT Bass player of Asia, UK, Roxy

southparkcpa

WTF?  Another one?  Good God.

Very talented musician and writer.  RIP, good sir.

I'll post a tune from Wetton's brief tenure with Uriah Heep, replacing the brilliant Gary Thain.  By this point, the late lead singer  David Byron, was a drunken mess who missed multiple recording sessions.  They finally had Wetton sing the vocal.

16 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Asia and uriah heep were his worst endeavors. 

The OP failed to mention he was the bassist of King Crimson.  HE played bass on their 3 best masterpieces. 

Kinda like saying gene simmons of wicked lester died and not mentioning the band kiss

Would wager Asia sold a lot more records and tickets than either of his other bands. 

18 hours ago, HighPitch said:

The OP failed to mention he was the bassist of King Crimson.  HE played bass on their 3 best masterpieces. 

Kinda like saying gene simmons of wicked lester died and not mentioning the band kiss

Fair enough... i simply ran out of space but trust me, I knew that. He was not an original KC member so ...

21 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Why call someone out in a thread announcing a man's death?  Also, I would take issue with you characterizing Wetton's time in King Crimson as their best.  I hope you know that the recently departed Greg Lake was KC's original bassist/vocalist.  Nothing against Wetton, but IMO, Lake was in another class as a bassist and singer.  And I would put "In the Court of the Crimson King" (with Lake) as their true masterwork.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2017 at 2:51 PM, munchmemory said:

Why call someone out in a thread announcing a man's death?  Also, I would take issue with you characterizing Wetton's time in King Crimson as their best.  I hope you know that the recently departed Greg Lake was KC's original bassist/vocalist.  Nothing against Wetton, but IMO, Lake was in another class as a bassist and singer.  And I would put "In the Court of the Crimson King" (with Lake) as their true masterwork.

I didnt mean to call him out.  After rereading,  i can see your point but i didnt mean it that way pappito. 

Anyway,  its all subjective but the early crimson was like early beatles.... Good but popy and shallow. 

The best beatles stuff came later.  The best KC came later too on albums like red and discipline and thats all wetton. 

Anyways in the world of serious proggers and music snobs wetton=KC first. 

Asia was terrible girly music the sh*t stain of his career imo even tho he made his best coin off it

On 2/3/2017 at 2:51 PM, munchmemory said:

Yes, but Wetton played on Red and Red is amazing so.....

Archived