jetinsider/scout news

batman10023

I used to read and belong to a low traffic long dead Joe Namath CBS board back in the day. It was around '97. Tons of spam about Bolivian hot crotches, good Jets talk on occasion, all geared towards Namath and old Jets. It was mostly a battle of wits towards the end and generally funny nonsense. I got into a hilarious i-fight with a geek guy about Gamera. No, no, it's Gamerra. F you, his name is Gamera. Wait, it's Gamara. No, no, it's Gammara (I always knew deep down inside that thing was Italian). He's not Italian, he's Japanese!  Dude, it's a fuggin' fake turtle that spins around with fourth of July sparkle sticks that I bought from the Five and Dime stuck up his ass, who gives a sh!t?  I'LL KILL YOU!  I'm sure he meant it.. Hoy,  I thought I was gonna have to sing, "Mothra, Mothra cherry blossoms everywhere" to settle him down. 

Anyway, the only thing that I ever said on JI was, "Nevermind." Well, that's rather Poesque in light of things. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jetophile said:

I used to read and belong to a low traffic long dead Joe Namath CBS board back in the day. It was around '97. Tons of spam about Bolivian hot crotches, good Jets talk on occasion, all geared towards Namath and old Jets. It was mostly a battle of wits towards the end and generally funny nonsense. I got into a hilarious i-fight with a geek guy about Gamera. No, no, it's Gamerra. F you, his name is Gamera. Wait, it's Gamara. No, no, it's Gammara (I always knew deep down inside that thing was Italian). He's not Italian, he's Japanese!  Dude, it's a fuggin' fake turtle that spins around with fourth of July sparkle sticks that I bought from the Five and Dime stuck up his ass, who gives a sh!t?  I'LL KILL YOU!  I'm sure he meant it.. Hoy,  I thought I was gonna have to sing, "Mothra, Mothra cherry blossoms everywhere" to settle him down. 

Anyway, the only thing that I ever said on JI was, "Nevermind." Well, that's rather Poesque in light of things. 

Less talk about Gamera, more about these Bolivian hot crotches.

On 2/23/2017 at 2:52 PM, Jet Fan RI said:

Actually, it was more like 50 guys. And now even they have left Scout, and wound up on the same fan site as Hyatt and Ham.

It was like 3 active guys before JI got involved, there was one guy who was a Michigan fan, some other guy, and Hyatt just talking to each other.  Then it got a bit more popular but I hadn't seen any website be so dead.  Even a start board that I helped find actually had a decent amount of daily posts from the start.  This was just sad to see the same topic with the same amount of replies weeks later.  I remember checking out the site to see if they had scouting reports on anyone they picked since it was part of "scout" and they had two sentence articles like "Jets selected Stephen Hill in the second round.  He played at Georgia Tech".  I couldn't understand how any major publication (or website) could let that pass as an article.  

Some people from JI migrated over for a bit, but there was just too much tension like it was a HS takeover.  JI posters trying to impose their will, Scout posters pretending like these guys were mere guests in their house and it got stupid after that.  I remember one such thread where people were calling the hotel Hyatt to complain that this guy was using their trademark and devaluing the company.  I pretty much left after that, figured this is just stupid.  

On 2/24/2017 at 0:26 AM, jetophile said:

Dude, it's a fuggin' fake turtle that spins around with fourth of July sparkle sticks that I bought from the Five and Dime stuck up his ass, who gives a sh!t?  I'LL KILL YOU!  I'm sure he meant it... 

LOL. Perfect. 

SAR I

8 hours ago, win4ever said:

It was like 3 active guys before JI got involved, there was one guy who was a Michigan fan, some other guy, and Hyatt just talking to each other.  Then it got a bit more popular but I hadn't seen any website be so dead.  Even a start board that I helped find actually had a decent amount of daily posts from the start.  This was just sad to see the same topic with the same amount of replies weeks later.  I remember checking out the site to see if they had scouting reports on anyone they picked since it was part of "scout" and they had two sentence articles like "Jets selected Stephen Hill in the second round.  He played at Georgia Tech".  I couldn't understand how any major publication (or website) could let that pass as an article.  

Some people from JI migrated over for a bit, but there was just too much tension like it was a HS takeover.  JI posters trying to impose their will, Scout posters pretending like these guys were mere guests in their house and it got stupid after that.  I remember one such thread where people were calling the hotel Hyatt to complain that this guy was using their trademark and devaluing the company.  I pretty much left after that, figured this is just stupid.  

I think it was more than that. I am also a member of another fan site, the one where Hyatt and Ham and the regular Scout posters wound up. I think they wound up there because the owner of the other site invited them to join, and they did, pretty much en masse. I think inviting them was a mistake, because once they showed up they pretty much took over the conversation there. I enjoyed the place more before that group showed up.

On 2/27/2017 at 11:11 AM, Thor99 said:

As well you should have been. 

Thats like saying 'Candyman' in the mirror three times. 

Yeah if your journey involves looking for Tom Shane and you only end up banned, that is called Winning. That's the best case scenario right there. I looked for him once, and found him. Regretted it ever since. :)

On 2/21/2017 at 10:19 PM, Maxman said:

No they weren't going to buy an individual site for millions. If that was the case, I would have been long gone!

They paid 60 million to buy scout back.

Is that why you're selling JetNation PSL's next year?  And is it true that JN PSL holders will be required to post during the preseason?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is that why you're selling JetNation PSL's next year?  And is it true that JN PSL holders will be required to post during the preseason?

That is not true, our plan is JPL and with a JetNation Posting License you get:

• Expanded private message inbox
  • Phone support
  • Daily camp reports during training camp
  • Exclusive photos
  • Right of first refusal on non Jets topics
  • You do not have to post every game. A 4 game multi pack committment is all that is required. 1 preseason \ 3 regular

It is a good deal. Please update your email address in your User CP. :)

Thanks.

Archived