Draft Prospects Info

KRL

On 2/4/2017 at 8:27 PM, SR24 said:

Jamal Adams/Malik Hooker, Marshon Lattimore/Marlon Humphrey, Cam Robinson/Ryan Ramczyk maybe Mike Williams. Are the only players we should be considering with #6

definitely Mike Williams and I would add human missile Reuben Foster to this rd 1 list as well. 

2nd round targets: Desmond King, Sidney Jones, Teez Tabor, Curtis Samuel, Adoree Jackson, Juju Schuster

RB class is beyond loaded, we need to wait on RB until rd 3/4/5 

O-line class looking a little weak 

7 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I know a lot of Jet fans who want us to draft offense will get io me for this. 

But PLEASE trade down with the Browns, get their 12th pick. Take S.Jones- CB, Washington at 12, take T.Mckinley-OLB/Pass Rusher, UCLA or C.Harris- DE/Pass Rusher, Miss. in the 2nd round. Use the Browns second round pick (added via trade- first pick in rd. 2) to draft Garrett Bolles- OT, Utah.

Boom! Done. Take BPA the rest of the way. Draft 5 kickers for all I care (JK). This would help in solving 3 major problems- secondary, lack of pass rush, OT. 

I love all these prospects, and the Jets would be fairly lucky to get all of them. But, in this scenario, its not unrealistic.  

again - the ability to trade down must come from someone willing to trade up.....it's not a guaranteed option. 

Just now, peebag said:

again - the ability to trade down must come from someone willing to trade up.....it's not a guaranteed option. 

I know. But odds are the Jets will have a QB available at 6 (I think Browns will take Garrett #1 overall and still be in need of a QB). I think there will only be ONE QB taken in the top 5, 2 AT MOST. Right now, there are 3 top tier QB prospects that have separated themselves (Trubinsky, Watson, Kizer). We will see what transpires as we approach the draft. 

If not the Browns, I think there are other teams that may want to trade up for a QB. If not a QB, a guy like Fournette or maybe even guys like Allen or Hooker/Adams could be there and be used as trade bait. 

I guess I am thiking that either a QB or elite talent will be there for the Jets at 6. And yes, they could take him, but they could also use him to trade down. The Browns scenario makes sense b/c they have a lot of draft picks, will NOT want to pass on Garrett at #1 overall. And will still need/want a QB.  

I also absolutely love S.Jones as a prospect and believe he will come out as the best NFL CB in this draft. So some of this is wishful thinking.  

18 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I know. But odds are the Jets will have a QB available at 6 (I think Browns will take Garrett #1 overall and still be in need of a QB). I think there will only be ONE QB taken in the top 5, 2 AT MOST. Right now, there are 3 top tier QB prospects that have separated themselves (Trubinsky, Watson, Kizer). We will see what transpires as we approach the draft. 

If not the Browns, I think there are other teams that may want to trade up for a QB. If not a QB, a guy like Fournette or maybe even guys like Allen or Hooker/Adams could be there and be used as trade bait. 

I guess I am thiking that either a QB or elite talent will be there for the Jets at 6. And yes, they could take him, but they could also use him to trade down. The Browns scenario makes sense b/c they have a lot of draft picks, will NOT want to pass on Garrett at #1 overall. And will still need/want a QB.  

I also absolutely love S.Jones as a prospect and believe he will come out as the best NFL CB in this draft. So some of this is wishful thinking.  

Good thought process, CLE should take Garrett first and would still be looking for a QB.  I would LOVE to get the #12 pick and

an extra #2 

On 2/5/2017 at 11:32 AM, Gastineau Lives said:

Help me understand what you said. The most highly thought of running back prospect since Adrian Peterson is a 3rd string running back. That's what you're saying?

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.   Forte is guaranteed $4M next year and Fournette is not a 3rd down back so basically the Jets are stuck with a 1-2 of forte/powell for 2017.  

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Nick Chubb is going to go in the first round of the 2018 draft.  He went back to school to beat Georgia Tech. 

My bad I saw something a few weeks ago talking him up as a potential mid round RB

Not all of the college news makes it over this side of the pond!

Archived