Leonard Fournette- Brett Kollman Scouting Report Video

win4ever

It's a good scouting report from Kollman, the same guy that did the Hackenberg video last year.  I believe his account got flagged for using copyrighted material, so he had to wait until the season was over.  Anyway, he's back with scouting reports in the off-season, ans starts off with Fournette.  I thought it was a good video to watch.   

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm torn on Fournette because we need CB help badly (last season was a horror show at CB) but Fournette is also a great talent.  I might go away from him, draft a CB, and hope someone like McCaffery falls into the second round for us.  

The Jets suck so it doesn't really matter what position they draft as long as they're good. It appears that we'll be looking at meh positions anyway, so a back is fine. Sure, Malik Hooker and Ramczyk will have longer careers, but they're not doing sh*t to help me watch the Jets over the next two years.

He's my #1 player in this draft. I think the jets should take him if they don't believe in a QB. I understand when everyone says the position is deep and backs can be had later in the draft.  However if you keep passing on Adrian Peterson every year because you can get a mediocre but productive back in a later round. Or passing on a Julio jones because there are other productive but not great receivers later then you end up with a team full of non elite players that don't scare anyone.  

The Jets need players that are elite blue chip talents that scare defensive coordinators. Fournette is one of those players.

I don't usually want to draft a running back high, but Fournette is a difference maker, and the differential between him, and other potential running backs is huge.  He is the player the jets should choose if he is there, unless of course, they absolutely love one of the QBs.

I'm torn on Fournette because we need CB help badly (last season was a horror show at CB) but Fournette is also a great talent.  I might go away from him, draft a CB, and hope someone like McCaffery falls into the second round for us.  

Cb position is deep in the draft. Better value later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Cb position is deep in the draft. Better value later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible, although we need a ton of help in the secondary.  I'd love to nab two corners in this draft, first and third round maybe.  Although for that to be a reality, we need to trade down.  The only scenario I see now is the Browns doing 12/33 for 6

On 2/10/2017 at 1:27 AM, King P said:

I have a feeling he won't get past the Jaguars

Agreed.  They have selected defense in Ramsey and have Myles Jack coming back this year.  They tried with our guy Chris Ivory and 2nd round pick from Alabama.  Founette will be their pick unless........The Jets trade up to the 49er's at 2 for their 6th pick and let's say Sheldon Richardson and Pryor.  The analysis says it all, Fournette would be a great fit on a team with a young QB with no identity.  Fournette would become that identity and gives a guy like Hackenberg an opportunity to grow.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jets are in a win win scenario. They can't fix everything in 1 year. Just draft BPA studs like either Fournette, Adams, Hooker, Williams, it's all good whichever way they go. Fournette helps Hack tremendously.

You start Hack or Petty and the Running back is going to face a stacked box every single time . In a situation like that, Dalvin Cook is the better option because of his wiggle   .  The way to begin to fix the offense is not with more weapons but by fortifying the OL and getting better at opening holes and pass protecting better  .

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

You start Hack or Petty and the Running back is going to face a stacked box every single time . In a situation like that, Dalvin Cook is the better option because of his wiggle   .  The way to begin to fix the offense is not with more weapons but by fortifying the OL and getting better at opening holes and pass protecting better  .

You have to keep adding talent. If there isn't an Oline worth #6 you hope you can get one at #2 where it's better value. Or if you trade back you might be able to get Cook & an Olineman, but with Decker back, the speed of Anderson, Enunwa, maybe a young TE from this draft, if you did end up drafting Fournette, Hack learns how to take advantage of those guys stacking the box. You have to start somewhere, it's a helluva lot better for Hackenberg or Petty to have playmakers all around him. 

If Anderson puts on 8/10 LBs of muscle this offseason without losing any speed, he can be a huge threat if he gets one on ones. All of our young WRs could take a huge jump in 2017. A lot of teams aren't built to stop a great running game anymore. Gotta find anyway to win games. Great balance with a young QB is a great start. We were literally playing with 1 healthy RB last year in Powell, RB is a huge need going forward.

For as much love as this dude gets, being billed as a "once in a generation" type talent...there sure was a whole lot of defending of the things he doesnt do well in this breakdown. 

He cant read zone runs but that's because he's a downhill runner.  So shame on LSU for not running dive right, dive left with an iso and a FB every single time.  He cant read east to west concepts and isnt made to take runs out of the shotgun.  I'm sure NFL teams will have a really hard time stopping a guy who can only run in one style/system and it's not like teams use the Shotgun in the NFL.  So draft him, but dont put him a scheme that isnt absolutely perfect for him because while he's a generational talent, he's only good at running the ball his way.

He doesnt really make a whole lot out of nothing, he needs big holes.  But once those holes open up, check out out the top end speed.

He didnt produce vs. Bama ever but that's not his fault.  LSU only has a couple of NFL caliber OL.  And Bama is loaded with NFL talent that plays gap control well.  Fortunately, NFL players arent very good and dont understand gap control.

If I need anymore reason not to draft him at #6 overall, this video just did the trick. 

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

You have to keep adding talent. If there isn't an Oline worth #6 you hope you can get one at #2 where it's better value. Or if you trade back you might be able to get Cook & an Olineman, but with Decker back, the speed of Anderson, Enunwa, maybe a young TE from this draft, if you did end up drafting Fournette, Hack learns how to take advantage of those guys stacking the box. You have to start somewhere, it's a helluva lot better for Hackenberg or Petty to have playmakers all around him. 

If Anderson puts on 8/10 LBs of muscle this offseason without losing any speed, he can be a huge threat if he gets one on ones. All of our young WRs could take a huge jump in 2017. A lot of teams aren't built to stop a great running game anymore. Gotta find anyway to win games. Great balance with a young QB is a great start. We were literally playing with 1 healthy RB last year in Powell, RB is a huge need going forward.

There's a whole lot of if's in your argument .  Here's what I know base on the small sample size I have to work with . Ryan Ramzcyk is the real deal and a 1st round pick . In 2 years, nobody is going to care if he was value at 6 if he's a rising star at the position as I believe he will be .  I have made it known how I felt about the drafting of Brick over Cutler, but even I can admit that Brick was worth the pick based on his career .

Unless Garrett makes it to pick 6, every other player is a need position . There's an argument to be made for who's the best prospect at all these positions, but there's no argument as to who's the best OT and the kid is coming off hip surgery . There's  only 3 players I draft ahead of Ramczyk and that's the 2 QBs Trubisky and Watson because of the importance of the position and Of course Garrett who's can only blow his shot at being the top pick in 2017 .

In every single round, I'm picking the top player available at his position and need will be a consideration . If I don't need the player, why am I looking at him anyway ?

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

There's a whole lot of if's in your argument .  Here's what I know base on the small sample size I have to work with . Ryan Ramzcyk is the real deal and a 1st round pick . In 2 years, nobody is going to care if he was value at 6 if he's a rising star at the position as I believe he will be .  I have made it known how I felt about the drafting of Brick over Cutler, but even I can admit that Brick was worth the pick based on his career .

Unless Garrett makes it to pick 6, every other player is a need position . There's an argument to be made for who's the best prospect at all these positions, but there's no argument as to who's the best OT and the kid is coming off hip surgery . There's  only 3 players I draft ahead of Ramczyk and that's the 2 QBs Trubisky and Watson because of the importance of the position and Of course Garrett who's can only blow his shot at being the top pick in 2017 .

In every single round, I'm picking the top player available at his position and need will be a consideration . If I don't need the player, why am I looking at him anyway ?

The Cowboys didn't "need" Elliott. But they ain't winning all them games without him,lol.

10 hours ago, JiF said:

For as much love as this dude gets, being billed as a "once in a generation" type talent...there sure was a whole lot of defending of the things he doesnt do well in this breakdown. 

He cant read zone runs but that's because he's a downhill runner.  So shame on LSU for not running dive right, dive left with an iso and a FB every single time.  He cant read east to west concepts and isnt made to take runs out of the shotgun.  I'm sure NFL teams will have a really hard time stopping a guy who can only run in one style/system and it's not like teams use the Shotgun in the NFL.  So draft him, but dont put him a scheme that isnt absolutely perfect for him because while he's a generational talent, he's only good at running the ball his way.

He doesnt really make a whole lot out of nothing, he needs big holes.  But once those holes open up, check out out the top end speed.

He didnt produce vs. Bama ever but that's not his fault.  LSU only has a couple of NFL caliber OL.  And Bama is loaded with NFL talent that plays gap control well.  Fortunately, NFL players arent very good and dont understand gap control.

If I need anymore reason not to draft him at #6 overall, this video just did the trick. 

Other than Garrett, Fournette is the only guy at 6 who can save jobs over there in Florham Park.

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Other than Garrett, Fournette is the only guy at 6 who can save jobs over there in Florham Park.

Don't worry some team trades up to #6 to get ahead of Carolina who is hot for Fournette.  [-o<

Template is the Julio Jones trade:

A first-round pick, a second-round pick and a fourth-round pick, and then a first round pick and a fourth-round pick in 2018.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The only player that can be drafted at 6 that can save any jobs is a franchise QB. Macc and Bowles are on their way out whether they realize it or not. A running back isn't saving any job. 

25 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The only player that can be drafted at 6 that can save any jobs is a franchise QB. Macc and Bowles are on their way out whether they realize it or not. A running back isn't saving any job. 

I don't know. Maccagnan has painted him and Bowles into a corner with the way he's handled Fitzpatrick, Hackenberg, and his draft picks. If you were him and you saw what was going to be there at six, what would you do? Draft the injured free safety, the injured tackle, the QB with accuracy issues to compete with last year's high pick QB with accuracy issues, or a corner to replace the $17 million dollar corner that blew up in your face?

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don't know. Maccagnan has painted him and Bowles into a corner with the way he's handled Fitzpatrick, Hackenberg, and his draft picks. If you were him and you saw what was going to be there at six, what would you do? Draft the injured free safety, the injured tackle, the QB with accuracy issues to compete with last year's high pick QB with accuracy issues, or a corner to replace the $17 million dollar corner that blew up in your face?

Is this a serious question?

Archived