Every throw from Mike Glennon

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Trade Sheldon Richardson to Cincy for AJ Mccarron and a 6th rounder. 

Cincy loves the edgey, troublesome players. Jets need a QB that was picked and "developed", and Mccarron fits that bill. Then let him duke it out with the other two we have on the roster.

Mccarron and a 4th, and I'm good with this. He still has a year left on his rookie deal, so you're basically giving him a year to prove himself before paying him big bucks.

And as I mentioned earlier, I'm a Glennon fan.  I'd be happy to have him on the team. But I understand the argument against paying him a sh!tload of money when he has yet to prove that he's a guy you build around.

Trading for Mccarron is less risky. 

11 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Hey Win4ever is it you that does the all22 breakdowns throughout the season?...if so great job man I really found those useful and appreciate you taking the time. I'm sure you have a life to live rather than constantly cutting  up tape for this site but would be interested in some college analysis if you are minded to have a go. Either way thanks again for providing the analysis throughout the season

Yup, it's me, and thank you.  

Actually the day after the Super Bowl, I emailed PSU to see if I could get access to their All 22 tapes for Hackenberg.  I already did a scouting report on him via game tapes, but I wanted to see his options down the field, and progressions reads.  They haven't responded, lol.  

I'll do some after the draft, just so we know who to profile, rather than guessing.  Last year I worked on Elliot (back when people were debating if we should take him at 20) for a long time, and he wasn't even close to our pick, so no one cared.  

• Upvote 1

Bottom line is Mike Glennon is better than the quarterbacks that we have (Hackenberg is TBD, but if we brought in Glennon that tells us all we need to know...).

The other bottom line is that while Glennon looked solid in his exposure, he has done nothing to deserve starter money. Prove it deal? I'm in. $15 mil a season? Get the **** out of here....

Why are people so enamored with AJ McCarron by the way?  

The guy had his success throwing to AJ Green, Sanu, Marvin Jones, Tyler Eifert, with Jeremy Hill and Bernard in the back field, went over 200 yards once in 2015.  Guy screams game manager to me, and not like the scouting report does him any favors.  Why is he such a hot ticket?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, win4ever said:

The guy had his success throwing to AJ Green, Sanu, Marvin Jones, Tyler Eifert, with Jeremy Hill and Bernard in the back field, went over 200 yards once in 2015.  Guy screams game manager to me, and not like the scouting report does him any favors.  Why is he such a hot ticket?

Pro: they won (2-1 as a starter, 2-2 if you count the playoffs), TD:INT, completion percentage, young, dirt cheap.  He is getting $650K for 2017 and is an RFA for 2018 because he was on the non-football injury list for 2014, so he doesn't have the 4th accrued season yet.  This makes him attractive as a backup even if your draft pick or young project works out. 

Con: Not a big arm, not a lot of volume - low YPA, no big games (he did have 280 in 3 quarters against the Steelers when Dalton went down and had 200 @ the super bowl Broncos and 212 in the playoff loss to the Steelers, counting the playoffs he averaged 209 in the games he played the majority of), supposedly he performed poorly in interviews at the combine.   Some of that may have only related to acting like he was a sure first rounder, but he supposedly turned a bunch of teams off. 

Since this is the Glennon thread I will state that I think I would take Glennon over McCarron.  OTOH, I would take McCarron at $650K over Glennon at $5-12M (or Hoyer at $2M for that matter).

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Pro: they won (2-1 as a starter, 2-2 if you count the playoffs), TD:INT, completion percentage, young, dirt cheap.  He is getting $650K for 2017 and is an RFA for 2018 because he was on the non-football injury list for 2014, so he doesn't have the 4th accrued season yet.  This makes him attractive as a backup even if your draft pick or young project works out. 

Con: Not a big arm, not a lot of volume - low YPA, no big games (he did have 280 in 3 quarters against the Steelers when Dalton went down and had 200 @ the super bowl Broncos and 212 in the playoff loss to the Steelers, counting the playoffs he averaged 209 in the games he played the majority of), supposedly he performed poorly in interviews at the combine.   Some of that may have only related to acting like he was a sure first rounder, but he supposedly turned a bunch of teams off. 

Since this is the Glennon thread I will state that I think I would take Glennon over McCarron.  OTOH, I would take McCarron at $650K over Glennon at $5-12M (or Hoyer at $2M for that matter).

He performed decent, but when I watched some of his throws, he had multiple guys wide open in that offense.  That might actually be on of the most talented offenses I've seen in terms of weapons, and the offensive line was top 10 according to PFF and Football Outsiders.  Marvin Jones was basically the No. 3 option there and he almost got 1000 yards this season, and Sanu was good with the Falcons.  

I think what happened was that, when Dalton went down, defenses doubled down on stopping the rush, as both Gio and Hill saw their Y/C go down with him in there, and there were one on one match ups outside to exploit.  I almost get the Sanchez vibe from him.

Sanchez (Playoffs)

60.5%, 5.7% TD, 1.9% INT, 192.5 Y/G, 7.4 Y/A,  94.3 Rating, 

AJ McCarron (Last 4 in the regular season)

66%, 5% TD, 1.7% INT, 208 Y/G, 7.2 Y/A, 97.1 Rating.

And we all saw Sanchez fall apart when the weapons weren't there for him, so I'm not sure why McCarron is a hot commodity now.   He makes some nice throws for sure, but saw some plays where AJ Green just made the play for him.  There was one particular one (just in the highlights) where he had a one on one slot match up on a slant route for an easy pass, and he threw one up to Green in the back of the end zone, where he made a great catch over the CB.  On most teams, that's probably an incomplete pass, and for snake bitten teams like us, an interception.  

I'm not saying he's bad, nor that I wouldn't take him on the team, but assuming it costs us the equivalent of a second round pick, I don't think he's really worth it, unless he's made some improvements that I'm not privy to.  He did well in his opportunities, but I just feel like that's an extremely loaded team in terms of offense.  I think he would falter with an inferior line, and lesser play makers, which makes the acquisition cost not worth it.   I absolutely take him at $650K, but it's the draft pick that's going to hurt (or the equivalent value).  

20 hours ago, southtown24th said:

If we take anyone BUT a QB at #6, I am officially, since 1988, at three years old, done with this franchise.  I can't watch another ******* season, not another ******* season with some shotty, 3rd round, 2nd round, retread, 40 year old rapist, Harvard educated journeyman piece of sh*t Quarterback play.

I'm out. See ya.

LOL. 1988. Welcome aboard, new guy.

2 hours ago, win4ever said:

I'm not necessarily enamored. Sheldon has to be traded regardless. I'm not a fan of spending franchise QB money to sign Glennon, when the Bucs have already deemed him a backup. So, I was suggesting an alternative that considers both variables.im not even guaranteeing Mccarron the starter job, just adding him to the QB corps.

AJ McCarron is a bum but we'll prob get the #1 overall pick if he's our starter so count me in!

Btw, if Glennon is a middle-of-the-pack kind of guy then I don't want him.  I'd rather bottom out than be mediocre.  Great teams catch lightning in the draft (almost always at the QB position).  Admittedly Brady was a 6th rounder but you can't count on that type of stuff. 

The Browns have the right idea imo. 

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

AJ McCarron is a bum but we'll prob get the #1 overall pick if he's our starter so count me in!

Btw, if Glennon is a middle-of-the-pack kind of guy then I don't want him.  I'd rather bottom out than be mediocre.  Great teams catch lightning in the draft (almost always at the QB position).  Admittedly Brady was a 6th rounder but you can't count on that type of stuff. 

The Browns have the right idea imo. 

Because passing on Carson Wentz, Odell Beckham, Teddy Bridgewater, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins and Derek Carr (just to name a few) has worked out in the Browns favor.

Do you know how many players/coaches participated in this past SB that were either former Browns players/coaches or players that the Browns passed on in the Draft specifically because they traded out of their pick?

The browns are a terrible example.

• Upvote 1

I think this non-rebuild philosophy, a patchup as we go... can get you to the playoffs and keep the franchise "respectable. It's easier  to rationalise raising ticket prices, when we have  a  500 ball club. Unfortunately, even 500 ball is not very sustainable. Never mind the last 40+ years, the last ten years since Kellen Clemens was drafted, Jets fans have been placated with one brief episode with an aging football star - Favre and one other star, mevis Revis... plus a handful of other cornerstone players like Mangold and Leonard Williams. The NFL is built on the majority of teams not having a long term philosophy and not having the balls to make the hard decisions. The same small group of better run clubs who had some luck with their qb drafting are the mainstay of the playoffs; a minority of other clubs making occassional appearances in the wild card round to the afc championship game. Luck plays a big role but it takes scouting and a ruthless GM, who can keep an owner happy and sit with him watching a sh*tty product untill they manange to get to the point where the team is watchable.

I think our young qbs likely suck but in truth signing a hold the fort/respectable mid tier qb taking up valuable cap and practice reps is likely just prolonging this 40 years plus of misery.  The hard choice would be to watch this sh*t show of Hack and Petty for next season and being open to continuing to draft another kid either this year or next year.

I previously slotted Mitch Trubisky here, citing some news story that the Jets had interest in him. Charlie Campbell squashed those reports in his Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. The scuttlebutt is that Christian Hackenberg has developed well behind the scenes, so perhaps the Jets won't give up on him without seeing him play after all.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php#Qp1PCJCFLUP6a5SO.99

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Bottom line is Mike Glennon is better than the quarterbacks that we have (Hackenberg is TBD, but if we brought in Glennon that tells us all we need to know...).

The other bottom line is that while Glennon looked solid in his exposure, he has done nothing to deserve starter money. Prove it deal? I'm in. $15 mil a season? Get the **** out of here....

Why does anyone who calls themselves a New York Jets fan or anyone on this forum actually consider Mike Glennon an option ? Please explain. 

Unknown.jpeg

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not necessarily enamored. Sheldon has to be traded regardless. I'm not a fan of spending franchise QB money to sign Glennon, when the Bucs have already deemed him a backup. So, I was suggesting an alternative that considers both variables.im not even guaranteeing Mccarron the starter job, just adding him to the QB corps.

Yeah, I think Sheldon pretty much has to go, unless we deal Wilkerson, or we go to a 4-3 base, both of which seem unlikely.  

I just don't think McCarron adds much to the team, he might be Sanchez good, someone who will manage the game, won't cost us the game, but rarely win a game by himself as well.  I'd rather just get say a 2nd round pick for Sheldon, and see if we can turn that into a valuable corner in this draft or an OL.  I think I had the same argument last year with Fitzpatrick, in that, Fitzpatrick isn't better than Geno Smith + $8 million player (at the time that was the rumored number), and it went haywire, lol.  We can go back and forth on Fitz vs. Geno, and coming into the year I thought they were close, but I didn't see why he had to be $8 million better.  The same principle applies, where I don't think McCarron is Sheldon Richardson better than Petty (and possibly Hack).  

I'm much more enamored with the QB pack from next year's crop.  I think I posted this elsewhere, but I'll copy it here since I'm lazy.  My prime theory being, I'd rather go into next year with Petty/Hack.  If they win, then problem solved.  If they suck, prime position for a draft.  

The 2018 class could be loaded, which is why I'm against signing a Cutler or Glennon because they aren't good enough to make us consistently contend. We should go with Petty/Hackenberg. If they succeed, problem solved. If not, we are horrible with good draft position.

Darnold- Needs to do it again next season but showed good arm, accuracy, mobility.

Rosen- Considered a one time lock for No. 1 pick, has all the tools, just needs to improve his consistency.

Lamar Jackson- great runner, but needs a ton of work as a passer. He has the arm, but wide open system and he really needs to work on his pass timing.

Browning- he faltered near the end, but apparently had an injury hampering him. Not quite the arm talent, but very cerebral and reminds me of Pennington.

Allen- Wyoming QB who some had in the first round this year went back to school.

Rypien- Personal sleeper, Boise QB, bit undersized but very good arm talent.

I think the top 3 would be better than any QB in this draft or last year's draft. There are 6 potential first round guys without factoring in the out of nowhere breakout prospect as well.

While tanking specifically for Darnold may or may not work out, the QB class is one of most talented in years, and for a team that lacks a top tier QB option, this would be the year to tank.

Well the odds are that one of them stands out (he will go first), one stays about the same (still top 3), and one will revert (top 10 still)

Same thing for the second tier, one will stand out (top 3), one will stay the same (top 15) and one will fall off (fringe first).

So we tank because there is a chance two guys will be top 3 talent. If we pick say 10th, we're hoping the guy that reverted falls to us, or pick the 2nd and 3rd options in the second tier.

All these guys are like say Hackenberg after the freshman year. If they improve on the normal gradient, we have a franchise guy. If they regress, there is obviously some risk. I think 33% of this group will be surefire franchise guys, and I want to have a shot at it.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:49 AM, Villain The Foe said:

There were a couple of people who requested this so here you go. I doubt I'll be able to do one game a day but I will try to complete 5 games per week until all of his games are covered.  Provided will be every throw from Glennon starting with his first game as a pro. I will try to cover some preseason games as well but I will first concentrate on regular season games. Footage has been slightly slowed when creating the Gif's in order see the throws but also clearly observe everything else happening on the play within the footage. 

Glennon's 1st game as a pro vs. Arizona. 

24 of 43 for 193 yards, 1TD 2 INT's

Glennon throws 43 times in his first game. 

Drive 1

01.gif

02.gif

03.gif

04.gif

Drive 2

05.gif

09.gif

Drive 3

10_1.gif

11.gif

12.gif

Drive 4

13.gif

14.gif

15.gif

16.gif

Drive 5

17.gif

18.gif

19.gif

20.gif

21.gif

22.gif

23.gif

24.gif

25.gif

Drive 6

26.gif

27.gif

28.gif

Drive 7

29.gif

30.gif

31.gif

Drive 8

32.gif

33.gif

34.gif

35.gif

36.gif

Drive 9

37.gif

38.gif

Drive 10

39.gif

Drive 11

40.gif

Drive 12

41.gif

42.gif

Drive 13

43.gif

44.gif

45.gif

46.gif

The next game up will be vs Philly. Should be up tomorrow. 

Legend.

You should get a job with our scouting team

Probably do a better job than they could.........

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Glennon's 3rd game as a pro vs. ATL 

26 of 44 for 256 yards, 2TD's 0 INT's, 1 fumble returned for a TD. 

Glennon throws 44 times in his 3rd game. Glennon's first 3 games as a rookie he's thrown 43 or more passes in each.

Drive 1. 

51.gif

52.gif

53.gif

Drive 2.

54.gif

55.gif

56.gif

57.gif

Drive 3.

58.gif

59.gif

60.gif

61.gif

62.gif

Drive 4.

63.gif

Drive 5.

64.gif

65.gif

Drive 6.

66.gif

67.gif

Drive 7

68.gif

69.gif

70.gif

71.gif

72.gif

73.gif

74.gif

75.gif

76.gif

77.gif

78.gif

Drive 8

79.gif

80.gif

81.gif

82.gif

83.gif

Drive 9

84.gif

85.gif

Drive 10

86.gif

87.gif

88.gif

89.gif

90.gif

91.gif

92.gif

93.gif

94.gif

95.gif

96.gif

97.gif

98.gif

The next game will be vs. the Panthers. 

Shoutouts to the guys anticipating this play. :-)

mike-glennon-fumble-against-carolina.gif

• Upvote 1

Great job Villain.  Could you make the clips a little bit longer before the snap to see any adjustments he is making pre-snap, if he makes any?  In the plays where the line breaks down, I am wondering if he made adjustments pre-snap or was it just the fact that the o-line couldn't hold up.  Over the course of the three games you can see him progressing.  Has a bunch of throws leaning backwards, but this seems to occur when he is trying to add some touch to the throw or has some pressure.  When he steps into his throws he has much more zip but accuracy needs to improve. Most of his throws are between the numbers but slowly he throws to the outside to try to open up the field.  Not sure if this was by design or if he was becoming more confident in his throws.  Numbers from the first three games: 7 completions outside the numbers, 8 completions outside the numbers (2 roll outs), 11 completions outside the numbers (2 roll outs). Otherwise his play was predictable and took what the defense gave him which is good for a rookie.  Lots of underneath crossing patterns and RB check downs.  Needs to work on accuracy on longer throws and could develop targeting more than a couple players.  V-Jax went from 11 to 14 to 22 targets in 3 games.  Can't wait to see his progression over the course of his rookie year with more game footage.

Just a question on Petty and Hackenberg though.  In the first game Glennon looks terrible, but as the season progresses (through three games) we see improvement but he still has a lot of problems with accuracy, throwing mechanics, reads, etc.  Couldn't Petty and/or Hackenberg make the same progress / improvements if they were given practice time / playing time and 4 years in the league?

Keep up the good work.

Sting has a message for Villain:

tumblr_njqo5xgK4L1qedb29o2_500.gif

Every snap you take and every throw you make

Every run you fake, for my own sake, I'll be watching you.

Every single play and every audible you say

Every game you play, every fumble away, I'll be watching you

Oh can't you see, you belong to me

How my poor heart aches with every throw you make

Every move you make, every audible you fake

Every tackle you break, you take the cake,  I'll be watching you.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

:D Your versatility continues to amaze. How did you ever last to rd2?

• Upvote 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, win4ever said:

They all are in love with his wife

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

Great job Villain.  Could you make the clips a little bit longer before the snap to see any adjustments he is making pre-snap, if he makes any?  In the plays where the line breaks down, I am wondering if he made adjustments pre-snap or was it just the fact that the o-line couldn't hold up.  Over the course of the three games you can see him progressing.  Has a bunch of throws leaning backwards, but this seems to occur when he is trying to add some touch to the throw or has some pressure.  When he steps into his throws he has much more zip but accuracy needs to improve. Most of his throws are between the numbers but slowly he throws to the outside to try to open up the field.  Not sure if this was by design or if he was becoming more confident in his throws.  Numbers from the first three games: 7 completions outside the numbers, 8 completions outside the numbers (2 roll outs), 11 completions outside the numbers (2 roll outs). Otherwise his play was predictable and took what the defense gave him which is good for a rookie.  Lots of underneath crossing patterns and RB check downs.  Needs to work on accuracy on longer throws and could develop targeting more than a couple players.  V-Jax went from 11 to 14 to 22 targets in 3 games.  Can't wait to see his progression over the course of his rookie year with more game footage.

Just a question on Petty and Hackenberg though.  In the first game Glennon looks terrible, but as the season progresses (through three games) we see improvement but he still has a lot of problems with accuracy, throwing mechanics, reads, etc.  Couldn't Petty and/or Hackenberg make the same progress / improvements if they were given practice time / playing time and 4 years in the league?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks man. I'll see what I can do. Glennon's first 4 or 5 games the dude threw almost 50 passes in each, the problem is the file size of each gif and the server I save them on. Once I get to games when he's throwing 20-30 passes per game I'll try to extend each clip, but I dont want to run out of space and I already tweeked the visual settings to where the GIF's are atleast watchable. 

I'll keep it in mind, though his next 1 or two games he's thrown a ton of passes as well so dont expect them there. 

You're right about him leaning back when throwing. What I noticed it in these first games the guy is under constant pressure and I believe (my opinion) that he's not comfortable/confident in the oline...and rightfully so most of the time. There are times however where he did have time where not only did he rush the throw but he threw the ball away instead of completing going though his progressions. Here's an example. 

76.gif

He has a receiver open at the top of the screen, however he throws the ball to the bacvk of the endzone. I believe that he's not used to having this amount of time and the clock in his head told him to get rid of the ball. The good thing here is that he does step into this throw, the bad thing is he had time to look left. 8 times out of 10 Glennon makes this throw, however, this offensive line (as you will continue to see when I put up more games) is the absolute gutter of Oline's. 

You also noticed something that I instantly liked about Glennon. He works the middle of the field. I think it was his 2nd game, his TE Tim Wright had like 8 catches for 90 yards because Glennon was killing the seams. I like his downfield throwing, even in the beginning. One thing you will notice is that his receivers rarely if ever gain separation. The good thing about that is you're able to see where Glennon places the ball when throwing deep passes. Check out this pass. 

71.gif

Im not even sure if I can call that a "throwing window" the coverage was so tight. But Glennon puts the ball high and away from the back and Jackson makes a great play on this ball here. Glennon gets much better with his football placement in his 2nd year, and it isnt just because of Mike Evans but I like how he directs his receivers with his passes, something that he did much more frequently outside of his rookie season. The kid is competent and isnt afraid to stand in the pocket and keep his eyes down the field. Tough to do with the offensive line he's had....but something that I could imagine will make him an even more efficient QB once he gets a respectable line. 

I think Petty/Hack could make progress, but I think it would be fair to them at this point to make that progression in practice. Not that im comparing them to Glennon, but the truth of the matter is Glennon has been given the luxury to progress in the background...something that Kirk Cousins took and ran with all the way to getting 20 million on a franchise tag, and best believe the Skins are going to pay him again. 

Petty and more specifically Hackenberg needs time. Neither were as "NFL ready" as Glennon, and as you can see Glennon wasnt lighting the world on fire. It also didnt help that his team was trash as well, something that Hack/Petty can both say at this point, atleast at the Oline position. Its not good to have question marks at 3 of your 5 Oline positions. Better to bring in a guy who's done Glennon's type of work under similar circumstances. Not saying that the Jets Oline was just as bad (trust me, you've seen NOTHING yet when it comes to that Bucs oline), but atleast we know that Glennon can handle himself with chaos going on around him and still keep his eyes down the field. 

I appreciate you doing the breakdown like that as well (highlighted section), I do these breakdowns for a reason and its to spark conversation. 

On 2/9/2017 at 7:15 AM, Scott Dierking said:

Just a quick review of many of his passes, he looks to throw off his back foot a lot. Granted, there was decent pressure on him (like that won't happen with the Jets).

Just saying his weight transfer is not all there. My professional opinion

Half his throws com from the ear or lower...like a shot-put.  Makes for a quick release but an awful underthrow from time to time.  I prefer the over the top passers for consistency.  I do like his pocket presence though.

16 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Half his throws com from the ear or lower...like a shot-put.  Makes for a quick release but an awful underthrow from time to time.  I prefer the over the top passers for consistency.  I do like his pocket presence though.

Glennon's pocket presence has gotten even better

• Upvote 1