Are the Jets going to be worse than last year?

UnitedWhofans

A lot of people are predicting gloom and doom for 2017. Which to some extent I can't really understand.

Yes the Jets don't have a QB. But they didn't this year and won 5 games.

It seems that a lot of people are underselling the Jets young talent which is interesting because we saw them play for 16 games.

So the question is are the Jets going to be worse this year than last year? And if so, why?

BTW, I'm not saying the Jets are going to the playoffs next year

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly hope so because we are not winning it all without a QB. Young talent? I can accept that but not one of them could play QB at the NFL level. So until we find our QB winning 4-8 games year does nothing but guarantee we will all be dead before we find one. Even the younger dudes. 1969-2017 happened in a flash. Be 2065 before you guys know it. You will still be posting these exact threads. I will be long gone. Thank heavens. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I just have a problem with people predicting that this was the worst Jets team since Kotite, and they won 5 games, which was more than the two Kotite years combined

I was not around for the Kotite years, I'd be surprised if he actually coached any worse than Bowles did last year.

This team is coming off a 10 win season and was loaded with expensive high priced vets.  The team was terrible in every single phase of football, all of them.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

A lot of people are predicting gloom and doom for 2017. Which to some extent I can't really understand.

It seems that a lot of people are underselling the Jets young talent which is interesting because we saw them play for 16 games.

So the question is are the Jets going to be worse this year than last year? And if so, why?

No, I do not believe so.

The wild card is Bowles himself, because he is frankly a horrible Head Coach IMO.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

People have said this season was a nuclear disaster. A doomed season.

A 5-11 record doesn't say nuclear disaster. A 1-15 record is a nuclear disaster.

And I can't seem to figure why next year's team would be worse

Have you been through a nuclear disaster? There are levels of nuclear disaster. A lot of people don't know this.

Just now, Larz said:

the kotite teams were overmatched talent wise, bowles team flat out quit

the quitting is a much bigger sin to me.  they need to win me back with a smart off season and NFL effort

Agreed. Once a team quits on the coach, the coach is dead. Next year will resemble the Kotite years in that it'll be equally hopeless.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I was not around for the Kotite years, I'd be surprised if he actually coached any worse than Bowles did last year.

This team is coming off a 10 win season and was loaded with expensive high priced vets.  The team was terrible in every single phase of football, all of them.

They won 5 games. I had them winning 7 games. 

Just now, Larz said:

the quitting is a much bigger sin to me.  they need to win me back with a smart off season and NFL effort

That's fine. But dont say that this is equivalent to the Kotite teams

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's another problem. People are judging the Jets QB situation without realizing that there is such a thing as FREE AGENCY

please get over it.  if you want  sunny day fans become a broncos fan

Just now, ASH1962 said:

That post is so idiotic it is not even worthy of a response.

Yay we went 5-11 LOL, unreal.

When do I cheer being 5-11?

There is a difference between being just meh bad and being a nuclear disaster.

Media and fanbase are treating this team like a nuclear disaster, when their record shows that they are just meh bad.

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's another problem. People are judging the Jets QB situation without realizing that there is such a thing as FREE AGENCY

Well if you look at the DREGS available in FREE AGENCY you can see why people are not thrilled.

14 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Thank you plus 1000000

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed. Once a team quits on the coach, the coach is dead. Next year will resemble the Kotite years in that it'll be equally hopeless.

I would say I think we are looking at kotite or even holtz territory next year, it may upset some people

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

Why do people keep saying this?

The '96 Kotite team had MORE talent than this one.  Look at the '96 roster.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Why do people keep saying this?

The '96 Kotite team had MORE talent than this one.  Look at the '96 roster.

nah.  some big name players, but they were either rookies or veterans looking for the last pay day.  kotite was 36-28 with the eagles, he wasn't some high school coach.  granted, kotite did a lot of dumb things, but that jets team was stank

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

nah.  some big name players, but they were either rookies or veterans looking for the last pay day.  kotite was 36-28 with the eagles, he wasn't some high school coach.  granted, kotite did a lot of dumb things, but that jets team was stank

But what will the difference be between last year's team and this year's team?

No one seems to want to answer that.

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

We'll have to wait for FA and the Draft but currently I don't see a whole lot of talent on this team.

Outside of the WRs and DL what do we have?  A whole lot of JAGs.

I think Lee and Jenkins can be pretty good, especially Jenkins. Someone posted a stat that PFF graded him second amongst rookies to Joey Bosa in setting/defending the edge. 

Lee, of course, needs to improve in coverage. 

Secondary is more sparse, although Burris could be good.

OL is a place that people seem to think we are bad, but except for LT, they are pretty much set.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think the Vegas odds say the Jets and the 49ers have the lowest chance of winning the SB next year.  Vegas isn't biased.  The Jets are going to blow unless they're starting Tony Romo.

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think Lee and Jenkins can be pretty good, especially Jenkins. Someone posted a stat that PFF graded him second amongst rookies to Joey Bosa in setting/defending the edge. 

Lee, of course, needs to improve in coverage. 

Secondary is more sparse, although Burris could be good.

OL is a place that people seem to think we are bad, but except for LT, they are pretty much set.

Legal weed is the best, huh?

I have no idea but I do know we are basically back where we were after the 2014 season except 

we don't have a new GM & HC:

- Coming off a bad season (5-11)

- The #6 pick in the draft

- No established QB

- Tons of cap space

- Need to revamp the secondary

And with all those problems we went 10-6 in 2015

Archived