Dalvin Cook - Brett Kollman Scouting Video

win4ever

It's fairly interesting.  I'm not sure we're going with a RB early in the draft, but when the OC was at USC, they had McKnight, and with the Saints they went from Sproles to Ingram, two guys more adept at being receivers.  That would indicate that the Jets might lean towards Cook than Fournette, if they were going that way.  I could be reading too much into the OC's influence on the draft though.  

3 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Morton/Bates means WCO which equals Cook > Fournette for Jets.  I would also draft Freddie Stevenson his FB in the 7th.

I'm so sick of the WCO.  Bring back the 98 offense what was that Perkins/Hanley style, or whatever.  

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I'm so sick of the WCO.  Bring back the 98 offense what was that Perkins/Hanley style, or whatever.  

There's nothing wrong with the WCO or any offense for that matter when you have the right personnel.  WCO with Hack and Fournette bad; WCO with Mahomes and Cook good.

34 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

http://grantland.com/features/how-terminology-erhardt-perkins-system-helped-maintain-dominance-tom-brady-patriots/

That is actually a pretty decent article on the system run by the Pats.  

I think the Erhardt-Perkins system, coupled with a spread offense is probably the hardest to defend, because part of it relies on the receiver to react to the defender.

For example, there was one play against the Jets where (I think it's Edleman) lined up against Miles in the slot.  The Jets were in zone coverage, so when Edleman broke out to the outside, Miles bailed and ran back to cover the deep receiver.  The idea on defense is simple, the outside corner drops back into the out route throwing lane, while the LB drops to the short curl route to the outside receiver.  The Jets did this, but Edleman then ran right up field, and Brady hit him in stride for a huge gain.  I think that's what makes the Patriots so hard to defend, because the receivers have options on every play to take liberty.  I think that's why you see Brady yelling and screaming at times, because they aren't reading the play like he did.  It makes it impossible to stop in zone coverage, which I think, statistically is when Brady is at his best.  We had some success against him in the past because Rex mainly ran a man coverage unit. 

I think the Jets need to adopt a similar philosophy of having a spread offense with concepts, instead of routes.  They have the young receivers to work together with Petty/Hack, and it becomes much harder to defend.  The West Coast offense relies heavily on timing, and precision, which neither of our current QBs (nor the crop of QBs available to be added this season) have in their possession.  

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I think Morton may surprise and bring some elements of a power running game with him. He did spend a couple of years with Harbaugh in San Francisco. 

True. I am not a fan of taking a RB at 6, but if we are going to do it, this is the year for it. Unless Jaguars take Fournette we may have our choice at 6.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived