Parcells Quote

Jetsmanjb

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'd just like to use this thread to point out that there's a surprising and disgusting amount of alleged Jets "fans" that speak derisively about Parcells and it's precisely because of this halfwit "fan" that the Jets continue to suck.

So your blaming the failures of the entire organization solely on the fans that bad mouth a hall of fame coach ?  

I've  stolen a lot of parcells stuff, lol

"running backs all look the same with no where to run"

when I evaluate linebackers what I want to know is, "can they run and can they hit?"

"don't come out of the game, you might not get back in"

"lets not out him in canton yet"

"don't tell me how hard you tried, tell me how many pelts you got"

"you are what your record says you are"

and, of course, "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for the groceries"

my favorite parcells story tho, is when he was talking about his HS football coach.  Bill played DE and one day he was sucking in practice so the coach says to him, "Hey Parcells, we would be better off with a pile of dog sh*t out there because at least somebody might slip in it!"

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

when I evaluate linebackers what I want to know is, "can they run and can they hit?"

and, of course, "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for the groceries"

my favorite parcells story tho, is when he was talking about his HS football coach.  Bill played DE and one day he was sucking in practice so the coach says to him, "Hey Parcells, we would be better off with a pile of dog sh*t out there because at least somebody might slip in it!"

At the end of the day Bellichick might be the best modern era HC but IMO Parcells was the most influential.

Parcells was by no means perfect.He let his ego get in the way, and simply if he had an ounce of common sense, he would still be here as club president going on 2 decades. Perhaps he sniffed out Woody Johnson as an effete fraud.  But he did leave this franchise with a winning culture. And since the day he left that culture has been eroded and dissipated to the point it's now gone. To his credit Mangini tried to get back to that, but he had issues with treating grown men like children, something Parcells did not do. Instead Woody Johnson with each hire since(and make no mistake, he not any GM has hired the HCs) has valued empty tough guy defense first idiocy. 

2 hours ago, Jetsmanjb said:

"Losers assemble in small groups and complain about the coaches and other players. Winners assemble as a team and find ways to win." - Bill Parcells '97-'99

SO who on our team are the losers that you think we need to get rid of in the offseason this year?

Parcells is an idiot.

13 hours ago, Larz said:

not quite at the level with john wooden or red auerbach but parcells certainly got his points across.

14 hours ago, Jetsmanjb said:

"Losers assemble in small groups and complain about the coaches and other players. Winners assemble as a team and find ways to win." - Bill Parcells '97-'99

SO who on our team are the losers that you think we need to get rid of in the offseason this year?

sheldon? marshall?  pryor? forte? GENO?   and then there are the followers.

"Sometimes you have to get hit in the face with a skunk 2 or 3 times before you start to smell it."

"Don't let good enough, be good enough."

"When you're neck deep in the swamp with alligators, you can't worry about draining the water first."

"Now, I don't want to offend anybody. But, we've been working on a few Jap plays."

9 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

The one thing Parcells always brought in and I wish the current regime would follow is an edge rusher.

LT Giants

W McGinnest Pats

J Abraham Jets

D Ware Cowboys

Parcells wasn't HC when the Giants got LT and Groh drafted Abraham.  Parcells shipped our our best pass rusher after year 1 in Hugh Douglas.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:49 PM, T0mShane said:

I'd just like to use this thread to point out that there's a surprising and disgusting amount of alleged Jets "fans" that speak derisively about Parcells and it's precisely because of this halfwit "fan" that the Jets continue to suck.

On the contrary, we suck because our nitwit owner is still searching for the next Parcells and believes much of the outdated horsecrap Parcells would shovel out regularly as "wisdom". Overrated does not even scratch the surface for Parcells.

On 2/9/2017 at 9:57 PM, Jetsmanjb said:

So your blaming the failures of the entire organization solely on the fans that bad mouth a hall of fame coach ?  

Personally, I never blame the fans. I am a captain of the ship man, myself.  If you continually hire the wrong people, you are a crappy executive.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:15 PM, Larz said:

Was that the same coach that called him Bill by mistake?? Because his real name is Duane Charles Parcells  and he hated his name so he went with Bill..:)

On 2/9/2017 at 9:49 PM, T0mShane said:

I blamed you all year.

No offense but that's bullsh*t. Name the # of titles Parcells won after Belichek left. I have no love for Belichek or the friggin Patriots but the man has 5 Super Bowl rings. Parcells has 2. Both came with Belichek on his staff. Parcells won squat after Belichek left. The manner in which he left was a douchebag move no doubt but Parcells got all the glory and Belichek most likely did most of the work. You blame some Jet Fan's for the sad state this franchise is in? Sound's like a Parcells ego trip to me. This team has the most loyal and critical fan base in the league. Too blame some Jet Fan's for Woody's assholery is just plain elitist and silly. Here's an expresson I'm pretty sure the "Great Parcells" didn't come up with: "If all your friend's are jumping off the bridge does that mean you have too"? What I am saying is that if Woody listened to Jet Fan's when making decision's concerning team moves that just makes him an idiot. How is that "some" fan's fault? Sound's like you have an ego as big as Parcells. It's everyone else fault but mine. Bush League my friend, Bush League.

On 2/9/2017 at 9:57 PM, Jetsmanjb said:

What reasonable fan would badmouth a Hall fo Fame coach? Parcells to me is the best HC I've ever seen including Belichick.  Every organization Parcells went to he made better. The Giants, the Cheaters, the Jets & the Cowboys.  With us he found a short term answer at QB and came within a hair of the Super Bowl.

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

On the contrary, we suck because our nitwit owner is still searching for the next Parcells and believes much of the outdated horsecrap Parcells would shovel out regularly as "wisdom". Overrated does not even scratch the surface for Parcells.

23 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I blamed you all year.

10 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No offense but that's bullsh*t. Name the # of titles Parcells won after Belichek left. I have no love for Belichek or the friggin Patriots but the man has 5 Super Bowl rings. Parcells has 2. Both came with Belichek on his staff. Parcells won squat after Belichek left. The manner in which he left was a douchebag move no doubt but Parcells got all the glory and Belichek most likely did most of the work. You blame some Jet Fan's for the sad state this franchise is in? Sound's like a Parcells ego trip to me. This team has the most loyal and critical fan base in the league. Too blame some Jet Fan's for Woody's assholery is just plain elitist and silly. Here's an expresson I'm pretty sure the "Great Parcells" didn't come up with: "If all your friend's are jumping off the bridge does that mean you have too"? What I am saying is that if Woody listened to Jet Fan's when making decision's concerning team moves that just makes him an idiot. How is that "some" fan's fault? Sound's like you have an ego as big as Parcells. It's everyone else fault but mine. Bush League my friend, Bush League.

You're all empty vessels.

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

What reasonable fan would badmouth a Hall fo Fame coach? Parcells to me is the best HC I've ever seen including Belichick.  Every organization Parcells went to he made better. The Giants, the Cheaters, the Jets & the Cowboys.  With us he found a short term answer at QB and came within a hair of the Super Bowl.

Bitter jerkoffs.

:rolleyes:

Do you think Parcells would accept your explanation as an excuse for why the franchise sucks?  Also, are the Patriots a dynasty because their fans (who, for a long time, rooted for a sad-sack team) suddenly figured out how to "be great"?

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:36 AM, nyjunc said:

I will always appreciate what BP did for us, he turned us from laughingstock into contenders, he is one of the best HC's of all time BUT he cost either Peyton or Brady and Belichick.  as much good as he did he could have done great things.

This. 

On 2/11/2017 at 9:31 AM, T0mShane said:

You're all empty vessels.

And you're a condescending dude. You think someone doesn't agree with you their stupid. Perhaps you should look to the example of the recent elections. They thought the same way. They were wrong. Stop making the same mistake they did. Probably not gonna happen though. Guys like you never learn.

19 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

And you're a condescending dude. You think someone doesn't agree with you their stupid. Perhaps you should look to the example of the recent elections. They thought the same way. They were wrong. Stop making the same mistake they did. Probably not gonna happen though. Guys like you never learn.

I'm framing this.

Archived