Parcells Quote

Jetsmanjb

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/11/2017 at 9:24 AM, JetsFanatic said:

What reasonable fan would badmouth a Hall fo Fame coach? Parcells to me is the best HC I've ever seen including Belichick.  Every organization Parcells went to he made better. The Giants, the Cheaters, the Jets & the Cowboys.  With us he found a short term answer at QB and came within a hair of the Super Bowl.

BP turned us around and should always be respected for that, people don't understand how bad we were at that time and what a great job he did as a HC.  we were also very talented and b/c he was such a great coach he turned us around quickly. 

BUT BP as a GM gave us poor drafts on a yearly basis, overpaid and put us in a bad cap situation and cost us a combo of Peyton Manning, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.  he left us w/o finishing the job as well so I appreciate what he did in turning us around he could have made us great and failed to do that while making NE a dynasty.  Maybe this was Kraft and Parcells plan all along?

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'm sorry if I came off as condescending there. Please know that I don't mean to. It just sorta happens because I'm so smart.

Thanks for confirming all of my opinions of you! Your intelligence show's in everything you think, do, and say. It must be hard to bask in the glow of being you. Maybe we can all aspire to be the raving A-hole we all know YOU to be! Peace!

On 2/10/2017 at 2:17 PM, RESNewYork said:

The one thing Parcells always brought in and I wish the current regime would follow is an edge rusher.

LT Giants

W McGinnest Pats

J Abraham Jets

D Ware Cowboys

To preface, I am one of the  bitter jerkoffs that hates that fat ******* carpetbagger that refused to finish a job and wouldn't let Lil Bill take over even though he wanted to retire and Lil Bill was a superior coach.  Now to the facts, you don't truly believe this bullsh*t do you?  The Jets had Hugh Douglas when that gunt having ****er came to town and he promptly ran him off for a bag of balls.  They didn't draft Abraham and Ellis until Groh was coach.   Parcells brought in Dorian Boose and Eric Ogbogu to replace Douglas.  The team ended up having to ride with him overpaying 53 year old Bryan Cox.  His stunning knowledge of edge rushers got us James Farrior instead of our pick of HOF LTs.  Guy averaged a sack a year for the Jets.  The Pats had Tippett when he got there and I don't think George Young or Perkins gave a flaming **** what their fat boy first year DC thought when they drafted LT, especially since when they initially hired him he quit before he started to work construction and returned a year later as the Pats LB coach.  I am 100% sure he had zero input, especially since he left because even as a super bowl winning head coach Young wouldn't listen to him in the draft room.  He was in his third season in Dallas before he got Ware.  They had Ellis when he got there, but hey he brought Eric Ogbogu over!

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:27 AM, johnnysd said:

Parcells is an idiot.

Parcells rescued us from the 1-15 Bowl, I mean Kotite and turned us into SB contenders within 2 years. If he is an "idiot", then I want that "idiot" or facsimile thereof back in charge of my team rather then the Shrimp Boat Captain moron that is currently in charge of destroying the team.

Parcells rescued us from the 1-15 Bowl, I mean Kotite and turned us into SB contenders within 2 years. If he is an "idiot", then I want that "idiot" or facsimile thereof back in charge of my team rather then the Shrimp Boat Captain moron that is currently in charge of destroying the team.

Well Bowles is worse. Parcells was a good coach, but he was successful not because of his wisdom but the ridiculous coaching staff he had under him. He was a good front man, and had lots of get sounding sound bites, but a lot of the statements he us known for are completely irrelevant and obsolete on today's NFL

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I am pretty sure that Bill Parcells and Todd Bowles have the same number of playoff wins without Bill Belichick as their defensive coordinator. 

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Exactly.

Well... technically Lil' Bill wasn't DC in '96.  He was "Assistant Head Coach and DB coach."  Still, Parcells record in Dallas without Belichick was 34-30, 0-2 in the playoffs.  In New England (while Belichick was in Cleveland) he was 21-27, 0-1 in the playoffs.  Oh, and he has never won a division without Belichick on his staff. 

Well... technically Lil' Bill wasn't DC in '96.  He was "Assistant Head Coach and DB coach."  Still, Parcells record in Dallas without Belichick was 34-30, 0-2 in the playoffs.  In New England (while Belichick was in Cleveland) he was 21-27, 0-1 in the playoffs.  Oh, and he has never won a division without Belichick on his staff. 

Lot of Rex in Parcells, he us more quotable but he wasn't the brilliant coach he was perceived to be. Belichick was

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

let's be fair, NE was the worst franchise in the sport before BP took over.  not only were they a disaster on the field but even worse off it(Lisa Olsen incident, moving to SL or Hartford, Victor Kiam, etc...).  w/in 2 years he had them in the playoffs, they took a dip a year later and rose again in '96 when BB was there.  did BB help? sure but that team was going to be good regardless.  

In Dallas the Cowboys were 5-11 three straight years before BP, he comes aboard and they win the division year 1 w/ QUINCY CARTER.  think about that for a second, he won a div title w/ Quincy Carter, BB hasn't done anything w/o Brady and a season of Vinny. BP would leave Dallas in great shape to be a SB team.

Interesting note, records of QBs that played for both BP and BB:

Vinny:

w/ BB: 16-15, 1 PO app, 1-1 in playoffs, win in WC rd

w/ BP: 17-12, 1 PO app, 1-1 in playoffs, 1 div title, win in div rd

Bledsoe:

w/ BB: 5-13, 0 PO apps

w/ BP: 44-37, 2 PO apps, 2-2 record, 1 div title, 1 AFC title, 1 SB app

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lot of Rex in Parcells, he us more quotable but he wasn't the brilliant coach he was perceived to be. Belichick was

BP was one of the all time great HCs, 

won SBs w/ Simms and Hostetler

made playoffs w/ Simms, Hostetler, Vinny, Bledsoe, Quincy Carter, tony Romo

BB won SBs w/ the greatest QB of all time

BB made playoffs w/ the greatest QB of all time and Vinny.

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am pretty sure that Bill Parcells and Todd Bowles have the same number of playoff wins without Bill Belichick as their defensive coordinator. 

tell me how many playoff wins BB has w/o Tom Brady?  I'll answer it:  ONE, Parcells has 11.

BP was one of the all time great HCs, 

won SBs w/ Simms and Hostetler
made playoffs w/ Simms, Hostetler, Vinny, Bledsoe, Quincy Carter, tony Romo

BB won SBs w/ the greatest QB of all time
BB made playoffs w/ the greatest QB of all time and Vinny.

I just don't fundamentally agree

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

In Dallas the Cowboys were 5-11 three straight years before BP, he comes aboard and they win the division year 1 w/ QUINCY CARTER.  think about that for a second, he won a div title w/ Quincy Carter, BB hasn't done anything w/o Brady and a season of Vinny. BP would leave Dallas in great shape to be a SB team.

What ******* division title?  They finished 2 games back of the Eagles.  "Great shape to be a SB team"?  What the **** is that?  If it was so ******* easy why doesn't he every do it?  He takes over sh*tty teams, makes them respectable and runs out.  My ******* hero.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

tell me how many playoff wins BB has w/o Tom Brady?  I'll answer it:  ONE, Parcells has 11.

Um... Belichick was there for EVERY single playoff win that you are crediting Parcells with, Belichick held the Bills in check, not Parcells.

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I don't recall BP taking over a team and then producing a worse record his 1st season, unlike Rex.. There is no comparison between BP & Rex in regards to being a HC...

2-14: 5-11

1-15 to 9-7

5-11: 10-6

Rex:

9-7: 9-7 (with wins(yes, they did at least win) weeks 16 & 17 vs Indy once Manning went out at halftime & Cincy with nothing to play for)..

9-7; 8-8

19 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I just don't fundamentally agree

we are allowed to disagree

19 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What ******* division title?  They finished 2 games back of the Eagles.  "Great shape to be a SB team"?  What the **** is that?  If it was so ******* easy why doesn't he every do it?  He takes over sh*tty teams, makes them respectable and runs out.  My ******* hero.

Um... Belichick was there for EVERY single playoff win that you are crediting Parcells with, Belichick held the Bills in check, not Parcells.

my mistake, they won 10 games though after 3 consecutive years of 5-11, their last winning record was 1998 and he did it w/ QUINCY CARTER.

the 2007 Cowboys were loaded and YOUNG, Dallas screwed it up.  they should have been a SB team.

that's what he does, he turns around bad franchises.  that's why he is great but he gets bored w/o that challenge.

Belichikc held the Bills in check, WHAT???? you buy that revisionist history?  Buffalo scored 17 pts in 19 minutes of possession.  NYG won that game b/c A. their offense held the ball for 40 minutes and B. Hostetler didn't lose the ball on the sack for the safety and C. b/c Ingram broke 19 tackles for that hige 1st down.

BB's Ds have always disappointed in big games when he doesn't have LT(noticing a theme, great DC when he has greatest defensive player of all time, great HC when he has greatest QB of all time).

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I don't recall BP taking over a team and then producing a worse record his 1st season, unlike Rex.. There is no comparison between BP & Rex in regards to being a HC...

2-14: 5-11

1-15 to 9-7

5-11: 10-6

Rex:

9-7: 9-7 (with wins(yes, they did at least win) weeks 16 & 17 vs Indy once Manning went out at halftime & Cincy with nothing to play for)..

9-7; 8-8

Rex got us to 2 title games, rex is the 2nd most accomplished coach in NYJ history.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

my mistake, they won 10 games though after 3 consecutive years of 5-11, their last winning record was 1998 and he did it w/ QUINCY CARTER.

the 2007 Cowboys were loaded and YOUNG, Dallas screwed it up.  they should have been a SB team.

that's what he does, he turns around bad franchises.  that's why he is great but he gets bored w/o that challenge.

Belichikc held the Bills in check, WHAT???? you buy that revisionist history?  Buffalo scored 17 pts in 19 minutes of possession.  NYG won that game b/c A. their offense held the ball for 40 minutes and B. Hostetler didn't lose the ball on the sack for the safety and C. b/c Ingram broke 19 tackles for that hige 1st down.

BB's Ds have always disappointed in big games when he doesn't have LT(noticing a theme, great DC when he has greatest defensive player of all time, great HC when he has greatest HC of all time).

your mistake Todd Bowles won 10 games 4 years removed from the Jets last winning record and he did it w/ RYAN FITZPATRICK

BB's defenses always disappoint?  Like in 2001, when they gave up 17 and scored 7 against the Greatest Show on Turf to bail out your boy game manager (at that time) Brady and his 145 yards passing?  I could talk about what he did to Peyton Manning, but I'm tired of hearing your speil about that. 

let's look at some BB D's highlights w/o LT, shall we?

in Cleveland(1991-1995): average ranking of 15(remember there were 28 teams his first 4 seasons and 30 his last season)

allowed 20 PPGs in 2 playoff games in Cleveland

w/ NYJ(1997-1999): 

average ranking: 17

in playoffs allowed 24 PPG, blew double digit 2nd half lead in AFC Championship Game

in NE(2000-present):

average ranking: 16.2

SB XXXVI, NE D becomes FIRST D to blow double digit 4th qtr lead(14 pts) in a SB

SB XXXVIII, NE D becomes SECOND D to blow double digit 4th qtr lead(11 pts) in a SB.  D allowed 19 4th qtr pts

allows 27 pts to Jake plummer and the Broncos in playoff loss

2006 AFC Championship, Brady w/ reche Caldwell and Jabar gaffney as his main weapons(and no run game) score 27 pts and can't win.  BB's D blows 21-3 lead.

SB XLII: given late 4 pt lead w/ 2:39 to play, allows mediocre Giants O to go 83 yds for GW TD

2009 allows 33 in loss to non high powered Ravens O at home

2010 allows Mark sanchez and the Jets to score 28 at home in div rd

SB XLVI AGAIN given late lead in SB, NYG took over at own 12 and went 88 yds for the TD and the win.

2012 allow 28 at home in title game to ravens

2014 allow 24 pts to Seattle and nearly blew another SB

2015 allowed 20 pts to awful den O

he is vastly overrated as a defensive coach.

average ranking as DC w/ LT(1985-1990): 4.8

average ranking in all other years as HC/DC: 16.2

and as a HC:

average wins per season w/ Brady(2001-2007, 2009-2016): 7.3

average wins per season w/ other QBs; 12.3

oh and he has one playoff app and one playoff win in 7+ seasons w/o Brady.

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

your mistake Todd Bowles won 10 games 4 years removed from the Jets last winning record and he did it w/ RYAN FITZPATRICK

BB's defenses always disappoint?  Like in 2001, when they gave up 17 and scored 7 against the Greatest Show on Turf to bail out your boy game manager (at that time) Brady and his 145 yards passing?  I could talk about what he did to Peyton Manning, but I'm tired of hearing your speil about that. 

how many playoff games did we play in?

yes 2001 when his D became the FIRST D EVER to blow a double digit 4th qtr lead in a SB(blew a 14 pt lead) before my boy game manager rescued the team and led one of the greatest drives in SB history for the win.

what he did to Peyton manning?  WE SHUT Peyton OUT, did BB ever do that? Peyton was a postseason choker, it wasn't that hard to hold him down.

You take the job and you finish the job or you failed.  He bailed out on NE, us, Tampa Bay, and Miami.  At least now he appears to actually be retired.  There are reports that he was negotiating his deal with the Jets while he was on the way to the super bowl with Bledsoe.  There wasn't enough challenge for Parcells to try to win a super bowl?  Seems more like he wanted more money and didn't like the pressure of trying to win with a good team.

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You take the job and you finish the job or you failed.  He bailed out on NE, us, Tampa Bay, and Miami.  At least now he appears to actually be retired.  There are reports that he was negotiating his deal with the Jets while he was on the way to the super bowl with Bledsoe.  There wasn't enough challenge for Parcells to try to win a super bowl?  Seems more like he wanted more money and didn't like the pressure of trying to win with a good team.

he bailed on Atlanta and Dallas too.  that doesn't change the fact that he is an all time great coach, I think he's a better HC than BB.

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

HOF sure, but I hate him with the fire of 1,000 suns. I think BB is a better HC and a much better coach/gameplanner. 

you are entitled to your opinion and I can understand if some folks don't like him.  he cost us a combo of BB and Peyton or BB and Brady.  it's frustrating BUT he also took our franchise out of the dark ages.

Gott damn. That pear body was a quitter. He gave me nothing.  Holy Hell, should've done some back reading.

I think Parcells is still pinned up against the side of my garage with a dump truck. 

EDIT & P.S.:  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but something about Belicheat's world class defection reeks of collusion. I'm just not convinced that Fat Bill didn't know it was gonna happen. Too many hands in too many hats. 

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

BB's Ds have always disappointed in big games when he doesn't have LT(noticing a theme, great DC when he has greatest defensive player of all time, great HC when he has greatest HC of all time).

Holy eff, that's right!  BB coached both the greatest offensive player and the greatest defensive player in NFL history!

12 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Parcells was only a good coach in the pre-salary cap era of football. When he couldn't stack his team with all his players he basically quit at each stop he was at following the Giants. One of the biggest blowhards and overrated figures in sports history.

He led the Pats to a SB in the cap era, led us to a title game and led Dallas back to the playoffs all in the cap era.  

I agree he was better just coaching when he had George Young picking the players, BP was not a great GM type but as a coach there aren't many who have been better.

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Holy eff, that's right!  BB coached both the greatest offensive player and the greatest defensive player in NFL history!

People do forget that, we just want to call him the genius.  the genius has a losing record as a HC w/o Brady as a HC and the difference in D's w/ and w/o LT is huge as well.  w/ all this said BB is one of the greatest football minds of all time and is a great HC but I have no doubt he'd be a DC somewhere today if not for Brady.

On 2/14/2017 at 11:06 AM, #27TheDominator said:

To preface, I am one of the  bitter jerkoffs that hates that fat ******* carpetbagger that refused to finish a job and wouldn't let Lil Bill take over even though he wanted to retire and Lil Bill was a superior coach.  Now to the facts, you don't truly believe this bullsh*t do you?  The Jets had Hugh Douglas when that gunt having ****er came to town and he promptly ran him off for a bag of balls.  They didn't draft Abraham and Ellis until Groh was coach.   Parcells brought in Dorian Boose and Eric Ogbogu to replace Douglas.  The team ended up having to ride with him overpaying 53 year old Bryan Cox.  His stunning knowledge of edge rushers got us James Farrior instead of our pick of HOF LTs.  Guy averaged a sack a year for the Jets.  The Pats had Tippett when he got there and I don't think George Young or Perkins gave a flaming **** what their fat boy first year DC thought when they drafted LT, especially since when they initially hired him he quit before he started to work construction and returned a year later as the Pats LB coach.  I am 100% sure he had zero input, especially since he left because even as a super bowl winning head coach Young wouldn't listen to him in the draft room.  He was in his third season in Dallas before he got Ware.  They had Ellis when he got there, but hey he brought Eric Ogbogu over!

i guess my mistake. i thought parcells brought in these edge guys. this draft is supposed to be full of edge rushers so hoping we grab two. 

even more so, I don't even think we need edge rushers to put up huge sack numbers. we just need them to make qbs step up in the pocket so our interior guys who are talented can get there

Archived