Parcells Quote

Jetsmanjb

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Check out Herm's wiki entry.  Either someone effed with it or he's a more interesting figure than I previously thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herm_Edwards

Herm Wiki.JPG

Those are all words in the English language which would not usually be put in that order. Or somebody seriously effed with Edwards' wiki page.Who the hell is Jason Kushner? 

Find Edwards mildly amusing when I make the mistake of putting on ESPN.Guy has to eat. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/10/2017 at 0:36 PM, nyjunc said:

I will always appreciate what BP did for us, he turned us from laughingstock into contenders, he is one of the best HC's of all time BUT he cost either Peyton or Brady and Belichick.  as much good as he did he could have done great things.

Totally agree. No person is only good or only bad, even a coach. I think he was weak as a personnel guy, although he did give us four first round picks one season, we didn't hit the kind of home run that draft should have produced. Great coach for sure.

20 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Parcells is a scumbag. Plain and Simple. So is Belichek. If I had to chose the better coach I take Belichek everyday and twice on Sunday. You can rail all you want on records  but it simply comes down to this: How many titles did Parcells win without Belichek? How many did Belichek win without him? No contest. Belichek by a lot. All other arguments are just talk.

Mehh... rather than comparing them as coaches I'm more interested in finding out if Parcells actually liked working with Belichek.  Skip to 3:24 in this vid.  Hilarious.

22 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Parcells is a scumbag. Plain and Simple. So is Belichek. If I had to chose the better coach I take Belichek everyday and twice on Sunday. You can rail all you want on records  but it simply comes down to this: How many titles did Parcells win without Belichek? How many did Belichek win without him? No contest. Belichek by a lot. All other arguments are just talk.

This is the worst argument ever.  How do you know what BP would have done without mumbles on his staff?  2 with and 0 without proves nothing

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This is the worst argument ever.  How do you know what BP would have done without mumbles on his staff?  2 with and 0 without proves nothing

LOL. Are you kidding me? Parcells won nothing after he split with Belichek. I don't know whats worse me defending Belichek or you saying Championships mean nothing. Take Parcells dick out of your mouth your embarrassing yourself.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Are you kidding me? Parcells won nothing after he split with Belichek. I don't know whats worse me defending Belichek or you saying Championships mean nothing. Take Parcells dick out of your mouth your embarrassing yourself.

No, I'm not kidding.  Means squat, there's no proof of what BB contributed, that he was anywhere near as important as you're trying prove.

Where did I say championships mean nothing you illiterate piece of Shlt.  Now go fu(k yourself.  Last thing we need is another jetkoff, banned, clueless, kunt acting all smart and smug.  

How old are you, 17?

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, I'm not kidding.  Means squat, there's no proof of what BB contributed, that he was anywhere near as important as you're trying prove.

Where did I say championships mean nothing you illiterate piece of Shlt.  Now go fu(k yourself.  Last thing we need is another jetkoff, banned, clueless, kunt acting all smart and smug.  

How old are you, 17?

There is proof. 5 super bowl rings worth. Your saying that Belichek had nothing to do with winning Championships with the Giants and that his winning 5 rings after he split with Parcells means nothing. To use your logic there is no proof of what Parcells contributed either. He had guys on that staff that went on to HC jobs and more. Parcells own ego did him in and he won nothing NOTHING after the split with Belichek. If you can't see that then your blinded by your regard for Parcells. As far as everything else well........right back at ya sunshine :P.

16 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

There is proof. 5 super bowl rings worth. Your saying that Belichek had nothing to do with winning Championships with the Giants and that his winning 5 rings after he split with Parcells means nothing. To use your logic there is no proof of what Parcells contributed either. He had guys on that staff that went on to HC jobs and more. Parcells own ego did him in and he won nothing NOTHING after the split with Belichek. If you can't see that then your blinded by your regard for Parcells. As far as everything else well........right back at ya sunshine :P.

BB was a total failure of a HC w/o Tom Brady.  Let us not forget that.  BP won w/ Simms and Hostetler, BB could only win w/ the greatest of all time.

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Parcells turned around the Pats(the biggest laughing stock in the league at the time) and the Cowboys w/o BB and BB's overrated D blew a double digit lead in the 1998 AFC Championship Game or maybe BP would have a 3rd SB ring?

by the way:

Vinny w/ BB:

16-15, 1-1 in playoffs, WC win

Vinny w/ BP:

12-2, 1-1 in playoffs, div rd win, div title

Bledsoe w/ BB:

5-13, no PO apps

Bledsoe w/ BP:

32-27, 2 PO apps, 1 div title, 1 AFC title

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

BB was a total failure of a HC w/o Tom Brady.  Let us not forget that.  BP won w/ Simms and Hostetler, BB could only win w/ the greatest of all time.

Lets not forget he won with a late round draft pick AND drafted that guy you call the greatest of all time. Parcells did win with Sims and Hostetler but that second win was a whole team effort and the defense was largely responsible for that second win and if Norwood wasn't wide right Parcells only has one ring.

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Lets not forget he won with a late round draft pick AND drafted that guy you call the greatest of all time. Parcells did win with Sims and Hostetler but that second win was a whole team effort and the defense was largely responsible for that second win and if Norwood wasn't wide right Parcells only has one ring.

doesn't matter where he was drafted, remember BB gave Bledsoe a $100 mil extension after the 2000 season.  he drafted Brady to be a backup and still thought of him as one after 2000.  BB's HC career changed the day Bledseo got hurt and Brady stepped on the field.  

The defense in SB XXV allowed 17 points to Buffalo in 19 minutes of TOP.  NYG won b/c of their offense holding the ball for 40 minutes keeping that high powered O of Buffalo off the field. 

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Parcells turned around the Pats(the biggest laughing stock in the league at the time) and the Cowboys w/o BB and BB's overrated D blew a double digit lead in the 1998 AFC Championship Game or maybe BP would have a 3rd SB ring?

by the way:

Vinny w/ BB:

Vinny w/ BP:

Bledsoe w/ BB:

5-13, no PO apps

Bledsoe w/ BP:

OH SH*******TTTTTT

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

by the way:

Vinny w/ BB:

Vinny w/ BP:

Bledsoe w/ BB:

5-13, no PO apps

Bledsoe w/ BP:

A ten point lead on the road against Denver. They still only gave up 24 points in that game. Are you saying that Parcells had nothing to do with that? You can't have it both ways. Saying Parcells had nothing to do with the defensive game plan in that game is foolish considering he was a coach prided for his defense. Not to mention the regular season game when Vinny was given a TD against I wanna say Jacksonville( I'm not sure the team it was against)that was suspect and would have cost them the second seed. You can't say for sure either way. I have no love for Belichek but to say Parcells is the better coach even though Belichek went on to win 5 rings and put a winning team on the field time and time again is just plain not true. You hold Parcells in high regard. I don't hold either one in such esteem but even though Belichek is a prick you cannot say Parcells was better when you compare pedigree. You Can't. It doesn't hold water.

Bledsoe with Belichek? Your citing that? So what happened when Brady came in? He was an injury replacement for Bledsoe. Did they magically get better or was that more of an indictment of Bledsoe rather than Belichek?

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

doesn't matter where he was drafted, remember BB gave Bledsoe a $100 mil extension after the 2000 season.  he drafted Brady to be a backup and still thought of him as one after 2000.  BB's HC career changed the day Bledseo got hurt and Brady stepped on the field.  

The defense in SB XXV allowed 17 points to Buffalo in 19 minutes of TOP.  NYG won b/c of their offense holding the ball for 40 minutes keeping that high powered O of Buffalo off the field. 

He still DRAFTED HIM. You call him GOAT but aren't giving the guy who drafted him any credit. Okay I'll give ya the point on the defense but now you're going to say Parcells was responsible for the offense when he was a defensive minded coach? Come on. Belichek is hands down the better coach. The rings and record prove it. There's no way you can prove otherwise to me so lets just say we agree to disagree on this one.

32 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

by the way:

Vinny w/ BB:

Vinny w/ BP:

Bledsoe w/ BB:

5-13, no PO apps

Bledsoe w/ BP:

You posted this sh*t before, that doesn't make it right.  Bill Parcells has never won a playoff game without Belichick on his staff. Not a single one.  In seven years without Sundance, Tuna made the playoffs 3 times and was knocked out immediately each time.  Can you remember Belichick winning any playoff games without Super Chunk? sh*t he had a better playoff record in Cleveland than Parcells has had without him. 

I see you have impressed T0m, so now you have that on your conscience too. Your bullsh*t stats aren't even correct.  You are skipping Bledsoe and Testicle's time in Dallas.  

Vinny with BB: 16-15. 1-1 in playoffs WC win

With Parcells and no BB on staff?  5-10 - do you think they made the playoffs?

Bledsoe with BB: 5-13 no playoffs - of course they did with the super bowl one of those years...

With Parcells and no BB on staff: 33-32, 0-2 in the playoffs

12 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

A ten point lead on the road against Denver. They still only gave up 24 points in that game. Are you saying that Parcells had nothing to do with that? You can't have it both ways. Saying Parcells had nothing to do with the defensive game plan in that game is foolish considering he was a coach prided for his defense. Not to mention the regular season game when Vinny was given a TD against I wanna say Jacksonville( I'm not sure the team it was against)that was suspect and would have cost them the second seed. You can't say for sure either way. I have no love for Belichek but to say Parcells is the better coach even though Belichek went on to win 5 rings and put a winning team on the field time and time again is just plain not true. You hold Parcells in high regard. I don't hold either one in such esteem but even though Belichek is a prick you cannot say Parcells was better when you compare pedigree. You Can't. It doesn't hold water.

Bledsoe with Belichek? Your citing that? So what happened when Brady came in? He was an injury replacement for Bledsoe. Did they magically get better or was that more of an indictment of Bledsoe rather than Belichek?

It was the defenses fault.  Not the, what was it?  4 fumbles and 2 INTs?  sh*t, I think the Broncos managed two field goals without even getting a first down. 

a double digit lead is a double digit lead.  of course BP deserves some blame but look at BB's Ds w/o LT.  his Ds haven't been great w/o LT and as a HC hos teams haven't been great w/o Brady/  he had the best O and D players of all time.  that's good fortune.

the Vinny TD was vs. Seattle and Seattle's mediocre O torched us all game long.

I think Parcells was a better HC, both are all time greats but give me the guy that can win win SBs w/ Simms and Hostetler and get to a SB w/ Bledsoe over a guy who couldn't even get to a title game w/o the greatest QB of all time.

NE did magically get better the moment Brady came in.  you an blame Bledsoe but he made a SB w/ BP and BB gave him a $100 mil deal following a 5-11 2000.

He still DRAFTED HIM. You call him GOAT but aren't giving the guy who drafted him any credit. Okay I'll give ya the point on the defense but now you're going to say Parcells was responsible for the offense when he was a defensive minded coach? Come on. Belichek is hands down the better coach. The rings and record prove it. There's no way you can prove otherwise to me so lets just say we agree to disagree on this one.

he did draft him in hopes he would eventually be a decent backup QB.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You posted this sh*t before, that doesn't make it right.  Bill Parcells has never won a playoff game without Belichick on his staff. Not a single one.  In seven years without Sundance, Tuna made the playoffs 3 times and was knocked out immediately each time.  Can you remember Belichick winning any playoff games without Super Chunk? sh*t he had a better playoff record in Cleveland than Parcells has had without him. 

I see you have impressed T0m, so now you have that on your conscience too. Your bullsh*t stats aren't even correct.  You are skipping Bledsoe and Testicle's time in Dallas.  

Vinny with BB: 16-15. 1-1 in playoffs WC win

With Parcells and no BB on staff?  5-10 - do you think they made the playoffs?

Bledsoe with BB: 5-13 no playoffs - of course they did with the super bowl one of those years...

With Parcells and no BB on staff: 33-32, 0-2 in the playoffs

Parcells took over the dregs of the NFL.  

w/ the Giants they made 1 playoff app the previous 20 years and he had them as SB champs w/in 4 seasons.

w/ NE not only were they the worst on the field they were a disgrace off the field and he had them in the playoffs year 2.

w/ the Jets we were the worst franchise in the sport having won a total of 10 games the previous 3 seasons and never having won an AFC East title. we won an AFC east title year 2 and were a game from the SB.

w/ Dallas they were 5-11 3 straight years, year 1 he has them in the playoffs w/ Quincy Carter.

BP made the playoffs w/ Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetlet, Drew Bledsoe, Vinny Testaverde, Quincy Carter and Tony Romo.

BB made the playoffs w/ Vinny Testaverde and Tom Brady.

w/ Vinny BP won the division and made the title game, w/ Vinny BB was a WC team and got humiliated in the div rd.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

It was the defenses fault.  Not the, what was it?  4 fumbles and 2 INTs?  sh*t, I think the Broncos managed two field goals without even getting a first down. 

that game changed moments after we took the 10-0 lead when Elway hot McCaffery on a bomb to set up their first TD and immediately cut the lead to 10-7 and let's not forget it was an incredibly windy day which favored the defenses yet they allowed 24 pts in the final 25 mins.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

a double digit lead is a double digit lead.  of course BP deserves some blame but look at BB's Ds w/o LT.  his Ds haven't been great w/o LT and as a HC hos teams haven't been great w/o Brady/  he had the best O and D players of all time.  that's good fortune.

the Vinny TD was vs. Seattle and Seattle's mediocre O torched us all game long.

I think Parcells was a better HC, both are all time greats but give me the guy that can win win SBs w/ Simms and Hostetler and get to a SB w/ Bledsoe over a guy who couldn't even get to a title game w/o the greatest QB of all time.

NE did magically get better the moment Brady came in.  you an blame Bledsoe but he made a SB w/ BP and BB gave him a $100 mil deal following a 5-11 2000.

he did draft him in hopes he would eventually be a decent backup QB.

Parcells took over the dregs of the NFL.  

w/ the Giants they made 1 playoff app the previous 20 years and he had them as SB champs w/in 4 seasons.

w/ NE not only were they the worst on the field they were a disgrace off the field and he had them in the playoffs year 2.

w/ the Jets we were the worst franchise in the sport having won a total of 10 games the previous 3 seasons and never having won an AFC East title. we won an AFC east title year 2 and were a game from the SB.

w/ Dallas they were 5-11 3 straight years, year 1 he has them in the playoffs w/ Quincy Carter.

BP made the playoffs w/ Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetlet, Drew Bledsoe, Vinny Testaverde, Quincy Carter and Tony Romo.

BB made the playoffs w/ Vinny Testaverde and Tom Brady.

w/ Vinny BP won the division and made the title game, w/ Vinny BB was a WC team and got humiliated in the div rd.

Your citing Belicheks defenses without LT? Quite possibly the impact player of his era? Come on. Taylor in his prime redefined linebacker play. How is that a valid argument? Of course his defenses wouldn't be the same without the quintessential LB of his generation.

Parcells never finished the job every place he went after the Giants and Jets. NEVER. He got them to the playoffs but never won another ring. NEVER WON ANOTHER RING. Like I stated before if Norwood is down the middle instead of wide right Parcells has 1 ring and you couldn't even mention him in the same sentence as Belichek. Do you call that "good fortune"? Because that seems like the definition of it to me. Same old argument and little substance my opinion as fact friend. You are one hard-headed dude. I feel sorry for you because you will never see what is right in front of you. Belichek owned Parcells. He made him look stupid when he bolted the Jets and Parcells pales in comparison as a HC. You can't deny the records and titles so you grasp at straws. Parcells can't carry Belicheks jock and is an overrated ego-manic who can't finish the job he started and bolts when it goes bad. Once again my opinionated friend we agree to disagree.

I will repost this from last week:

let's look at some BB D's highlights w/o LT, shall we?

in Cleveland(1991-1995): average ranking of 15(remember there were 28 teams his first 4 seasons and 30 his last season)

allowed 20 PPGs in 2 playoff games in Cleveland

w/ NYJ(1997-1999): 

average ranking: 17

in playoffs allowed 24 PPG, blew double digit 2nd half lead in AFC Championship Game

in NE(2000-present):

average ranking: 16.2

SB XXXVI, NE D becomes FIRST D to blow double digit 4th qtr lead(14 pts) in a SB

SB XXXVIII, NE D becomes SECOND D to blow double digit 4th qtr lead(11 pts) in a SB.  D allowed 19 4th qtr pts

allows 27 pts to Jake plummer and the Broncos in playoff loss

2006 AFC Championship, Brady w/ reche Caldwell and Jabar gaffney as his main weapons(and no run game) score 27 pts and can't win.  BB's D blows 21-3 lead.

SB XLII: given late 4 pt lead w/ 2:39 to play, allows mediocre Giants O to go 83 yds for GW TD

2009 allows 33 in loss to non high powered Ravens O at home

2010 allows Mark sanchez and the Jets to score 28 at home in div rd

SB XLVI AGAIN given late lead in SB, NYG took over at own 12 and went 88 yds for the TD and the win.

2012 allow 28 at home in title game to ravens

2014 allow 24 pts to Seattle and nearly blew another SB

2015 allowed 20 pts to awful den O

he is vastly overrated as a defensive coach.

average ranking as DC w/ LT(1985-1990): 4.8

average ranking in all other years as HC/DC: 16.2

and as a HC:

average wins per season w/ Brady(2001-2007, 2009-2016): 7.3

average wins per season w/ other QBs; 12.3

oh and he has one playoff app and one playoff win in 7+ seasons w/o Brady.

he has had the benefit of the greatest defensive player in history and the greatest QB in history.  is he a great coach? yeah but he's not the greatest and I believe BP was a better HC as he won average QBs and he got to a third SB w/ another average QB.  

The only thing you are doing is explaining why he is a great coach.  Dominant defensive player, dominant defense.  Dominant offensive player, dominant offense.  When the rules changed to make it harder to stop teams, he changed with the times.  Even with a team stacked on O, the Pats have been out of the top ten in points against 4 times.  

Parcells had average QBs because he minimized the importance of the most important position on the field and those "mediocre QBs" include the #1 overall, a guy most Giants fans would take over Eli and the what may be the greatest season in NYJ history.  His failure to emphasize the QB position is why he has not had sustained success and runs out on everybody.

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The only thing you are doing is explaining why he is a great coach.  Dominant defensive player, dominant defense.  Dominant offensive player, dominant offense.  When the rules changed to make it harder to stop teams, he changed with the times.  Even with a team stacked on O, the Pats have been out of the top ten in points against 4 times.  

Parcells had average QBs because he minimized the importance of the most important position on the field and those "mediocre QBs" include the #1 overall, a guy most Giants fans would take over Eli and the what may be the greatest season in NYJ history.  His failure to emphasize the QB position is why he has not had sustained success and runs out on everybody.

Parcells adapted when he had better passing QBs, in 1998 we had an unstoppable pass O.  he drafted Bledsoe thinking he could become that but Bledsoe stunk yet he made a SB w/ him while BB was 5-13 w/ him.  

BP had sustained success everywhere he went. again, he took over the worst franchises in the sport but won 2 SBs w/ NYG, made multiple POs w/ NE and a SB, had no losing seasons in 3 years w/ the Jets who only had 1 winning season the previous 10 seasons, set Dallas up for a great run and made multiple postseasons.  he had success everywhere, he never had a run of 4 losing seasons in 5 seasons like BB w/ Cle, in 7 seasons w/o Brady BB has ONE playoff app and Parcells made a postseason w/ QUINCY CARTER.

Strongly disagree.  

It is much easier for a respected coach to take a team from sh*t to the playoffs, than for a great team to win the super bowl. 

I honestly don't even think that Parcells is that great a coach.  I don't think that he had sh*t to do with the offense that Perkins ran.  What Parcells has is an ability to commander and delegates.  IMO, Belichick is much more of an x's and o's coach.  Parcells is great at setting a tone and making sure that teams follow the path that he determines.  He seems like he would make a great GM, if only for the fact that he handed a bunch of sh*tty old guys big contracts and kind of sucked at the draft.  

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Strongly disagree.  

It is much easier for a respected coach to take a team from sh*t to the playoffs, than for a great team to win the super bowl. 

I honestly don't even think that Parcells is that great a coach.  I don't think that he had sh*t to do with the offense that Perkins ran.  What Parcells has is an ability to commander and delegates.  IMO, Belichick is much more of an x's and o's coach.  Parcells is great at setting a tone and making sure that teams follow the path that he determines.  He seems like he would make a great GM, if only for the fact that he handed a bunch of sh*tty old guys big contracts and kind of sucked at the draft.  

ok so why couldn't BB do it in Cleveland and in NE w/o Brady?

Perkins was gone when BB became the HC w/ the Giants.

BP was not a good GM type but if BB didn't have Brady his moves wouldn't look too good either.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

BTW, that "unstoppable pass O"?  Team was 14th in pass attempts and 5th in rush attempts.  He adapted by continuing to feed the compiler.  Bledsoe didn't suck.  He made the pro bowl 3 out of his first 5 years.  Maybe he just wasn't developed.  

14th in pass attempts, 4th in yards.  that's a pretty good ratio and we led many games and ran out the clock PLUS we Vinny only started 13 games.

we were 5th in rush attempts and 13th in rush yds, not a good ratio.  we were a passing team that year, a dynamic passing team.

Bledsoe wasn't very good, one of the years he made the Pro Bowl he threw 27 INTs, pro bowls can be overrated.  Curtis carried that O to the SB in 1996 in spit of Bledsoe.

BP only had bledsoe 4 years and made the SB w/ him.  BB had him as a vet and was 5-13 w/ him.

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

ok so why couldn't BB do it in Cleveland and in NE w/o Brady?

Perkins was gone when BB became the HC w/ the Giants.

BP was not a good GM type but if BB didn't have Brady his moves wouldn't look too good either.

He did not have Brady in NE for exactly 2 years.  Year one he took over the team.  Bledsoe started the 2nd year, got hurt and they won the super bowl with the game manager.  The only other year Brady was out he went 11-5 with Matt ******* Cassel.  You like to play this bullsh*t game cause he didn't make the playoffs at 11-5? Did you know the Tuna has never gotten 11 wins without Li'l Bill on his staff?  Did you know that in 487 years coaching, that fat **** has only had 5 years with 11 or more wins.  Even with all his hall of fame talent, including LT, Curtis Martin, etc., that would have been tied for his 5th best season ever.

As for what happened in Cleveland it is a matter for debate.  There are those that say the team was already folding when they learned of the move and those that say that the team knew it was coming  before the announcement. Either way, they cut his balls off by mid-season.  I ******* hate them both with the fire of 1,000 suns, but IMO the little one is way better than the fat one.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Parcells adapted when he had better passing QBs, in 1998 we had an unstoppable pass O.  he drafted Bledsoe thinking he could become that but Bledsoe stunk yet he made a SB w/ him while BB was 5-13 w/ him.  

BP had sustained success everywhere he went. again, he took over the worst franchises in the sport but won 2 SBs w/ NYG, made multiple POs w/ NE and a SB, had no losing seasons in 3 years w/ the Jets who only had 1 winning season the previous 10 seasons, set Dallas up for a great run and made multiple postseasons.  he had success everywhere, he never had a run of 4 losing seasons in 5 seasons like BB w/ Cle, in 7 seasons w/o Brady BB has ONE playoff app and Parcells made a postseason w/ QUINCY CARTER.

but only won 2 rings. And one was a gift from a last second chip shot field goal. Parcells was a good coach who was elevated to his status by the staff around him. His ego was his ultimate demise and if he coached in any other city coming up he would be considered just above average. He's Marty Shottenheimer with 2 rings. Not too shabby but still not in the class of the all-time greats. Deal with it.

7 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

There's no proof the HC, a HOF HC , had anything to do with the SB.  Lol, ass backwards logic along with BB won later and somehow that's relevant to be a coordinator to a HC.

Best part is no one is disparaging Belichick.  The argument that Belichick is a good HC means Parcells wasn't is brain dead stupid.  Was Lombardi a sh*tty HC?   Landry and other HOF hCs on his staff too. 

At the end of the day Bellichick might be the best modern era HC but IMO Parcells was the most influential.

One thing Parcells has over Belichick is he was able to turn around 4 franchises as a HC. BB obviously is the greatest overall, but he did it all with a HOF QB and with one franchise. Whether a positive or negative for either of them, those are the facts.

I.know some Jets fans are not fans of Parcells but I'll personally always be grateful for turning around my Jets.....and minus a couple fluke plays in the 98 AFCCG he would of probably won us a SB.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Also, did you notice that the Jets and Cowboys did worse in his last year than in his first?  That fat ******* carpetbagger runs away every time. 

There is some truth here.   Im a fan, dont get me wrong but he has NO patience for a young QB.  He held Romo out as long as he could.  When Vinny went down....  he hit the road basically.  Bledsoe appears to be the exception rather than the rule.  His GM skills are or seem to be below average.

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He did not have Brady in NE for exactly 2 years.  Year one he took over the team.  Bledsoe started the 2nd year, got hurt and they won the super bowl with the game manager.  The only other year Brady was out he went 11-5 with Matt ******* Cassel.  You like to play this bullsh*t game cause he didn't make the playoffs at 11-5? Did you know the Tuna has never gotten 11 wins without Li'l Bill on his staff?  Did you know that in 487 years coaching, that fat **** has only had 5 years with 11 or more wins.  Even with all his hall of fame talent, including LT, Curtis Martin, etc., that would have been tied for his 5th best season ever.

As for what happened in Cleveland it is a matter for debate.  There are those that say the team was already folding when they learned of the move and those that say that the team knew it was coming  before the announcement. Either way, they cut his balls off by mid-season.  I ******* hate them both with the fire of 1,000 suns, but IMO the little one is way better than the fat one.

where did I say he had him for 2 years? he was 5-13 w/ Bledsoe then Brady takes over w/ same team and goes 11-3 en route to SB.

he was 10-5 w/ Cassell as the starter a year after the team went UNDEFEATED and the 2008 schedule was MUCH weaker. by the way, Matt Cassell won a div title w/ KC 2 years later.  It's interesting, Kosar w/o BB had 3 title game apps and no POs w/ him, Vinny had a title game app and div title w/o him and a wc berth and div rd app w/ him, Cassell no POs w/ him and div title w/o him, Bledsoe 5-13 w/ him, SB trip w/o him.  Very interesting.

there's no debate about Cleveland, he did a terrible job. he had 4 losing seasons in 5 years and was fired. 

13 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

but only won 2 rings. And one was a gift from a last second chip shot field goal. Parcells was a good coach who was elevated to his status by the staff around him. His ego was his ultimate demise and if he coached in any other city coming up he would be considered just above average. He's Marty Shottenheimer with 2 rings. Not too shabby but still not in the class of the all-time greats. Deal with it.

the FG Buffalo was missed was 47 yards on grass, it was anything but a chip shot and his gameplan to control the clock kept the high powered Bills off the field which won that SB.

all successful coaches have huge egos.

Marty was a great coach who couldn't get over the hump, BP made SBs w/ Simms, Hosteler and Drew Bledsoe.  BB has never even made a title game w/ anyone other than the greatest QB of all time. w/o Brady emerging we aren't having this discussion today b/c BB would be a DC somewhere.

Archived