Report: Jets Want Tyrod, Not Culter

Warfish

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

You make a good point. Does Arizona really want Palmer back knowing he's most likely done, or not much left?

Guess who would go after him on a re-worked deal if we can't get Glennon? Us....and i want nothing to do with that.

It wouldn't suprise me. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Without a doubt if the Denver Broncos had an offense line , Tony Romo might be worth the risk for them.   The Broncos don't have an offense line , and the chances are very low they can fix that offense line in one year( first it's expensive to do, and not a strong Fa or draft class) .         Tony Romo wouldn't last one quarter of the season behind that Bronco offense line.    The Broncos don't need a superstar at Qb, just a Qb that won't lose them the game.( Tyrod Taylor fits the criteria they are looking for).

Houston- I will submit that you are 100% correct that Tyrod Taylor isn't an option.   (Only thing( off topic) is that Houston will be very agressive in trying to get a cheap option ( whether through draft or trade - Qb still on his first contract) to acquire a starting Qb.  They might be financial tied to Osweiller , but you can't be contempt to start a player you know isn't the answer.        You were right on that one.

49ers .   In life money always talks.    If the 49ers pay Tyrod Taylor well, than Do you really think Tyrod cares about his chances of winning.   Or providing his family with security.

lol your thoughts about Denver's line basically dooms us as well because our line also is very questionable. A much betterline and our QB's look a hell of a lot better imo

and my statement on the 49ers is if the money is close...and I think it will be and he will have better options. 

Pretty funny how fans of a QB starved team dismiss Tyrod Taylor so easily. He beat the Pats (yes he beat their 3rd stringer but he played well. 27/39, 246 1 TD, his #1 WR was Woods (Watkins hurt).

The 2nd game, the Bills put up 25 points, Pats offense rolled the Bills D that day with 41 points. In that game Tyrod had no Watkins & no McCoy! Woods & WALTER POWELL were his 2 WRs.

Listen, I know Tyrod Taylor is not the 2nd coming but if the Bills defense doesn't suck in that game we beat them in those 2 beautiful long balls he threw in that game would have been enough to beat us. 

Just imagine that we did sign Bouye, draft Hooker, sign Taylor, maybe a stud RB falls to us in the 2nd round. You can't tell me that Tyrod Taylor, with Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Robby Anderson doesn't get you excited? 

Jets fans, chances are pretty good that we're not finding the next Brady or Rogers. Let's stop fantasizing & get back to reality about what our options are. Taylor would be the 1st QB here in a long time that TAKES CARE OF THE BALL. Plus because of his legs, he's unpredictable, something that Belichick &. Patricia can't account for when calling defenses.

Jets WRs are a HUGE upgrade to what he had this year with Watkins & McCoy banged up all year. F*ck it, give hike Revis money, based on a raise in the 2nd year when Revis comes off the books. Tyrod Taylor is a damn good bridge (younger bridge) to Hackenberg. I thought he played pretty damn good last year, while the Bills defense completely sh*t themselves similar to the Jets. Jet fans can't be picky, you all know that.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Pretty funny how fans of a QB starved team dismiss Tyrod Taylor so easily. He beat the Pats (yes he beat their 3rd stringer but he played well. 27/39, 246 1 TD, his #1 WR was Woods (Watkins hurt).

The 2nd game, the Bills put up 25 points, Pats offense rolled the Bills D that day with 41 points. In that game Tyrod had no Watkins & no McCoy! Woods & WALTER POWELL were his 2 WRs.

Listen, I know Tyrod Taylor is not the 2nd coming but if the Bills defense doesn't suck in that game we beat them in those 2 beautiful long balls he threw in that game would have been enough to beat us. 

Just imagine that we did sign Bouye, draft Hooker, sign Taylor, maybe a stud RB falls to us in the 2nd round. You can't tell me that Tyrod Taylor, with Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Robby Anderson doesn't get you excited? 

Jets fans, chances are pretty good that we're not finding the next Brady or Rogers. Let's stop fantasizing & get back to reality about what our options are. Taylor would be the 1st QB here in a long time that TAKES CARE OF THE BALL. Plus because of his legs, he's unpredictable, something that Belichick &. Patricia can't account for when calling defenses.

Jets WRs are a HUGE upgrade to what he had this year with Watkins & McCoy banged up all year. F*ck it, give hike Revis money, based on a raise in the 2nd year when Revis comes off the books. Tyrod Taylor is a damn good bridge (younger bridge) to Hackenberg. I thought he played pretty damn good last year, while the Bills defense completely sh*t themselves similar to the Jets. Jet fans can't be picky, you all know that.

Tell me what we're paying him per yr and the length of the guaranteed money, and I will answer your question .

29 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Tell me what we're paying him per yr and the length of the guaranteed money, and I will answer your question .

Oh I'm on the same page. Won't be cheap but can't be ridiculous. This offseason is gonna be strange.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Oh I'm on the same page. Won't be cheap but can't be ridiculous. This offseason is gonna be strange.

Personally, I would prefer to see the Jets resign Geno to a 2 year contract, draft either Trubisky or Watson, and throw all 4 of them out there up until the start of the pre season and the end of the 2nd preseason game . Who ever is worst between Hack and Petty go on the PS .  Since Geno doesn't appear to be the nurturing  type maybe signing McCown just release from Cleveland  might be a better option

35 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I know I'm in the minority but if the Jets were able to land Taylor, signed Bouye & landed Malik Hooker at 6, or better yet, did trade back with the Browns to 12 & got extra picks, the season would not be as dire as we've all predicted.

Remember that the Jets were not a fortunate team when it came to injuries, we literally had one starter on the Oline left at the end of the season. Forte was hurt, Marshall played hurt, Revis played hurt, Skrine played hurt, Pryor got banged up, Decker gone, Lee missed games, Jenkins lost the preseason, Petty, Geno, Gilchrist gone, the injury bug was not good to the Jets in 2016. 

Just a bad year all around for gang green. We had some young WRs start getting some confidence, Enunwa, Robbie Anderson, Peake got some run, J.Marshall learning to protect the ball, who the hell knows what we have in Devin Smith if he get through an entire training camp? I imagine Taylor going from a hurt Watkins, Woods, Clay, Goodwin to Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, ect. and I could see us being pretty dangerous if not giving the ball away 4 times a game.

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Personally, I would prefer to see the Jets resign Geno to a 2 year contract, draft either Trubisky or Watson, and throw all 4 of them out there up until the start of the pre season and the end of the 2nd preseason game . Who ever is worst between Hack and Petty go on the PS .  Since Geno doesn't appear to be the nurturing  type maybe signing McCown just release from Cleveland  might be a better option

I think that Geno ship has sailed. Once you give the finger to the fans of NY, you better be a Super star after that,lol.

I like Tyrod but I really want to have the Jets draft their next real QB (hopefully Darnold).  I'm ready to suffer through the crap seasons until that happens. Tyrod can probably get us to a wildcard (I'm talking about his ceiling) and then maybe we win 1 playoff game before we get ousted. But during that time, we don't get a top pick (where we can find QB's more easily).  I realize Brady was a 6th rounder and Montana a 3rd rounder but these are freak occurrences that we shouldn't count on.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I like Tyrod but I really want to have the Jets draft their next real QB (hopefully Darnold).  I'm ready to suffer through the crap seasons until that happens. Tyrod can probably get us to a wildcard (I'm talking about his ceiling) and then maybe we win 1 playoff game before we get ousted. But during that time, we don't get a top pick (where we can find QB's more easily).  I realize Brady was a 6th rounder and Montana a 3rd rounder but these are freak occurrences that we shouldn't count on.

I just don't see this regime ever be in the (lets just have a lost season mode), you can get away with it in other places but not NY. 

There isn't a coach in this league that doesn't believe to can catch lighting in a bottle in this league. Even Parcells use to say, "you have to get to the tournament and anything can happen after that". You look at a Tyrod Taylor and somehow you get in the playoffs, who the hell knows what happens after that? The guy could run for 100 yards for all you know? Guys that move a little are unpredictable, look what he did to us in 2015 to knock us out, killing us with roll outs, and just escaping to convert another 1st down. 

Its so easy as fans (me included) to just want to lay down like dogs, take Darnold & that's that, but Macc and Bowles are never going to think that way. They're meeting now, looking at cuts, signings, draft picks, no surrender. It's not in the makeup of Men in this business. That's why I would be on board with. Tyrod Taylor signing, I'd still be shocked if Bills let him go, but stranger things have happened in the NFL over the years.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I am with you on drafting our potential franchise QB but the chances of us drafting Darnold is not close to a sure thing. There are so many variables that can keep us from drafting him, if he will declare for the draft, if he plays well, injuries, our record and so on. In theory it sounds great, but I doubt the FO has that mind set, they want to win to keep their ass employed. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

On 2/11/2017 at 7:49 AM, thadude said:

I don't want Romo.  For all the Glennon-hating and Tyrod-hating salary capologists put there Romo is set to make $20 million next season -- for a guy who might not survive one preseason game

Outside of last two years and 2010, Romo has only missed 5 games in his career in the other 11 seasons. 11 seasons. Let it sink in before you utter your garbage about him not making it through a PS game. It's football. Injuries happen. Taking a shot to the chest and breaking a rib while puncturing a lung doesn't make you anymore injury prone that a guy twisting his leg and tearing his ACL. All of his injuries have been on contact. Non-contact injuries worry me. His talent is undeniable. Glennon n Tyrod have done nothing so far in the NFL. Nothing. 

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I know I'm in the minority but if the Jets were able to land Taylor, signed Bouye & landed Malik Hooker at 6, or better yet, did trade back with the Browns to 12 & got extra picks, the season would not be as dire as we've all predicted.

Remember that the Jets were not a fortunate team when it came to injuries, we literally had one starter on the Oline left at the end of the season. Forte was hurt, Marshall played hurt, Revis played hurt, Skrine played hurt, Pryor got banged up, Decker gone, Lee missed games, Jenkins lost the preseason, Petty, Geno, Gilchrist gone, the injury bug was not good to the Jets in 2016. 

Just a bad year all around for gang green. We had some young WRs start getting some confidence, Enunwa, Robbie Anderson, Peake got some run, J.Marshall learning to protect the ball, who the hell knows what we have in Devin Smith if he get through an entire training camp? I imagine Taylor going from a hurt Watkins, Woods, Clay, Goodwin to Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, ect. and I could see us being pretty dangerous if not giving the ball away 4 times a game.

I think 2016 was a good year for the Jets once I got over the play of certain vets .  Many a young Jet draft pick got to play and I think we have some promising talent  .  We just need to continue their growth by getting rid of the old vets that cast a shadow over these kids . Let them know it's on them, and not their heroes  . 

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I am with you on drafting our potential franchise QB but the chances of us drafting Darnold is not close to a sure thing. There are so many variables that can keep us from drafting him, if he will declare for the draft, if he plays well, injuries, our record and so on. In theory it sounds great, but I doubt the FO has that mind set, they want to win to keep their ass employed. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I just don't see this regime ever be in the (lets just have a lost season mode), you can get away with it in other places but not NY. 

There isn't a coach in this league that doesn't believe to can catch lighting in a bottle in this league. Even Parcells use to say, "you have to get to the tournament and anything can happen after that". You look at a Tyrod Taylor and somehow you get in the playoffs, who the hell knows what happens after that? The guy could run for 100 yards for all you know? Guys that move a little are unpredictable, look what he did to us in 2015 to knock us out, killing us with roll outs, and just escaping to convert another 1st down. 

Its so easy as fans (me included) to just want to lay down like dogs, take Darnold & that's that, but Macc and Bowles are never going to think that way. They're meeting now, looking at cuts, signings, draft picks, no surrender. It's not in the makeup of Men in this business. That's why I would be on board with. Tyrod Taylor signing, I'd still be shocked if Bills let him go, but stranger things have happened in the NFL over the years.

Very good points by both of you.  I realize the strategy I'm hoping for is probably unrealistic.  Even if it's not Darnold btw, I'd be fine waiting longer until the right QB does come around.  Having said that, I know there are teams that wait for a decade and STILL don't find that guy.  I'd still be willing to take that chance though because I'd like to see a Superbowl win one day rather than a few random competitive years that are really based off false hope.

Just now, Tinstar said:

I think 2016 was a good year for the Jets once I got over the play of certain vets .  Many a young Jet draft pick got to play and I think we have some promising talent  .  We just need to continue their growth by getting rid of the old vets that cast a shadow over these kids . Let them know it's on them, and not their heroes  . 

UNTIL WE FIND A DECENT QB NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. 

joewilly12 

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We were pretty much full strength the first several wks, save for Deckers injury. We shat the bed. Injuries weren't the reason we sucked last year

36 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The question is ... which franchise is smart enough to lose for Darnold ... it won't be the Jets ... will it be the Browns or Bills ... perhaps a better team that knows it's QB will not get better and is getting older ... Steelers, Pats ?

It's going to be Suck for Luck part Deux

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just our luck Chicago trades with Pats this year for Garapolo, Pats move up in 2018 pick Darnold, he learns behind the GOAT and the Pats go on to dominate from 2020-2035. Surpass 10 Superbowls go into the history books as a Franchise with the longest run of non-losing seasons in Pro Football, meanwhile the Jets get purchased by Wayfair Internet Company and we get to watch hundreds of Wayfair you got what I need commercials over, and over and over again...good times.

45 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Just our luck Chicago trades with Pats this year for Garapolo, Pats move up in 2018 pick Darnold, he learns behind the GOAT and the Pats go on to dominate from 2020-2035. Surpass 10 Superbowls go into the history books as a Franchise with the longest run of non-losing seasons in Pro Football, meanwhile the Jets get purchased by Wayfair Internet Company and we get to watch hundreds of Wayfair you got what I need commercials over, and over and over again...good times.

As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he .  Why thinketh thou thus  ? 

On 2/10/2017 at 1:24 AM, King P said:

I could see SF, Chicago, and Cleveland all wanting him as a stop-gap/short term option

Why he will want to go somewhere where he is confident where he will be more than a short term option. He doesn't want to go to a team that has a backup threat.. I'm sure he want to be in a Ryan Fitzpatrick dream situation where even if you're playing horrible your job is not in jeopardy. Which would be the jets.

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

History repeats itself right? 

Only if you allow it . Thinking that it will is the 1st step to allowing it . 

Imagine if a Jet head coach had to decide who to keep if the vast majority of his players though as the fans do . Now imagine having to d this knowing that you can't cut some of your players due to the salary cap implications .

It all begins in the mind, and if you don't "get your stinking mind right", you're already doomed . 

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention since our season ended in October, but I just read (on WalterFootball.com) that Jets sources say Hackenberg has progressed well behind the scenes.  They had a plan not to play Hack and stuck to it.  Mentioning Goff as an example of playing a QB before he was ready.

If this is true and Hack has made promising progress, I say forget any of the bigger named vets that will cost decent money.  Just bring in a solid, cheap option for no more than 3mil or so.  Much like $hitz 2015.

McCown?  Then roll with the new vet, either Geno or Petty, and Hack.

Best QB starts.

24 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention since our season ended in October, but I just read (on WalterFootball.com) that Jets sources say Hackenberg has progressed well behind the scenes.  They had a plan not to play Hack and stuck to it.  Mentioning Goff as an example of playing a QB before he was ready.

If this is true and Hack has made promising progress, I say forget any of the bigger named vets that will cost decent money.  Just bring in a solid, cheap option for no more than 3mil or so.  Much like $hitz 2015.

McCown?  Then roll with the new vet, either Geno or Petty, and Hack.

Best QB starts.

Ok im all for it IF this is true. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok im all for it IF this is true. 

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU LSU_logo.gif 
I previously slotted Mitch Trubisky here, citing some news story that the Jets had interest in him. Charlie Campbell squashed those reports in his Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. The scuttlebutt is that Christian Hackenberg has developed well behind the scenes, so perhaps the Jets won't give up on him without seeing him play after all. 

If this is true, Leonard Fournette suddenly becomes the favorite for this pick. The Jets don't have a viable starting running for the future, and Fournette is a stud. Fournette is considered the top running back prospect since Adrian Peterson, as he's received higher grades than Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliott. He was slowed by an injury in 2016, but his tape in 2015 was some of the best a running back prospect has ever displayed. 

------------

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017rumors2.php

There were reports that the New York Jets are all over North Carolina quarterback Mitch Trubisky. When I told this to Jets sources, they rolled their eyes and shook their head. They said that general manager Mike Maccagnan has them work more in depth on early entry players later in the process and not during the fall, so it is way too early to say that for almost any non-senior. 

These sources also said that quarterback Christian Hackenberg developed well behind the scenes as a rookie. Citing Jared Goff with the Rams as an example of a quarterback playing before he was prepared, the Jets didn't want to force Hackenberg on the field before he was ready and end up doing damage to him. This analyst wouldn't be surprised if the Jets went the veteran quarterback route to compete and see how their young quarterbacks improve in 2017. 

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php
jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU LSU_logo.gif 
I previously slotted Mitch Trubisky here, citing some news story that the Jets had interest in him. Charlie Campbell squashed those reports in his Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. The scuttlebutt is that Christian Hackenberg has developed well behind the scenes, so perhaps the Jets won't give up on him without seeing him play after all. 

If this is true, Leonard Fournette suddenly becomes the favorite for this pick. The Jets don't have a viable starting running for the future, and Fournette is a stud. Fournette is considered the top running back prospect since Adrian Peterson, as he's received higher grades than Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliott. He was slowed by an injury in 2016, but his tape in 2015 was some of the best a running back prospect has ever displayed. 
------------
http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017rumors2.php
There were reports that the New York Jets are all over North Carolina quarterback Mitch Trubisky. When I told this to Jets sources, they rolled their eyes and shook their head. They said that general manager Mike Maccagnan has them work more in depth on early entry players later in the process and not during the fall, so it is way too early to say that for almost any non-senior. 

These sources also said that quarterback Christian Hackenberg developed well behind the scenes as a rookie. Citing Jared Goff with the Rams as an example of a quarterback playing before he was prepared, the Jets didn't want to force Hackenberg on the field before he was ready and end up doing damage to him. This analyst wouldn't be surprised if the Jets went the veteran quarterback route to compete and see how their young quarterbacks improve in 2017. 

i like mcafferey

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived