Report: Jets Want Tyrod, Not Culter

Warfish

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I suggest you read the PFT article I posted above,  then decide if what I am saying is likely the truth...  and not some made up "alternative facts."

Cutler is a dog.  Most people know that and don't need "at least 10" unnamed Chicago Bears staffers.  OTOH, we know for a fact that our QB coach only got his last NFL job because of the success he had with Cutler. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd take Cutler over Tyrod Taylor but in reality I want neither.  I don't want Glennon either.  None of these guys are the answer and all of them will cost too much.

Saw a very disturbing post on the hampur just now though they had link to a tweet from Geno Smith, unless it is a fake account the tweet said: "Don't act surprised!  That is all I am going to say!"

Someone please explain all the HYPE about McCagnon who wasted a  2nd round pick and a 4th on QBs and neither can play?

We look to failed journeymen of the Bears and Bills?  

Countdown to the "Hack/Petty need be developed responses.  Jeez.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So the Bills would rather go with Cardale Jones than this guy and that doesn't tell you anything? This would be the second team that wanted nothing to do with him. The Jets shouldn't either. 

You run your team after what the Bills do or don't do? K

Cutler doesn't make sense at all.  I would consider it a fire-able offense if Mac made that trade.

He has an expensive contract, hes 34 years old, with a bad attitude, coming off an injury and with zero leadership abilities.  Yes he's talented, and he's a lot better at qb than he's looked like at times in Chicago, but the guy clearly mailed it in several seasons ago and is just going through the motions.  

Worse, it does nothing for us long term.  We will likely get to 6-7 wins with him as a qb, but we have no chance getting beyond that, as his career is on the downward end.. Worse it does nothing for our young players, it's not like our young receivers will be growing with him.

At least taking a chance on a young qb like Glennon or giving up multiple 1sts for Garrop has long term payoff and/or bust potential.  But consistent mediocrity with such an unsympathetic character and I can only imagine the whining once the losing starts.

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Someone please explain all the HYPE about McCagnon who wasted a  2nd round pick and a 4th on QBs and neither can play?

He hasn't signed Cutler or Tyrod but your ripping him in advance? 

Saying Hack needs to develop doesn't make sense? 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You run your team after what the Bills do or don't do? K

I don't run a team. If I did, I wouldn't want anything to do with a run first, bad passing QB and not only because the Bills are letting him go, but because he'll cost more than he's worth and he's not a guy that can get a team past 7-9 or 8-8. 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Don't even respond to that non-sense. This guy would've complained about taking Aaron Rodgers in the first and how he hasn't developed after 3-4 years. 

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

11 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

The fact that the Jets want to recreate the 2012 Chicago Bears 5 years later makes me want to vomit.

I am in a SMH mode for the condition of the NY Jets. In 2010....  we had the world by the short hairs.

25 minutes ago, Hael said:

Cutler doesn't make sense at all.  I would consider it a fire-able offense if Mac made that trade.

He has an expensive contract, hes 34 years old, with a bad attitude, coming off an injury and with zero leadership abilities.  Yes he's talented, and he's a lot better at qb than he's looked like at times in Chicago, but the guy clearly mailed it in several seasons ago and is just going through the motions.  

Worse, it does nothing for us long term.  We will likely get to 6-7 wins with him as a qb, but we have no chance getting beyond that, as his career is on the downward end.. Worse it does nothing for our young players, it's not like our young receivers will be growing with him.

At least taking a chance on a young qb like Glennon or giving up multiple 1sts for Garrop has long term payoff and/or bust potential.  But consistent mediocrity with such an unsympathetic character and I can only imagine the whining once the losing starts.

If we gave up multiple 1st for friggin garapolo that would be the very last straw ever. 

In any case, you don;t trade for Cutler you let him get cut and then make him a short term offer.  I know i am in the minority but I like Cutler s a QB short term more than the others.  I do not view Glennon as the answer and I think he will want more term and be almost as expensive as cutler.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

If we gave up multiple 1st for friggin garapolo that would be the very last straw ever. 

In any case, you don;t trade for Cutler you let him get cut and then make him a short term offer.  I know i am in the minority but I like Cutler s a QB short term more than the others.  I do not view Glennon as the answer and I think he will want more term and be almost as expensive as cutler.

Why do you like Cutler? To me, he just seems like a guy who can do just enough to hold off one of the young guys but will only win you a handful of games. I guess he could have a year like Fitz did his first year. And maybe win us that one extra game to get in the playoffs. But it just seems like a pointless move. 

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Tyrod update. That's a lot of coin for a guy who doesn't even throw for 200 yards a game. If the Bills cut him, that's all we need to know. 

The bills obviously know what they're doing their playoff drought is only 17 years old

I want Glennon or Taylor

i don't want Cutler

that said, I don't think signing Cutler is as bad a move as most are making it out to be.  Odds are even if we try to tank next year we still miss out on Darnold, Hack/Petty are a joke and Cutler would probably only need a one year deal on cheap money

And a change in scenery would help him

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Lolz

26 minutes ago, thadude said:

Lolz

I think Tyrod is better than Cutler.  I wouldn't necessarily call Tyrod a "journeyman" quite yet. Drafted by the Ravens in round 6 and big contract from the Bills.  Does 3 teams mean you are a "journeyman" or do you need more?

43 minutes ago, thadude said:

I want Glennon or Taylor

i don't want Cutler

that said, I don't think signing Cutler is as bad a move as most are making it out to be.  Odds are even if we try to tank next year we still miss out on Darnold, Hack/Petty are a joke and Cutler would probably only need a one year deal on cheap money

And a change in scenery would help him

I happen to agree with all of the above, BTW.  Good post.

2 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

The fact that the Jets want to recreate the 2012 Chicago Bears 5 years later makes me want to vomit.

LOL.  See video below.  Just change the topic from having sex with an octogenarian to signing Jay Cutler and you are spot on!

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Don't really agree.  I think Garrop is actually the best qb of the lot other than maybe Romo (assuming he still has it).  He's really pretty good, makes smart reads, has a quick release, good footwork and makes accurate throws.  I'd say you are looking at a young Alex Smith at the minimum, and maybe the potential to be a Tony Romo like talent at the maximum.  That's worth at least a 1st rounder or two, even if it is to a division rival.

Cutler might give you better one year production, but he brings a bad culture to a team that already has a toxic locker room.  You'd trade for him if you already had a lot of win now pieces looking for one last run at a superbowl (like a team like Denver last year could have used him) that had veteran leadership and continuity in the coaching staff.

51 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think Tyrod is better than Cutler.  I wouldn't necessarily call Tyrod a "journeyman" quite yet. Drafted by the Ravens in round 6 and big contract from the Bills.  Does 3 teams mean you are a "journeyman" or do you need more?

You cant win with a recycled journeyman QB.

Just ask Dilfer, Warner, Vinny Testaverde, Brad Johnson and Peyton Manning

28 minutes ago, Hael said:

Don't really agree.  I think Garrop is actually the best qb of the lot other than maybe Romo (assuming he still has it).  He's really pretty good, makes smart reads, has a quick release, good footwork and makes accurate throws.  I'd say you are looking at a young Alex Smith at the minimum, and maybe the potential to be a Tony Romo like talent at the maximum.  That's worth at least a 1st rounder or two, even if it is to a division rival.

Cutler might give you better one year production, but he brings a bad culture to a team that already has a toxic locker room.  You'd trade for him if you already had a lot of win now pieces looking for one last run at a superbowl (like a team like Denver last year could have used him) that had veteran leadership and continuity in the coaching staff.

Beware of the ace QB coming from a team with an ace system and dominant team.   I'll be interested to see what he does if he is plopped on a team like Cleveland or SF with poor defense and lacking talent an no where near the coaching staff that the pats have.  Teams have sought out just about every pats 2nd stringer there has been out there and most of them have flopped.

I think the worry with him is how he stands up to the wear and tear and the mental aspects of the imminent hits.  We have a small sample size, but he was hurt after only 4 games.  It doesn't take long for the NFL to really make young QBs afraid, especially on bad teams.  

There's been a few QBs over the years that I thought had immense talent, with strong early starts that ended up fizzling out fast b/c one day they freaked out and never recovered.  Marc Bulger is one.  Elvis Grbac is another.

35 minutes ago, Hael said:

I think the worry with him is how he stands up to the wear and tear and the mental aspects of the imminent hits.  We have a small sample size, but he was hurt after only 4 games.  It doesn't take long for the NFL to really make young QBs afraid, especially on bad teams.  

There's been a few QBs over the years that I thought had immense talent, with strong early starts that ended up fizzling out fast b/c one day they freaked out and never recovered.  Marc Bulger is one.  Elvis Grbac is another.

He came out with Cam Newton and now you are worried about the delicate flower?  I don't get the Bulger reference.  He wasn't on a bad team.  He took over the greatest show on turf and I thought he only eventually lost his job because Trent Green was better. 

7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Tyrod is a much better choice than Cutler.

Cutler is worthless.  I have said this many times.  It seems like virtually all coaches and teammates that worked with him before at a previous location, never have any interest in working with him again.  That speaks volumes.   Even the B-Marsh Denver and Chicago thing failed the 2nd time around.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DON'T FOLKS GET THIS POINT!!!!

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He came out with Cam Newton and now you are worried about the delicate flower?  I don't get the Bulger reference.  He wasn't on a bad team.  He took over the greatest show on turf and I thought he only eventually lost his job because Trent Green was better. 

Bulger if you remember was impressive enough that the Rams felt they could move on from a HOF QB...  It worked..  for about half a season, and then one day he got hit and the wheels came off.  The Rams were having oline issues by that point, and he just never looked the same and was out of the NFL quickly thereafter.

That happens sometimes with qbs..  You have to have the mental makeup to not give a crap, and it doesn't matter how good or how talented you are and how u look on tape...

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DON'T FOLKS GET THIS POINT!!!!

I'd much rather have Tyrod over Cutler.  He's better, younger and has a better attitude

Problems are: 

1. Good chance he's still a Bill next year

2. Tyrod will want a multi-year deal while cutler will need only a 1-year contract

Archived