Contract Expired - The End Of Ryan Fitzpatrick

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:
... Ryan Fitzpatrick went on a 6-2 run after the Oakland game, Fitzmagic was born, team records were set, and 2015 and 2016 were lost.  Along with 12 mil in cap space and valuable practice for our young QBs.

Finished that for ya.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stop with the fake news.

No one cried for Fitzpatrick.  No one.  He has no fans.  I never saw a single Fitzpatrick jersey in the stadium, never saw a poster on a kids wall.  Fitzpatrick was the surprise of the 2015 season, did a great job considering his limitations.  Resigning him was necessary only because Geno Smith sucked so bad, the reason the Jets gave Fitz $12M is because when Geno Smith's your leverage you're going to pay, pay big.

F Geno.

SAR I

How can you type here that no one cried for Futz When there are many threads here about Futz and signing him was the thing to do? You appear delusional with your alternative facts. You badly lost an argument along with the other cheer leaders for him. Your constant dialog about Geno makes it abundantly clear regarding your preference.

it is not. Good feeling when your team signs a QB with the selfish mindset of Futz and expects to win. He clearly and rightfully was out for himself. For fans to over look that along with the FO is just not a good thing IMO 

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Geno was a Jet for 2 full seasons and all of camp before Imikpeplai busted his jaw. 

Fitzpatrick expected to be a backup, barely knew the playbook.

Geno had 1 simple job.  Beat Oakland, put us into the playoffs.  He choked, no surprise.

Speaking of being smarter than the above comment-  Geno played well in Oakland?

SAR I

Futz choked against a weak Buff team in that season finale. 

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Geno couldn't move the team at all, he accounted for a whopping 3 points in the first half, his drive chart was:  Punt - Punt - Interception - Field Goal.  Then we were down 28-6 in the third quarter.  Then the Raiders went prevent.  Then Geno compiled garbage time stats.

And with a strained ligament in his hand, Ryan Fitzpatrick went on a 6-2 run after the Oakland game, Fitzmagic was born, team records were set.  

Geno cost us 2015 just like he cost us 2014 and 2013 and 2016.  

SAR I

Didn't that same Geno Smith takes Futz's job this past season? Stop cherry picking your arguments. You lost big time with Futz just like the other cheer leaders he has here. 

16 minutes ago, section314 said:

April 28, 2016....according to espn.com , Fitzpatrick "would rather quit playing football '" than accept what the Jets are offering me." Sorry about the symantics. Quit playing football basically means retiring from football.

Clearly theJets and all of their young QB's would have been better off

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Buffalo isn't necessary if Geno Smith takes our record-setting offense and does something with it in Oakland.

We'd have clinched a playoff spot at home in OT against the Patriots, would have rested our starters in Buffalo the next week or perhaps won the division.  Either way, Buffalo never happens if Oakland does.

F Geno

SAR I

Yeah. Blame the back up. Not the guy having the greatest season ever until he played a game that mattered. He played just enough to bamboozle the Jets out of 12 million the next year.  Yet still. No playoffs. But yeah. If Geno only beat Raiders. LOL

28 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Didn't that same Geno Smith takes Futz's job this past season? Stop cherry picking your arguments. You lost big time with Futz just like the other cheer leaders he has here. 

Futz supporters grew beards looked foolish and bought jerseys and Futz Magic t shirts all car wash rags or clothing bin donations I wouldn't wipe with one.

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah. Blame the back up. Not the guy having the greatest season ever until he played a game that mattered. He played just enough to bamboozle the Jets out of 12 million the next year.  Yet still. No playoffs. But yeah. If Geno only beat Raiders. LOL

Oh yeahhhhhh The Crusher laying the smack down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

27-42, 265yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

Not bad for no 1st team reps.

Especially when you consider what the defense allowed Carr to do.

23-36, 333yds, 4 TD

Geno wasn't the reason for that loss.

Fitz sh!t the bed against Buffalo twice losing 22-17 both times, throwing 2 INTs in one game, 3 INTs in the other.

But Geno is the reason we missed the playoffs. Learn something new here everyday.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

the more i think about the past season the more upset i get.  geno did this.  i was giving him some credit for being thrust into the fire by rex with a limited team and felt he continued to deserve the starter's job in 2015.  in fact he was winning it until he decided to be an immature punk.  and, i can't prove it, but it is my feeling that he did very little to bring the team back together once fitz was re-signed.  if he had a beef he should have taken it up with bowles and not stirred up sheldon and/or pryor andor marshall. and much as locker room issues fall on bowles and mac, one thing people don't seem to think is bowles knows who punks are. bowles is from newark.  he's seen them in all shapes and sizes.  if bowles didn't start geno it's because he must have been a real punk.

it's going to be real interesting come march when all of the team cuts start happening.

Agree completely.  Geno Smith has shown nothing but selfish behavior from the moment he slipped in the draft to this very day.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Finished that for ya.

Valuable practice for our young starters?  They were worse than Fitzpatrick.

Look, the guy was not some great player but he was a necessary cog in a broken Geno Smith wheel, when he got hot it showed us that we had a fighting chance with good WR's and an inspired defense.  As bad as 2016 was, 2015 was good, in the end its a wash.  Fitz leaves us with good memories of the only decent season we've had since Rex Ryan sh=t the bed in Pittsburgh.  That's nothing to sneeze at.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

How can you type here that no one cried for Futz When there are many threads here about Futz and signing him was the thing to do? You appear delusional with your alternative facts. You badly lost an argument along with the other cheer leaders for him. Your constant dialog about Geno makes it abundantly clear regarding your preference.

it is not. Good feeling when your team signs a QB with the selfish mindset of Futz and expects to win. He clearly and rightfully was out for himself. For fans to over look that along with the FO is just not a good thing IMO 

More of your fake news.

You deliberately confuse fans who hate Geno with those who tolerated Fitzpatrick because it suited your binary argument.  People preferred Fitzpatrick only because Geno was so bad, no other reason.  If anything, it should show you just how bad Geno Smith was.  People talking up Ryan Fitzpatrick?  LOL.  If that's not an indictment of Geno Smith, nothing is.

SAR I

Futz choked against a weak Buff team in that season finale. 

Yes, no question.

Geno Smith couldn't win the starting job and choked against a weak Oakland team with a record setting 2015 offense, cost us the 1 game that we needed to make the playoffs.  Throughout his misguided four year career, whenever we've asked Geno Smith to step up like a man and prove to the world that he was the first round pick he claimed to be, he failed miserably. 

SAR I

I am not a Ryan Fitzpatrick cheerleader, I didn't want him on this team.

However, with Geno Smith's failure it was handy to have a decent backup capable of leading us to a 10-5 record, 2015 was a fun season.  Geno Smith's 0-1 record sealed our fate unfortunately, ruined all the fun.  If Geno did his job and got us our 11th win and if a relaxed Fitzpatrick took care of Buffalo under those low-pressure circumstances, we might have won the AFC East with a 12-4 record and hosted a home playoff game as the hottest team in the NFL.  Imagine that.

SAR I

12 hours ago, KRL said:

Hopefully the front office/coach has learned not to let a "scrubby" player like Fitzpatrick hold
the offseason hostage.  They should've set a hard take it or leave it date in the negotiations
and moved on.  I'll never believe Fitzpatrick wasn't negatively impacted by not being in the facility
for seven months developing chemistry with the new offensive players we were bringing in    

I had lunch with my son at Nonna's in Florham Park like two weeks after the season ended last year. Fitz was in there with some young player. It was still the old league year, so he had been at the Jets facility I believe. Then nothing because of the stalemate.

There is no way not being part of everything helped the situation.

Making it worse they gave the snaps to Geno and he gets hurt 1/2 way through his first game. Just a terrible year.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I'm not blaming the backup.  I'm blaming the starter.

It was Geno Smith's team.  The journeyman backup was only forced into active duty because of his glass jaw.  And when the starter was put back into the job that was rightfully his, what did he do with it?  Nothing.  Let the Raiders amass a 28-6 third quarter lead through lack of preparation and lack of ability.

And Fitzpatrick didn't bamboozle the Jets.  The Jets simply had no other choice.  See, Geno Smith is that bad.

SAR I

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

Fitz sh!t the bed against Buffalo twice losing 22-17 both times, throwing 2 INTs in one game, 3 INTs in the other.

But Geno is the reason we missed the playoffs. Learn something new here everyday.

The journeyman backup who wasn't expecting to start shocked the NFL and went 10-5.

The third-year starter that the organization and fanbase had very high hopes for allowed $600 to ruin his preseason and went 0-1.

You can't blame the journeyman, 10-5 is so far above his level it's almost impossible to believe it happened.  But it did.  And the one game we needed, the one game we had to have, the one game that would have put the cherry on the impossible 10-5 journeyman's record?  Geno Smith couldn't do it.  The journeyman went 4-2 with that offense before the Oakland game, and with a torn ligament went 6-3 after the Oakland game, but perfectly healthy and young and hungry Geno Smith wasn't ready and killed our season.

SAR I

Awesome to see that arrogant, phony piece of f**cking dogg shiit loser off this team. What a complete and total prick fraud this guy was. Worst thing to happen to the Jets in a long time, but of course Bubba wanted this POS. FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK him. He actually made me like the Jets a little less. He is literally and I mean literally the most overrated player in the NFL ever. He screwed this team up the ass and sp**ged on our back on got paid for it. F**k this arrogant smug human turd. 

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Awesome to see that arrogant, phony piece of f**cking dogg shiit loser off this team. What a complete and total prick fraud this guy was. Worst thing to happen to the Jets in a long time, but of course Bubba wanted this POS. FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK him. He actually made me like the Jets a little less. He is literally and I mean literally the most overrated player in the NFL ever. He screwed this team up the ass and sp**ged on our back on got paid for it. F**k this arrogant smug human turd. 

You're confusing this with the upcoming Good Riddance Geno Smith Thread.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes, no question.

Geno Smith couldn't win the starting job and choked against a weak Oakland team with a record setting 2015 offense, cost us the 1 game that we needed to make the playoffs.  Throughout his misguided four year career, whenever we've asked Geno Smith to step up like a man and prove to the world that he was the first round pick he claimed to be, he failed miserably. 

SAR I

Do you actually believe the things you post here?

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're confusing this with the upcoming Good Riddance Geno Smith Thread.

SAR I

Good for th Jets to dump the 2nd round pick with experience as a starter and keep the 4th round pick who is nearly as old and not as good a player. Only Jets fans think this is a good thing. No wonder the Jets got flexed by Futz and Revis

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Do you actually believe the things you post here?

Of course.

In 2015, and as proved in 2016, it would be impossible to imagine that Ryan Fitzpatrick could take a 4-12 team to 10-5.  It was a Christmas miracle.  But the one time the miracle man needed a little help from his backup, nope, couldn't do it.

You cry and moan about Ryan Fitzpatrick getting $12M to play 16 games yet never utter a word about the $1.4M Geno Smith got to play 1 game and blow the playoffs in the process.  You should listen to the things I say more often.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Good for th Jets to dump the 2nd round pick with experience as a starter and keep the 4th round pick who is nearly as old and not as good a player. Only Jets fans think this is a good thing. No wonder the Jets got flexed by Futz and Revis

The Jets have no answers at quarterback.  The name of the game is to eliminate the questions.  Geno Smith is a known quantity by now, he's played 33 games, is 12-18 as a starter, has 28 touchdowns and 36 interceptions.  There is nothing to learn from Geno Smith.  Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, there is still a lot to discover, still some questions that need answers.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Of course.

In 2015, and as proved in 2016, it would be impossible to imagine that Ryan Fitzpatrick could take a 4-12 team to 10-5.  It was a Christmas miracle.  But the one time the miracle man needed a little help from his backup, nope, couldn't do it.

You cry and moan about Ryan Fitzpatrick getting $12M to play 16 games yet never utter a word about the $1.4M Geno Smith got to play 1 game and blow the playoffs in the process.  You should listen to the things I say more often.

SAR I

SMH...good luck with those thoughts bro

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have no answers at quarterback.  The name of the game is to eliminate the questions.  Geno Smith is a known quantity by now, he's played 33 games, is 12-18 as a starter, has 28 touchdowns and 36 interceptions.  There is nothing to learn from Geno Smith.  Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, there is still a lot to discover, still some questions that need answers.

SAR I

Geno is better than both. Good teams get rid of the worse players. They get better players to replace the poor performers. The Jets keep the poor performers and get worse players subsequently. No wonder this team continues to lose.

The FO needs to stop reading the boards. 

6 hours ago, section314 said:

April 28, 2016....according to espn.com , Fitzpatrick "would rather quit playing football '" than accept what the Jets are offering me." Sorry about the symantics. Quit playing football basically means retiring from football.

ESPN...lol

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

It was Geno Smith's team.  The journeyman backup was only forced into active duty because of his glass jaw.  And when the starter was put back into the job that was rightfully his, what did he do with it?  Nothing.  Let the Raiders amass a 28-6 third quarter lead through lack of preparation and lack of ability.

And Fitzpatrick didn't bamboozle the Jets.  The Jets simply had no other choice.  See, Geno Smith is that bad.

SAR I

Tony Romo became a backup when he got hurt and Dak played well. Geno became a backup when his jaw got tagged and Fitzpatrick played well.

This team was never Geno's and I feel like your picking on me just by saying that. I mean damn dude, Todd Bowles named Fitz the starter before he was even on the roster. Yes, Geno's team. 

I do agree Geno played terribly against the Raiders but again that surprises no one. The entire team quit when Fitz went down that game. He was their guy. But again, yes, Geno's team. Teehee

Fitz been bamboozling NFL teams for more than a decade. Better at that then football.  The Jets just made it easier by making it very clear they did not want Geno  as their starter.  I 100% agree Geno is that bad, no argument there. 

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It's amazing the way some look at what was right in front of them.  

Glass jaw?  Lol

Raider game was on Geno.  Lack of prep was also on Geno.  KC this season wasn't on Fitz.  He must have been prepared.   

Jets had a choice, they didn't have to sign Fitz to 12 mil.  Would have been nice if he trained while holding out.  You know was prepared

When Fitz was erratic Gailey tried to change the offense and make it more run based. The thing  is the mix didn't work. Fitz has only himself to blame for 2016. He could have played an Alex Smith kind of role and not forced plays and killed drives with picks. Instead he played like Mark Sanchez. But if you objectively look at the beginning of 2016 few Qbs could win with the defense giving up so many big plays. But instead of being a team leader and a stabilizing force he made it much worse. 

Archived