Contract Expired - The End Of Ryan Fitzpatrick

SAR I

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

Hey Ryan, if you are reading, don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.

Your disrespect isn't appreciated.

If you're happy that Fitzpatrick is leaving today it's because of what Geno Smith did to put us in this position.  Save your vitriol for him

F Geno

SAR I

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, rangerous said:

i don't know that he did it with pride and dignity.  if petty's assessment is to be believed, fitz was more than a little snippy.  imo there was a lot of stuff going on that originated outside of the world of football. and his holdout, though not entirely his fault, did more damage to the team than initially thought.  the key word is team.

Let's pretend for the sake of argument that Fitzpatrick's contract was $6M too fat.

There wasn't a player in the NFL that would have made us any better than 5-11 had we given that money to him.

The money isn't something to focus on.  Except, of course, unless you're talking about the $4M and 4 years we wasted on Geno Smith.

F Geno.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

cimini is basically writing what many posters have already said.  hindsight is usually 20-20 and doesn't take much courage.  obviously fitz's holdout caused more issues than expected.  he's gone.  it's time to move on.  and it's also time to move on from that punk geno.

Geno is not part of this why do you feel the need to involve him?  

You also supported Fitzpatrick. 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Your disrespect isn't appreciated.

If you're happy that Fitzpatrick is leaving today it's because of what Geno Smith did to put us in this position.  Save your vitriol for him

F Geno

SAR I

Gotta disagree.  I appreciate his disrespect for $hitz a whole lot.

Almost two full season I spent arguing how much Fitz sucked and shouldn't have been starting and/or re-signed.  

He seems like a swell family guy and cool buddy.  With that said, I hope the POS gets beard mites.

9 hours ago, DMan77 said:

I'm happy we ONLY gave him that 1 year, 12 million... Remember when he wanted 4 years?!

Fitzpatrick was paid $3M for his record setting 2015 season. 

$3M plus $12M divided by 2 seasons equals $7.5M.

Very reasonable.

SAR I

Just now, Mike135 said:

Gotta disagree.  I appreciate his disrespect for $hitz a whole lot.

Almost two full season I spent arguing how much Fitz sucked and should have been starting and/or re-signed.  

He seems like a swell family guy and cool buddy.  With that said, I hope the POS gets beard mites.

The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick even got to touch the ball in 2015 is because Geno Smith owed $600 to a bum.

The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick even got to keep the job in 2015 is because Geno Smith wasn't good enough to win his job back.

The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick was resigned in 2016 is because Geno Smith wasn't good enough to win his job back.  Twice.

You want to be mad?  Be mad at Geno Smith.  You want to celebrate?  Wait until we cut Geno Smith.  That's going to be a banner day.

F Geno

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let's pretend for the sake of argument that Fitzpatrick's contract was $6M too fat.

There wasn't a player in the NFL that would have made us any better than 5-11 had we given that money to him.

The money isn't something to focus on.  Except, of course, unless you're talking about the $4M and 4 years we wasted on Geno Smith.

F Geno.

SAR I

i don't think the money was the issue.  the issue is, imo, that geno and sheldon and their posse were disruptive. so, fitz coming back the way he did was going to be a problem.  they wouldn't have had the same disruption with hoyer or mckown or any of the usual journeymen out there.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick even got to touch the ball in 2015 is because Geno Smith owed $600 to a bum.

The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick even got to keep the job in 2015 is because Geno Smith wasn't good enough to win his job back.

The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick was resigned in 2016 is because Geno Smith wasn't good enough to win his job back.  Twice.

You want to be mad?  Be mad at Geno Smith.  You want to celebrate?  Wait until we cut Geno Smith.  That's going to be a banner day.

F Geno

SAR I

There's no comparison between the two.

Fitz had a very good supporting cast, had a decade of experience, "fan" support and he still failed miserably while robbing this team and ruining seasons.  

Geno was a young kid with a horrible supporting cast and equally bad situation (coach and OC changes) just trying to learn and play.  Who then had "fans" and media turn on him.

I still want Geno here, but even if he goes, Fitz and Geno aren't comparable.

One is a career loser who ruins and robs teams.  The other is a kid trying to learn.

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

In what game did Geno ever throw 6 picks in? Stop with the Geno BS. He never had the same opportunities with the WR Corps that Futz had. 

geno easilly lost, single handedly, 6 games over his two seasons.  you can call it lack of surrounding talent or whatever but that doesn't excuse the pick sixes, strip sacks, fumbles, and just bad field decisions.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

geno easilly lost, single handedly, 6 games over his two seasons.  you can call it lack of surrounding talent or whatever but that doesn't excuse the pick sixes, strip sacks, fumbles, and just bad field decisions.

Clyde Gates and David Nelson say hello. 

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

There's no comparison between the two.

Fitz had a very good supporting cast, had a decade of experience, "fan" support and he still failed miserably while robbing this team and ruining seasons.  

Geno was a young kid with a horrible supporting cast and equally bad situation (coach and OC changes) just trying to learn and play.  Who then had "fans" and media turn on him.

I still want Geno here, but even if he goes, Fitz and Geno aren't comparable.

One is a career loser who ruins and robs teams.  The other is a kid trying to learn.

Immaterial.

Two experienced quarterbacks, same set of receivers, Fitzpatrick sets a TD record, Geno blows our season in Oakland and costs us our 11th win.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Geno was forced to start as an unprepared rookie. Futz was a seasoned flop. The comparisons are over the top and as ridiculous as those who wanted him re signed after last May. It is seriously sad that those who cried for Futz can only point to Geno trying to make somthing stick on the wall  Hilarious

Just now, SAR I said:

Immaterial.

Two experienced quarterbacks, same set of receivers, Fitzpatrick sets a TD record, Geno blows our season in Oakland and costs us our 11th win.

SAR I

Have you been drinking?  I know you're smarter than the above comment.

You think Geno playing for one game equates to Fitz having camp and the full season to practice?  Besides, Geno actually played pretty well that game.  Perfect?  No, but not bad considering.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Immaterial.

SAR I

What a memory. When did Geno play CB or S? Just stop already guy. Futz is gone and he should have never been re signed by the Jets after May 2016. 

i will say this, i wanted fitz over geno last season and i'll bet the majority of fans wanted him too.  geno made his own bed.  in hindsight the better plan would've been to let fitz walk if he wasn't signed before the ota's started.  geno was and it split the team when fitz finally did come back.

10 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Geno was forced to start as an unprepared rookie. Futz was a seasoned flop. The comparisons are over the top and as ridiculous as those who wanted him re signed after last May. It is seriously sad that those who cried for Futz can only point to Geno trying to make somthing stick on the wall  Hilarious

MANY in denial so they continue to make excuses. 

11 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Stop with the fake news.

No one cried for Fitzpatrick.  No one.  He has no fans.  I never saw a single Fitzpatrick jersey in the stadium, never saw a poster on a kids wall.  Fitzpatrick was the surprise of the 2015 season, did a great job considering his limitations.  Resigning him was necessary only because Geno Smith sucked so bad, the reason the Jets gave Fitz $12M is because when Geno Smith's your leverage you're going to pay, pay big.

F Geno.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Have you been drinking?  I know you're smarter than the above comment.

You think Geno playing for one game equates to Fitz having camp and the full season to practice?  Besides, Geno actually played pretty well that game.  Perfect?  No, but not bad considering.

Geno was a Jet for 2 full seasons and all of camp before Imikpeplai busted his jaw. 

Fitzpatrick expected to be a backup, barely knew the playbook.

Geno had 1 simple job.  Beat Oakland, put us into the playoffs.  He choked, no surprise.

Speaking of being smarter than the above comment-  Geno played well in Oakland?

SAR I

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i will say this, i wanted fitz over geno last season and i'll bet the majority of fans wanted him too.  geno made his own bed.  in hindsight the better plan would've been to let fitz walk if he wasn't signed before the ota's started.  geno was and it split the team when fitz finally did come back.

Exactly.  Jets fans wanted Fitzpatrick back only because Geno Smith was the alternative.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Geno was a Jet for 2 full seasons and all of camp before Imikpeplai busted his jaw. 

Geno had 1 simple job.  Beat Oakland, put us into the playoffs.  He choked, no surprise.

SAR I

Buffalo hurt worse. If we are talking pain. I never really expected Geno to do crap. I actually believed we could have beat fancy feet Tex and the Buffalo Jills. That one hurt, like a bunion or a pesky gouty toe. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Buffalo hurt worse. If we are talking pain. I never really expected Geno to do crap. I actually believed we could have beat fancy feet Tex and the Buffalo Jills. That one hurt, like a bunion or a pesky gouty toe. 

So you have bunions and a gouty toe?  Ever have a hemorrhoid? 

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Buffalo isn't necessary if Geno Smith takes our record-setting offense and does something with it in Oakland.

We'd have clinched a playoff spot at home in OT against the Patriots, would have rested our starters in Buffalo the next week or perhaps won the division.  Either way, Buffalo never happens if Oakland does.

F Geno

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stop with the fake news.

No one cried for Fitzpatrick.  No one.  He has no fans.  I never saw a single Fitzpatrick jersey in the stadium, never saw a poster on a kids wall.  Fitzpatrick was the surprise of the 2015 season, did a great job considering his limitations.  Resigning him was necessary only because Geno Smith sucked so bad, the reason the Jets gave Fitz $12M is because when Geno Smith's your leverage you're going to pay, pay big.

F Geno.

SAR I

the more i think about the past season the more upset i get.  geno did this.  i was giving him some credit for being thrust into the fire by rex with a limited team and felt he continued to deserve the starter's job in 2015.  in fact he was winning it until he decided to be an immature punk.  and, i can't prove it, but it is my feeling that he did very little to bring the team back together once fitz was re-signed.  if he had a beef he should have taken it up with bowles and not stirred up sheldon and/or pryor andor marshall. and much as locker room issues fall on bowles and mac, one thing people don't seem to think is bowles knows who punks are. bowles is from newark.  he's seen them in all shapes and sizes.  if bowles didn't start geno it's because he must have been a real punk.

it's going to be real interesting come march when all of the team cuts start happening.

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

i had forgotten about geno's late season start.  it kind of like when people point to bill buckner as being the reason why the dead sox lost in 86.  what they forget is the dead sox had a lead in game 7 and blew it.

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

27-42, 265yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

Not bad for no 1st team reps.

Especially when you consider what the defense allowed Carr to do.

23-36, 333yds, 4 TD

Geno wasn't the reason for that loss.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

27-42, 265yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

Not bad for no 1st team reps.

Especially when you consider what the defense allowed Carr to do.

23-36, 333yds, 4 TD

Geno wasn't the reason for that loss.

Geno couldn't move the team at all, he accounted for a whopping 3 points in the first half, his drive chart was:  Punt - Punt - Interception - Field Goal.  Then we were down 28-6 in the third quarter.  Then the Raiders went prevent.  Then Geno compiled garbage time stats.

And with a strained ligament in his hand, Ryan Fitzpatrick went on a 6-2 run after the Oakland game, Fitzmagic was born, team records were set.  

Geno cost us 2015 just like he cost us 2014 and 2013 and 2016.  

SAR I

Archived