Richardson for Romo

detectivekimble

Realistic trade.  Dallas has an interest in Richardson.  Richardson has no future in NY.  Romo has no future in Dallas.  Both guys are one hit away from being out of football.  The Jets aren't getting a high draft pick for Richardson.  Bowles and Mac may not survive another stinker and need a QB.  

Bad trade?  Good trade?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Realistic trade.  Dallas has an interest in Richardson.  Richardson has no future in NY.  Romo has no future in Dallas.  Both guys are one hit away from being out of football.  The Jets aren't getting a high draft pick for Richardson.  Bowles and Mac may not survive another stinker and need a QB.  

Bad trade?  Good trade?

Romo will not be motivated to play here. He will spend more time under barrage from the media than he will do helping this team. He should retire, we should find a top 10 QB

17 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Bad trade?  Good trade?

Well I know someone who is never going to be an NFL GM. 

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Value wise?  Probably fine but Romo is a huge injury risk and will not want to come to a dregs team like the Jets.

Value wise this is crap. 

A 26-year-old versatile DT who has the ability to be dominant vs. a broken down 36-year-old QB who has been out for most of the last three years with major injuries. 

Any GM who would propose this deal should be fired. 

If you trade Richardson, you use him to move up in the first round to get a franchise QB if you think one is there. Any other move would be a loss for the Jets. 

19 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Bad trade?  Good trade?

I wouldnt trade Richardson for a 1 year rental that may turn into a 1 game rental if he gets hurt. 

If Romo wasnt injury prone, or AS injury prone, I wouldnt have a problem with this. This "is" Tony Romo we're talking about here. But at this point this guy could get injured just being on the field at Metlife with a strong gust of wind 

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Value wise this is crap. 

A 26-year-old versatile DT who has the ability to be dominant vs. a broken down 36-year-old QB who has been out for most of the last three years with major injuries. 

If you trade Richardson, you use him to move up in the first round to get a franchise QB if you think one is there. Any other move would be a loss for the Jets. 

What exactly do you think the value is for a DL who just put up 1.5 sacks and is one bong hit away from being banned from football?

Just now, detectivekimble said:

What exactly do you think the value is for a DL who just put up 1.5 sacks and is one bong hit away from being banned from football?

A hell of lot more than a QB on the wrong side of 35 with a bum back who has missed at least 5 games after each of the last 3 plays he participated in. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

Value wise this is crap. 

Disclaimer; I like Romo alot, but we agree he makes zero sense on this team.  As for your fantasy land trade, that is a different story.

You need to come to the realization that Sheldumb's value around the league is probably a 4th or 5th... and it would require far more than just him to move up from #6.

Or you could realize that dumping Sheldumb for less than your fantasy deal is not a "loss," but rather addition by subtraction.  

Getting rid of an immature, malcontent, one slip-up from a year long suspension, lousy human being... that expects a monster contract to boot... for whatever another team's best offer is a positive.

That means you think the Jets get more for Richardson than the Cowboys get for Romo.  I don't think so.

Yes. Romo is damaged goods. He should be forced to retire. One more good hit to his back and he'll be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. 

Sheldon Richardson is a 26-year-old who still has tremendous ability.

Don't quit your day job

Just now, RoadFan said:

Disclaimer; I like Romo alot, but we agree he makes zero sense on this team.  As for your fantasy land trade, that is a different story.

You need to come to the realization that Sheldumb's value around the league is probably a 4th or 5th... and it would require far more than just him to move up from #6.

Or you could realize that dumping Sheldumb for less than your fantasy deal is not a "loss," but rather addition by subtraction.  

Getting rid of an immature, malcontent, one slip-up from a year long suspension, lousy human being... that expects a monster contract to boot... for whatever another team's best offer is a positive.

Exactly.  Richardson has little value.  I'm not talking about trading Leonard Williams for Tony Romo.

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Yes. Romo is damaged goods. He should be forced to retire. One more good hit to his back and he'll be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. 

Sheldon Richardson is a 26-year-old who still has tremendous ability.

Don't quit your day job

How much do you want to bet that the Cowboys get more for Romo than the Jets get for Richardson?

Sheldon Richardson is 26 years old. He was an All Pro just two years ago. 

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Jets could package him with the 6th pick to move up 2-4 spots in the draft to take a QB.

Romo should never be allowed to step on a football field again. He's got the back of a 90-year-old. 

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Sheldon Richardson is 26 years old. He was an All Pro just two years ago. 

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Jets could package him with the 6th pick to move up 2-4 spots in the draft to take a QB.

Romo should never be allowed to step on a football field again. He's got the back of a 90-year-old. 

You have no idea what you're talking about.  Sheldon Richardson has never been an All Pro.  

Just read some of your previous posts.

And I didn't say I would do this trade.  I said it's a realistic trade.  And it is.

No it's not.   You play Richardson at DE all season and he will make the pro bowl. 

You play Romo and he will not make the end of the season.  

Simple as you don't trade young pro bowl players for old injured players that have not finished a season in years. 

You just hate richardson and want him gone at any rate. 

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

How much you want to bet the Cowboys don't get a damned thing for Romo?

I'll bet you the Cowboys get more for Romo than the Jets get for Richardson.  Your comments about Richardson's value show how delusional you are.

What trade value? The Jets shopped Richardson at the deadline this year. They wanted a first-round pick. Both the Cowboys and Broncos were interested, but neither was willing to part with said asking price.

Richardson's trade value plummeted after news broke of his meeting tardiness. I asked a league source familiar with defensive end contracts what the Jets could  expect back in return compensation now?. 

Answer? "A year's membership to the YMCA."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/12/sheldon_richardson_should_spend_rest_of_jets_lowly.html

Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

No it's not.   You play Richardson at DE all season and he will make the pro bowl. 

You play Romo and he will not make the end of the season.  

Simple as you don't trade young pro bowl players for old injured players that have not finished a season in years. 

You just hate richardson and want him gone at any rate. 

No, I like Sheldon Richardson.  I'm just telling you that he has little trade value.  

So would I, but the Jets aren't getting a third round comp pick for Richardson.

He was a 1st rd draft pick who will get paid by someone.  He has all the talent and we know in the NFL talent trumps everything else, he will get paid.  We most likely would get the 3rd rd pick but that also depends on other cuts/additions.

21 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Value wise this is crap. 

You are forgetting a few small details:

26 year old who is going into a contract year, who is one puff away from a year long sit out, who is a total doughhead on twitter who has actually underachieved the last two years compared to his actual talent who skips meetings.

The Jets are screwed with richardson.  He is going to have a big year this year for sure, his best ever.  Why?  Because it is a 'get paid' year and if he learned one thing from Mo wilk is that you have a great year, get paid and then can loaf.

If the Jets trade him they will loo bad because he will have  a great year.  If they keep him they will have to let him go anyway becasue they can't pay mo wilk, him and Leoanrd Williams.

Jets re f'ed re Sheldon richardson.

(Oh and we have a coach who has zero clue how to use him as well.)

Archived