Richardson for Romo

detectivekimble

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

False statement.  Dallas will get more for Romo than the Jets get for Richardson.  You will see.

There's probably a fool out there who thinks they'll get lucky.  Pray it's not us.  

I'm saying right now, I'll bet SR easily plays more games moving forward than Tony Romo.

On 2/10/2017 at 3:09 PM, Klecko73isGod said:

Value wise this is crap. 

A 26-year-old versatile DT who has the ability to be dominant vs. a broken down 36-year-old QB who has been out for most of the last three years with major injuries. 

Any GM who would propose this deal should be fired. 

If you trade Richardson, you use him to move up in the first round to get a franchise QB if you think one is there. Any other move would be a loss for the Jets. 

Actally you use him to try to move up for miles Garrett. Otherwise you stay put and hope fournette is there at 6

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There's probably a fool out there who thinks they'll get lucky.  Pray it's not us.  

I'm saying right now, I'll bet SR easily plays more games moving forward than Tony Romo.

There's little doubt in my mind that Richardson will look great on his next team.  The Jets will look stupid in a year from now for trading him away.   

3 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

There's little doubt in my mind that Richardson will look great on his next team.  The Jets will look stupid in a year from now for trading him away.   

there's no doubt that sheldon is an immense talent.  whatever happened last season was not an indication of how good he can be once he gets past his attitude.

On February 10, 2017 at 0:12 PM, detectivekimble said:

What exactly do you think the value is for a DL who just put up 1.5 sacks and is one bong hit away from being banned from football?

On February 10, 2017 at 11:44 PM, Jet Nut said:

More than a QB who hasn't played in years and is one hit away from being out of football?

Romo is one hit away from a full-time wheelchair and detectivekimble is the one doing bong hits.

Romo will not be motivated to play here. He will spend more time under barrage from the media than he will do helping this team. He should retire, we should find a top 10 QB

Pretty good plan where do you suppose we will find a top 10 qb?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, jetrider said:

Romo is one hit away from a full-time wheelchair and detectivekimble is the one doing bong hits.

No, I don't have green goggles on.  I realize that Richardson has little trade value right now and that Mac and Bowles need to find a QB who can play, or they'll both be on the unemployment line soon.

4 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

No, I don't have green goggles on.  I realize that Richardson has little trade value right now and that Mac and Bowles need to find a QB who can play, or they'll both be on the unemployment line soon.

SR is a better football player than Romo.  Should give you more production.  There's no reason to give SR away.  None

18 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

You mean just like how we look brilliant for giving Wilk $100 million yet letting Snacks walk who wanted less than half the money?

10 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Sign Glennon or Tyrod Taylor and keep Sheldon Richardson.

See? That was easy.

9 hours ago, thadude said:

You mean just like how we look brilliant for giving Wilk $100 million yet letting Snacks walk who wanted less than half the money?

1. Mo didn't get 100 mil

2.  Mo has been much better than Snacks.  Should make more, Snacks is easier to replace 

8 hours ago, rammagen said:

no thank you pass because romo is old and bet up and wont last the yr behind our line

9 hours ago, thadude said:

Agree.  Romo is done, even if he's not he will last 5 minutes behind our OL

He won't last behind any OL, our OL isn't the problem.  Shlt he went down and out with the best OL in front of him.  Has played a handful of games in the last two seasons. 

On 2/10/2017 at 3:09 PM, Klecko73isGod said:

Value wise this is crap. 

A 26-year-old versatile DT who has the ability to be dominant vs. a broken down 36-year-old QB who has been out for most of the last three years with major injuries. 

Any GM who would propose this deal should be fired. 

If you trade Richardson, you use him to move up in the first round to get a franchise QB if you think one is there. Any other move would be a loss for the Jets. 

Holy crap, Romo is 36?  I forgot how old he is.  When I saw the OP I was thinking meh, but what the hell, the Jets need a QB.  Even with injury issue I thought Romo was worth a shot.  I forgot how long he's been in NFL.  No way that deal makes sense to Jets.  Dallas would jump on that trade in a heart beat, though.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Are you sure Hack could beat him out?

I think Hack would lose the job. But Hack is talented so with Sheldon Richardson at QB there is a glaring weakness at LB. So that is how Hack gets on the field next season.

On 2/16/2017 at 0:22 PM, thadude said:

1. $90 mil

2. Snacks > Mo last year and moving forward

1. 80+ mil isn't 100+ mil or 90+ mil

2.  Snacks never has been and never will be better or more important than Mo.   Only a handful of clueless fans would make the argument that a run stuffing NT is better than what Mo doesn't when healthy 

3.  Would be easier to figure out if you were one of the clueless if we knew what name you used to run around with.  Not one of these alialses 

Romo would be a good rental for a couple of years if we had an elite O-line and I'm talking top 1 or 2 in the league.  Tony is fragile.  Anything less than a top-tier O-line is a waste because he would be on IR the first quarter of the first game.  Better to pass on Romo, build an elite O-line through the draft and plug holes through free agency.  In a couple of years we would be in the market for a top-tier veteran move since we can't seem to draft a QB worth a sh*t.  At a minimum, Mangold needs to be replaced with first round talent and our LT needs to be filled by an elite player like Ferguson was in his prime.

As far as Richardson is concerned, I'm not sure anyone would give much for him.  He is too much trouble and not an elite player.

Archived