Darron Lee All rookie team

Joejet

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, KRL said:

Mock him all you want, but considering he missed 3 games and didn't start until late

in the season he showed promise:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3051398/darron-lee

This is the problem nowadays.  We're so football obsessed that we put every single play under the microscope and if somebody decides they don't like a player, they ignore anything they do well and only want to talk about any flaws/imperfections in their game.

Lee didn't have the impact many of us would have liked last season, but he did some things very well.  It's not like the guy showed up and couldn't do anything right.

He has some parts of his game that need work, but what rookie doesn't?

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This is the problem nowadays.  We're so football obsessed that we put every single play under the microscope and if somebody decides they don't like a player, they ignore anything they do well and only want to talk about any flaws/imperfections in their game.

Lee didn't have the impact many of us would have liked last season, but he did some things very well.  It's not like the guy showed up and couldn't do anything right.

He has some parts of his game that need work, but what rookie doesn't?

There's an expectation with first round picks that they'll also be special, game-changing players and there's nothing about Lee that suggests he'll ever be that. He has one unique trait--foot speed--and literally nothing else. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There's an expectation with first round picks that they'll also be special, game-changing players and there's nothing about Lee that suggests he'll ever be that. He has one unique trait--foot speed--and literally nothing else. 

He's quite the douche, so he's got that going for him also

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As I said, he's not perfect, but we did see him make some plays using a combination of anticipation and speed/burst to make a tackle.

I'm not even saying he'll justify the first-round status, but to write him off after one season of so-so production is far too premature, but that's what we do nowadays.

Picked in the first round but not perfect?  Instant "bust" label.

I don't think it helped that he was rarely called upon to get after the quarterback.  Why not let him use a combination of his speed and stature/bend to get underneath blockers on the edge to get to the QB?  Hoping we see more of that next season.

All of that being said...I would've preferred a QB in that spot.

Pro football is not a strap your chin strap rookie gonna ball league! LB is a position where knowledge let's you play fast. You don't get that knowledge overnight. Damn, it's just ridiculous this instant gratification group on here that tag guys busts before they're seasoned. 

Look around the league, no one even knew who freaking Collins was in his 1st year & than the Pats trade him in his 3rd and no can BELIEVE they traded such a great player? 

Guys make huge jumps in this league from year to year. Butler in New England was getting toasted in his time until he started learning the pro game & his position. Looked just like Lee, out of position, but then flashing a bit. I think Burris has a chance to be a very good #2 CB. If Malik Hooker drops to the Jets, the chance for us to add him to this young mix behind these LBs might be irresistible to Macc & Bowles. Some Jet fans might scream bloody murder but if could be our Thomas or Berry back there this D could be fun to watch over the next 5 years.

Lol by your logic why even have coaches then if you expect a player to be all pro right off the bat?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Pro football is not a strap your chin strap rookie gonna ball league! LB is a position where knowledge let's you play fast. You don't get that knowledge overnight. Damn, it's just ridiculous this instant gratification group on here that tag guys busts before they're seasoned. 
Look around the league, no one even knew who freaking Collins was in his 1st year & than the Pats trade him in his 3rd and no can BELIEVE they traded such a great player? 
Guys make huge jumps in this league from year to year. Butler in New England was getting toasted in his time until he started learning the pro game & his position. Looked just like Lee, out of position, but then flashing a bit. I think Burris has a chance to be a very good #2 CB. If Malik Hooker drops to the Jets, the chance for us to add him to this young mix behind these LBs might be irresistible to Macc & Bowles. Some Jet fans might scream bloody murder but if could be our Thomas or Berry back there this D could be fun to watch over the next 5 years.

You don't get it do you. Our draft picks need to be pro bowlers in year one or else we are not happy. This is how every other team does it except us.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Linebacker: Darron Lee, New York Jets

Draft position: Round 1, No. 20 overall.

Like Jones, Lee is a linebacker who thrives in a game built on speed. He has a chance to be a future star. He finished with 73 tackles -- that's a lot of tackles for someone who started just nine times (out of 13 games).

So Darron Lee, Deion Jones, and Leonard Floyd 

Archived