What other local teams do you root for?

TuscanyTile2

Football  

37 members have voted

1. 1. (if applicable) What local baseball team do you root for?

• NY Yankees
    • NY Mets
  2. 2. (if applicable) What local hockey team do you root for?

• NY Rangers
    • NY Islanders
    • NJ Devils
  3. 3. (if applicable) What local basketball team do you root for?

• NY Knicks
    • Brooklyn Nets
  4. 4. Are you a Jets/Mets/Rangers/Knicks Fan (like me) by any chance? (although I might be done w/ the Knicks for good at this point)

• Yes
    • No

Jets, mets, nets and devils but to tell you the truth I only watch football, maybe 3 baseball games a year, 2 or so basketball games a year and probably no hockey unless nothing else is on.  Football is the only real sport and I'd rather subscribe and listen to Sirius NFL radio all year than pay attention to any other sports. I'd rather listen to an hour of browns talk than listen to something about the mets. 

I live in Alabama and started liking the Jets because of Joe Namath, in MLB, I like the Pirates because my dad and uncles were all from Pittsburgh, I like the Hawks in the NBA because they're the closest team, and I don't really like any NHL teams.  I like Chelsea in the English Premier League because some random cabbie in London told me once that I should be a Chelsea fan. 

As I get older, MLB has grown more boring and tedious.If someone drops tickets on me, great. But not going out of my way to go, and haven't sat down and watched a game in at least 3 seasons.  Have played fantasy/roto forever, but it's morphed more into a gambling proposition. Last player I cared about was Mo Rivera; the best at what he did ever and a genuinely great guy. His retirement was a break of sorts. 

The NBA is an apparel/sneaker concern affiliated with a basketball league. Clear while MLB has gone overboard about testing for PEDs, the NBA is either not testing at all or telling the players on the sly when the tests will be. 

Readily acknowledge NBA and MLB players are extraordinary athletes. But sit through 4 hours of Sawx/Yanks or Melo iso for 2 + hours;  I cannot. At some point, may be not soon,  soccer is gonna get it right in the US.  And then those 2 leagues are going to be in very big trouble. 

Down to the Rangers and the Jets. 

12 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Jets, Knicks, Mets, Rangers

Steelers until age 7

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Me too, the fan of only losers...at 55 I have seen the 73 Knicks, 86 Mets, 94 Rangers and that is it for titles for me. If you divide that by the number of games I have watched in proportion to Championships, the number is equal to the amount of Stars in the Universe.

Just missed you on the mets.  I guess im an underdog type of guy.  Growing up on LI in the early 80s it was the mets and isles that ruled the roost.

These days i harbor no grudges against the other NY teams, been in FL too long I guess.  I root for the bucs and bolts when they dont play the jets and rangers, respectively.  Also, the rays won me over the way madden had them playing.  He took a minor league roster and made them competitive.  Still Yankees all the way, cant wait to enjoy a spring training game at Steinbrenner field.

I clicked Devils, but I'm really not into Hockey at all, I went to a few games as a kid.

I was a Knicks fan, but after Isiah, and the way basketball is now, I just gave up on the sport entirely.   The Knicks make me feel good about being a Jets fan.  People don't like Woody, but imagine if the Dolan's had bought the club?

Always like the Yankees, I went to my first game in 83 I think.

Archived