Hypothetical Richardson trade?

Freeman24

lol.... lol.... lol..... not...... a........ chance.

You wouldn't have to trade Sheldon to Cleveland for Gordon.

Gordon is probably done and not coming back, even if he gets re-instated and has any issue i wouldn't be surprised if he got banned from the league.

48 minutes ago, Freeman24 said:

With Mac mentioning last week that he could be aquiring players of questionable character, could there be a possibility of trading Sheldon Richardson for wr Josh Gordon, if and when he's reinstated by the NFL?

1) I could be wrong but Mcc didn't say that. Mehta did. I don't recall seeing any quote from Mcc last week or last month regarding this.

2) No way you go near Gordon..He's not even questionable character. His character is known

19 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

hopefully macc can pull off a mid 2nd rounder and take an extra CB or even a 3rd and get that OT Garcia - I would be happy with either outcome.

Fine by me. He should just do it quickly before the inevitable off-field trouble he's going to get into, or unhelpful comments he's going to make, between now and the draft.

1 hour ago, Freeman24 said:

With Mac mentioning last week that he could be aquiring players of questionable character, could there be a possibility of trading Sheldon Richardson for wr Josh Gordon, if and when he's reinstated by the NFL?

When did Macc say this? Lol

Hint, he didn't say it

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Fine by me. He should just do it quickly before the inevitable off-field trouble he's going to get into, or unhelpful comments he's going to make, between now and the draft.

no doubt..the kid is a malcontent know it all with an IQ no better than tweety bird...dangerous combo

If Richardson is traded it needs to be for a draft pick. I think they would be lucky if they got a 3rd rounder for him. If they can get a higher pick I would be surprised but grateful. This teams needs are so great stockpiling draft picks and getting out from under cap killing contracts need to be the priority. Trade as many vets as possible and/or release as many to get cap relief. Anything else is foolishness.

You can then release Marshall or Decker and that will clear $16 or 17 million of much needed cap space. I did say hypothetical

You'd have to release both of them+ more to clear that much cap space. Releasing both would save $13,250,000 against the cap (incldes the $3 million in Decker dead money).

Marshall's salary and cap hit is $7,500,000.  If he is cut, there would be zero dead money, so Jets can save the full $7,500,000 for the cap.   Decker's salary is $7,250,000 with an $8,750,000 cap hit.  But if he is cut, there would be a $3,000,000 dead money cap hit left over from his original signing bonus.  

Cutting Marshall saves $7,500,000 against the cap

Cutting Decker saves $5,750,000  against the cap 

31 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You'd have to release both of them+ more to clear that much cap space. Releasing both would save $13,250,000 against the cap (incldes the $3 million in Decker dead money).

Marshall's salary and cap hit is $7,500,000.  If he is cut, there would be zero dead money, so Jets can save the full $7,500,000 for the cap.   Decker's salary is $7,250,000 with an $8,750,000 cap hit.  But if he is cut, there would be a $3,000,000 dead money cap hit left over from his original signing bonus.  

Cut them both bring in Josh Gordon Macc wants bad boys lets do this!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cut them both bring in Josh Gordon Macc wants bad boys lets do this!!!!!!!

LOL.  No.

Neither should be cut. They are not that expensive and the young QBs absolutely need veteran presence at WR

Everyone is talking about Gordon's character, last I heard he was in rehab. Sheldon is 1 strike away from a year also!

1) But SRich isn't

2) I could be wrong but SRich was suspended for two different violations. The 1st was for the failed drug test. The 2nd was personal code of contact (non-domestic violence). So I'm not sure a 2nd strike for either produces a year suspension. Again I could be wrong

3) So trade SRich for something other than someone that has barely seen a field in 3 seasons

4) IF IF IF IF you want Gordon (why would anyone) why give up an asset? Wait for his pending release.

5) Jets have more pressing needs than WR.

But the reality is that, save for that 14-game stretch in 2013, Gordon has done nothing on or off the field to earn such loyalty from Browns fans. If by some miracle Gordon were to be reinstated, make it through training camp, and line up for the Browns at wide receiver in Week 1, it will have been 33 months since he last appeared in an NFL game that mattered.

One of the biggest assets that a player can provide a team is reliability, and by any standard imaginable Gordon has failed in that department

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/02/14/cleveland-browns-josh-gordon-2/

2 hours ago, Freeman24 said:

Everyone is talking about Gordon's character, last I heard he was in rehab. Sheldon is 1 strike away from a year also!

You say that like it is a positive.  

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

If by some miracle Gordon were to be reinstated, make it through training camp, and line up for the Browns at wide receiver in Week 1, it will have been 33 months since he last appeared in an NFL game that mattered.

It's the Browns, has he ever played in an NFL game that mattered?

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I said either or Decker or Marshall, couple Richardsons cap hit and it's pretty close

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

1) But SRich isn't

2) I could be wrong but SRich was suspended for two different violations. The 1st was for the failed drug test. The 2nd was personal code of contact (non-domestic violence). So I'm not sure a 2nd strike for either produces a year suspension. Again I could be wrong

3) So trade SRich for something other than someone that has barely seen a field in 3 seasons

4) IF IF IF IF you want Gordon (why would anyone) why give up an asset? Wait for his pending release.

5) Jets have more pressing needs than WR.

But the reality is that, save for that 14-game stretch in 2013, Gordon has done nothing on or off the field to earn such loyalty from Browns fans. If by some miracle Gordon were to be reinstated, make it through training camp, and line up for the Browns at wide receiver in Week 1, it will have been 33 months since he last appeared in an NFL game that mattered.

One of the biggest assets that a player can provide a team is reliability, and by any standard imaginable Gordon has failed in that department

I said Sheldon is one strike away from suspension! Reality is, the Jets are not going to get much for Richardson, He makes 8 mil., he's a bad egg and the new team will have to give him a new contract. I say they don't get more than a 5th round pick and if thats the case just keep him. they will get a compensatory pick for him that will be a 3rd or 4th.

Archived