Quick fixes for success this season

Gee Andrezzi

16 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay but you do realize that he started 11 appeared in 14 games and threw a total of 17 ints.  take away the 6 and that 11 in 10 starts and 4 appearance.  fitz' ints weren't what did this team in.  he's gone so we should just move on.

Fitz was historically awful when the season still mattered

After that he was below mediocre

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, varjet said:

2 Thoughts here:

1-Logically and long-term, starting Hack is the right thing to do.   He was drafted high to at least compete to play.  He has only 3 years left on his cheap contract.  If he starts, the Jets get an accurate reading of the team they have.  If he stinks, then they draft very high and get another chance at a QB in a QB-rich 2018 draft.  If he is good the Jets pick lower and continue to be good.

If rather than Hack some washed up Vet plays, the Jets still stink but win too many games,   They don't get the long term QB, and the cycle continues.

So they should sleep in the bed they made, play Hack and Petty (and a vet emergency back up) and see how they do.

2-this thread shows how hard it will be for the Jets' "Braintrust" to figure out who stays and who goes.

Exactly what I meant by starting Hack. Worst case scenario we suck like everybody expects us to suck anyway and get a TALENTED QB in the 2018 draft where the real talent for QB is

53 minutes ago, rangerous said:

they didn't go 5-11 because of the vets they signed.  they were that bad because of the locker room feud between sheldon and brandon and all of the bs in between.

So Skrine and Revis are worth the money? They went 5-11 because they looked good playing against mediocre teams and the front office thought they were good to go. They were never as good as 10-6 in this league and were blinded by that record. They do this all the time too. Not just 2 seasons ago but they have repeated the same mistakes over and over again yet they keep doing it. If the "feud" had anything to do with their sorry season then its just another reason to blow it up. The formula is not working so its time to change that formula. What the Jets are doing is the very definition of insanity. Stockpile draft picks and build that way. The other way has been proven time and time again not to work. What more proof do you need?

45 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

So Skrine and Revis are worth the money? They went 5-11 because they looked good playing against mediocre teams and the front office thought they were good to go. They were never as good as 10-6 in this league and were blinded by that record. They do this all the time too. Not just 2 seasons ago but they have repeated the same mistakes over and over again yet they keep doing it. If the "feud" had anything to do with their sorry season then its just another reason to blow it up. The formula is not working so its time to change that formula. What the Jets are doing is the very definition of insanity. Stockpile draft picks and build that way. The other way has been proven time and time again not to work. What more proof do you need?

worth the money?  who is? the thing is they were much better in 2015.  in 2016 skrine was playing out of position and revis came into camp out of shape (and probably with a bit of an attitude). and if you look back on the season the way it unfolded they could've easily been 5-5 at the break.  but they weren't.  if they are still doing the "same thing" it's because they are trying to win.  if fitz was a better qb they might have made the playoffs.

i'm not for going out and getting a bunch of free agents but the way idzik whiffed on two drafts means the talent has to come from somewhere.  and you can go the draft pick route but then you can also be another cleveland that changes coaches like they change shirts but also have very high draft picks each season.

I am going to go out on a limb here, but it would appear that, decision by decision, the Jets appear to be trying to do things the right way, for now.

We will know more in the coming weeks, but they have hired an experienced hard core OC, an experienced QB coach, and extra QB coach, Kevin Greene, and DL coach that coached the Giants Super Bowl team and extra S&C coach and signed Brian Winters to a fair 4 year deal.   Not getting lured into the Clady trap (which his agent tried to set) appears to be another example of this.  

Fingers crossed, but we must say no to Cutler and Romo.  

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell do you do this. You cannot let a rookie unproven QB or even a proven NFL QB have a WR corps that exists of J.Marshall,Devin Smith,Robbie Anderson and Charone Peake this would be a repeat of the year they did this to Geno Smith. NO WAY IN HELL

I....I..agree with you.  We actually agree o Oh my, lol.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Respect the effort, but some disagreements.

1. No.  Cut Revis.  Sign BAP-FA that can be signed for materially less $$.

2. No.  Retain Marshall/Decker for 2017.  Young QB's will need both, the kid WR's aren't ready or good enough yet.

3. Agree, Mangold isn't going anywhere, his backup is not half as good as he is yet.

4. Agree, but doubt the team does it.  Not enough firepower in Draft/FA to replace them (the team likely thinks).

5. No.  Not gonna happen in 2017.  Maybe 2018 tho.

6. No.  Pryor is fine for now.  Can't fix everything and should force it to try and do so.

7. No.  A Safety at #6?  Are you kidding me?  Impact player of Offense of GTFO.  Starting QB.  Elite-level #1 RB.  All-World 10+ Year O-Lineman.  A Safety?  Ugh.

8.  Agree, I suppose.  A mid-round pick of a rusher LB is fine.   

9. No.  Absolutely not.  The kid was pure sh*t in 2016, and we have no evidence he is ready in any form to even play in preseason in 2017.  Petty, Hack and someone else (Draft Pick, young FA) can compete for the job, and winner plays.

10. Agreed, Skrine has been a huge disappointment, but replacing all the CB's in one offseason will be very hard.  

11. Agree.  Forte is horrible, no matter what his defenders here say.  He's a worn-out runner only decent between the 20's.  And he was horrible misused here last year too.  Either keep as a pure 3rd down pass catcher back, or cut him, but he cannot be the 1st/2nd down Runner.  Hell no.  Powell is fine....but expect him hurt by Week 10 as a #1, thats his MO thus far in his career, can't handle the abuse.  

1. agree. Cut him if he doesn't want a pay cut,let him go and see if there's a market for him lol

2. disagree. We are not resigning b. Marshall after next year so what's the point in delaying the inevitable? And He's dropped so many balls that could've been 1st downs this season smh. Decker I could see maybe keeping but he might be injury prone this year and to top it off the cap hit won't even be a lot for cutting him now. With john Morton as our OC our offensive scheme will look a lot different from chan Gailey's. and to top it off our WR's proved they can make plays this year with or without bad QB play. Check their stats

5. Why not? Brandon shell played pretty decent for a mid-round pick an first time starter. At least gaining some game experience will help him develop for 2018 and the future

6. Disagree. Pryor has already hit his ceiling of potential: big hitter who doesn't tackle good, and is beyond bad in coverage. Cut your losses with him and move on while his value is somewhat decent. At least gain a draft pick for him

7. We shouldn't be taking something we don't actually need so high in the draft. That's the bad move to rebuild. Whether it's competitively rebuilding or complete blowup. What QB is worth being a 6th overall pick honestly? Watson?...he's thrown 28 int's in 2 seasons and he played in the freaking ACC lol he is a great dual threat but not worth 6th pick. Trubisky? Hell no that will be a typical jets move to overdraft another QB after we overreacted Hack. I agree with possibly fournette but people shouldn't be comparing him to zeke..zeke got drafted by a team with the most physically dominant o-line in maybe the last 20 years. Fournette will be running behind our jacked up o-line. That's pointless to draft him when we really don't need a rb. He'll be beat up and worn out by the time our team could compete in the future. Grab the possible player that fills a need for our team now. And that's either safety or corner. There's plenty of corners to choose from that are big, physical and athletic so we could wait until the later rounds. Hooker is a prototype ball hawk at 6'2" with great athleticism. And obi is a 6'4", 220 tackling machine. Grab what you need for the future not what you want. Grabbing what you want is what John idzik did and look at the mess he made with his draft picks

9. We played petty and saw that he's not our future starter so let's give hack the Same opportunity. a 2nd rd pick is too high to waste and pointless by not even playing him a couple games. I agree with signing a veteran if it's a cheap deal. We shouldn't be throwing big bucks at Mike glennon or chase Daniel when we already know he's not the answer..that'll also be a typical jets move. We could try out nick foles possibly cause at least he has a proven track record. Get mahones or Davis Webb in the later rounds and see who wins in training camp. We might suck this year so I'm fine with waiting for 2018 to get the real QB we want as that draft will have plenty of QB talent

10. I'd rather resign Marcus Williams to a cheap deal than keep skrine. Williams led the team in int's in 2015 and was pretty decent on the outside the last couple years. Skrine on the other hand is severely bad and can't play physical at his size without getting flagged. Plus we have juston Burris, he can be a prototype CB with the right development and he played pretty decent when he got the chance near the end of the season. I'll take my chances with Burris,and whoever we draft at corner and maybe sign somebody in the Free agency

11. I agree on Powell but he had 1000 scrimmage yards and he didn't get starter reps until like week 13. He was producing with a bad beat up o-line. Not just producing, he was carrying our offense every time he touched the ball. Bring in an insurance policy RB either in the draft or free agency and maybe keep forte but forte will be gone soon his deal was short and cheap so really no harm with his cap hit by cutting him now or keeping him

do what Seattle did and build your team piece by piece starting with the weakest link on your team which is the DB's. then focus on your LB's, then the QB. And then the OL. The DL is good for at least another 5 years. Having a marginal at best QB with a solid defense can win games in the league. We can fix our defense in this draft alone. There's so much talent at DB and LB. we have receivers to at least build and develop already. Worry about the QB and OL in next years draft if hackenburg is not the answer and we can have a Young competitive team in 2-3 years

remember Tom Brady was a late draft pick and Russell Wilson and dak Prescott were 3rd rounders. You don't know what a player can do until he really gets put in game situations. I'm sure New England never expected Brady to be this good as a late draft pick. Same thing with Russell and dak they just happened to be good game managers that knew how to win games. Hackenburg might be a good fit in John morton's new offense. Chan gailey's offense is a difficult concept offense that doesn't utilize tight ends. It requires you to think more than just react and throw. Hack has a big arm and just has to work on his accuracy. Cam newton has a big arm but still is inaccurate at this point in his career check his stats if you don't believe me. cam has 2 6'5" receivers and struggles to hit them consistently. They just built the offense around his strengths which is his legs and athleticism. Cater to hack's strengths which is his big throwing arm. Gailey offense is based on intermediate throws more than attacking downfield. Give hack a chance he might be a competent starter. Or not but at least give him the same chances that petty got. 

I take a contrarian view on a bunch of this sh*t, but... IF Brandon Shell isn't ready to start now, he probably never will. They should bring in more bodies, but they should be cheap. He did start and wasn't bad. Forte is not going anywhere. He costs as much to cut as to keep. You don't like the deal? Complain about it. You don't want the player? You'll have to wait.

Wait, I have a better idea. Why not sign Fitz then trade him to Cleveland for the #1 pick. Hey they need a QB right?

Some of these ideas are so ridiculous they have to make you laugh, Calvin the stiff Pryor for a #2 "At least". You have to be kidding. Why do Jet fans always think someone out there will overpay and get ripped off for our flotsam? Anything above a 5 or 6 for Pryor would be a huge score IMO

There is not enough fire power at receiver without Marshall and Decker. Anderson is more likely a JAG then he is an above average player. His ceiling is a capable deep threat IMO.

Even if the Jets want to be competitive this upcoming season they are going to have to cut players in order to help achieve that goal. I don't think receiver is the place to do that.

I'd keep Marshall and Decker with Enunwa as the 3 and let Anderson and Devin Smith battle it out for that deep threat spot with Jalin Marshall in the picture as well. The Jets are going to have to have fire power of offense if they want to succeed. That's what they had in 2015. Give the next Vet QB weapons to make his job easier. I'd love to have B. Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Bilal Powell, and lets say Fornette or even Cook for our next QB to get the ball to. That would give a veteran QB with flaws the best scenario to be successful in.

I'd move on from Revis, Clady, and Breno. Let Shell start at RT and try and find a capable LT either via the draft or potentially in FA. The Jets are going to need two starting corners as well. They got to trade Sheldon and get value for him. They may even have to end up cutting one of Marshall or Decker (probably Marshall) to create enough cap room to make the necessary moves to put a competitive team on the field next season.

I'm all for building for the future at this point but Maac and Bowles don't have that time. It's just not realistic right now. They need to produce wins in order to keep their jobs. That's why I'm really hoping someone like Tyrod Taylor becomes available. Because he's a young, talented QB who could help them win now and grow with the team.

28 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Wait, I have a better idea. Why not sign Fitz then trade him to Cleveland for the #1 pick. Hey they need a QB right?

Some of these ideas are so ridiculous they have to make you laugh, Calvin the stiff Pryor for a #2 "At least". You have to be kidding. Why do Jet fans always think someone out there will overpay and get ripped off for our flotsam? Anything above a 5 or 6 for Pryor would be a huge score IMO

Lol ok Maybe Pryor was a reach for #2 draft pick. But you don't think a team like Oakland/New Orleans/or even The chargers maybe would take Pryor for a 4th rounder? hes still young even though his ceiling potential is very low.  You could possibly package Pryor and Sheldon Richardson together depending on what you would expect back? But for those two I would take any draft pick and whatever cash considerations anyone would be willing to send.

23 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I would keep Revis over Marshall every damn day and twice on Sunday. 

They are both cancerous sh*t heads who quit on this team and shouldnt be on the roster next season...but if this was a gun to head type decision, I'd agree. 

7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Because....He sucks?

I know it is not popular, but IMO Revis will bounce back, can be a very effective free safety and is the kind of guy you want younger guys to emulate as far as preparation.  They both had bad years and I would look to save money on both, but IMO Marshall is much more of a problem than people realize, Revis has more dead money and I would rather spend my money on him than Marshall. Cut both or neither, but if I am only cutting one it is Marshall.  Please spare me the "he's a afraid to tackle and the he lost a step" talk.  That may be the case, but I think he will bounce back.  If it were up to me it would probably be somewhere else, but if it is, Marshall can join him there. 

18 hours ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

1. Keep revis only if he takes a pay cut (not to play safety; #2 corner if not then #3) he can help mold young cb's like juston Burris and whoever we select in the draft

2. Cut Marshall, decker (there's enough WR firepower with enunwa and Anderson) possibly pickup victor cruz on a vet-minimum deal;he wants to stay in NY,and if he plays well and injury-free then resign him after next year

3. Keep nick mangold and David Harris only if they take pay cuts (as veterans they can help mold the young guys at their position for the future; and finish their careers on a high note)

4. Cut giacomini and clady (we can pay bums off the street to do the production they did and not lose value at all)

5. Make Brandon shell the starting RT

6. Trade Calvin Pryor for at least a 2nd-rd pick in 2017 draft

7. Draft FS Malik Hooker with the #6 pick, Draft SS Obi Melifonwu In the 2nd-rd and let them learn and develop as the starters from day one and for the future (obi can be the next Kam chancellor if he develops right, and Hooker is a playmaking, athletic prototype FS like ed reed; both can be stars in 2-3 years)

8. Draft another edge rusher in the 3rd or 4th rounds in case Lorenzo maudlin isn't the answer (Jordan Jenkins looks like he will be a quality OLB for the future) plus Kevin Greene will help this position group alot

9. Let Hackenburg start from day one ( if he isn't the answer at QB at least we know and can find way better QB talent in 2018 draft) possibly draft MAHONES in the 4th round if he's still there

10. Cut buster skrine (he had a horrible year even for a bad cb's standards) and he doesn't fit the mold that Todd Bowles likes for his corners; he's very small and not good in 1-on-1 down field coverage

11. Cut Matt forte and let bilal Powell be the bell-cow starter and find a backup for him (Powell earned it and he had a monster end of the season behind a pretty bad and injured o-line) plus Powell is a more explosive version of forte at this point and can do everything forte does including catch the ball well

Pretty sure this is Bowles.

18 hours ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

1. Keep revis only if he takes a pay cut (not to play safety; #2 corner if not then #3) he can help mold young cb's like juston Burris and whoever we select in the draft

2. Cut Marshall, decker (there's enough WR firepower with enunwa and Anderson) possibly pickup victor cruz on a vet-minimum deal;he wants to stay in NY,and if he plays well and injury-free then resign him after next year

3. Keep nick mangold and David Harris only if they take pay cuts (as veterans they can help mold the young guys at their position for the future; and finish their careers on a high note)

4. Cut giacomini and clady (we can pay bums off the street to do the production they did and not lose value at all)

5. Make Brandon shell the starting RT

6. Trade Calvin Pryor for at least a 2nd-rd pick in 2017 draft

7. Draft FS Malik Hooker with the #6 pick, Draft SS Obi Melifonwu In the 2nd-rd and let them learn and develop as the starters from day one and for the future (obi can be the next Kam chancellor if he develops right, and Hooker is a playmaking, athletic prototype FS like ed reed; both can be stars in 2-3 years)

8. Draft another edge rusher in the 3rd or 4th rounds in case Lorenzo maudlin isn't the answer (Jordan Jenkins looks like he will be a quality OLB for the future) plus Kevin Greene will help this position group alot

9. Let Hackenburg start from day one ( if he isn't the answer at QB at least we know and can find way better QB talent in 2018 draft) possibly draft MAHONES in the 4th round if he's still there

10. Cut buster skrine (he had a horrible year even for a bad cb's standards) and he doesn't fit the mold that Todd Bowles likes for his corners; he's very small and not good in 1-on-1 down field coverage

11. Cut Matt forte and let bilal Powell be the bell-cow starter and find a backup for him (Powell earned it and he had a monster end of the season behind a pretty bad and injured o-line) plus Powell is a more explosive version of forte at this point and can do everything forte does including catch the ball well

1. No - cut Revis and free up some cap space

2. No - having veterean consistent talents at receiver guarantee's at least some sort of production from the QB position

3. Fine - depending on the fitness of both

4 & 5. Agreed & Ijalana on the left side or a mid round pick

6. Who in their right mind would give us a second round pick for Pryor given his inability to play in coverage, will end up having to trade him for a 6th/7th or a conditional pick

7 & 8. Malik hooker in the first, Teez tabor in the second if he's available... then some offensive line depth

9. Open QB competition between Petty Hack & a Vet. Hack needs to prove in camp that he can win that job

10. Skrine is a waste of space and money

11. I'd keep Forte, but have more of a 50/50 split. Good to keep a vet pass catching RB option around whoever is at QB

Even with all of that 3-13 is probably as good as it gets though............

35 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

There is not enough fire power at receiver without Marshall and Decker. Anderson is more likely a JAG then he is an above average player. His ceiling is a capable deep threat IMO.

Even if the Jets want to be competitive this upcoming season they are going to have to cut players in order to help achieve that goal. I don't think receiver is the place to do that.

I'd keep Marshall and Decker with Enunwa as the 3 and let Anderson and Devin Smith battle it out for that deep threat spot with Jalin Marshall in the picture as well. The Jets are going to have to have fire power of offense if they want to succeed. That's what they had in 2015. Give the next Vet QB weapons to make his job easier. I'd love to have B. Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Bilal Powell, and lets say Fornette or even Cook for our next QB to get the ball to. That would give a veteran QB with flaws the best scenario to be successful in.

I'd move on from Revis, Clady, and Breno. Let Shell start at RT and try and find a capable LT either via the draft or potentially in FA. The Jets are going to need two starting corners as well. They got to trade Sheldon and get value for him. They may even have to end up cutting one of Marshall or Decker (probably Marshall) to create enough cap room to make the necessary moves to put a competitive team on the field next season.

I'm all for building for the future at this point but Maac and Bowles don't have that time. It's just not realistic right now. They need to produce wins in order to keep their jobs. That's why I'm really hoping someone like Tyrod Taylor becomes available. Because he's a young, talented QB who could help them win now and grow with the team.

I see what your saying but I disagree. If it's a toss up decision between b. Marshall and decker? I'd keep Marshall cause the fact that he can possibly attract double teams. Which leaves our other players in 1-on-1. Decker is definitely The more sure handed option though. But he's coming off 2 major surgeries..at 30 years old? That's a risk I don't see the point in taking if we are seriously rebuilding. And Marshall won't be resigned after his contract is done so why keep him a extra year if we're rebuilding and he's a hotheaded cancer anyway? Best bet is cut them both now. Enunwa and Anderson are both capable of beating single coverage battles. They did it all year with bad QB play. Jalin Marshall can be similar to Jeremy kerley in the slot and Peake is 6'3" he has supreme potential and he's a speedster too. Take chances with the youth. You can rebuild the team and still compete within 2 years by 2018-2019 just do it smart. Build the defense in this years draft. Your DL is set for 5 years, your LB's are almost done (draft Harris replacement next year, maybe this year if you can find a diamond in the rough in the later rds, and this year will tell if mauldin is the answer at OLB. Darron Lee and Jordan Jenkins are the present and future) and fix your dbs this year. If our defense didn't suck we would've still went 8-8 with a bad QB. The QB will be fixed by next year draft if HACK isn't the answer.

7 minutes ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

I see what your saying but I disagree. If it's a toss up decision between b. Marshall and decker? I'd keep Marshall cause the fact that he can possibly attract double teams. Which leaves our other players in 1-on-1. Decker is definitely The more sure handed option though. But he's coming off 2 major surgeries..at 30 years old? That's a risk I don't see the point in taking if we are seriously rebuilding. And Marshall won't be resigned after his contract is done so why keep him a extra year if we're rebuilding and he's a hotheaded cancer anyway? Best bet is cut them both now. Enunwa and Anderson are both capable of beating single coverage battles. They did it all year with bad QB play. Jalin Marshall can be similar to Jeremy kerley in the slot and Peake is 6'3" he has supreme potential and he's a speedster too. Take chances with the youth. You can rebuild the team and still compete within 2 years by 2018-2019 just do it smart. Build the defense in this years draft. Your DL is set for 5 years, your LB's are almost done (draft Harris replacement next year, maybe this year if you can find a diamond in the rough in the later rds, and this year will tell if mauldin is the answer at OLB. Darron Lee and Jordan Jenkins are the present and future) and fix your dbs this year. If our defense didn't suck we would've still went 8-8 with a bad QB. The QB will be fixed by next year draft if HACK isn't the answer.

The thing is, Bowles and Maac aren't looking to rebuild the team in the way I think you want to rebuild it. They can't. They'll lose their jobs. In my perfect scenario I would cut a large portion of the vets, go into Training Camp with Petty, Hack, and maybe another mid round QB battling it out for the starters job and take your chances. We have the 6th pick in the draft this year and should be able to land an elite talent, and if next season is bad we'll have a top pick in a deeper QB class and can maybe draft our QB of the future for real.

But Maac and Bowles aren't living in that world right now. If the Jets go 4-12 next season they are going to both be fired. They're not going to sacrifice their jobs at the expense of helping the Jets in the long run which is why this past season was such a disaster. They have to add young talented FA's who can grow with the team and they have to draft well in April this year. And they got to find somebody who can be capable at the QB position. That's why I'd keep Marshall and Decker if I can. To make the QB's job easier. Because most likely, no matter who we sign, he's going to be someone whose flawed.

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The thing is, Bowles and Maac aren't looking to rebuild the team in the way I think you want to rebuild it. They can't. They'll lose their jobs. In my perfect scenario I would cut a large portion of the vets, go into Training Camp with Petty, Hack, and maybe another mid round QB battling it out for the starters job and take your chances. We have the 6th pick in the draft this year and should be able to land an elite talent, and if next season is bad we'll have a top pick in a deeper QB class and can maybe draft our QB of the future for real.

But Maac and Bowles aren't living in that world right now. If the Jets go 4-12 next season they are going to both be fired. They're not going to sacrifice their jobs at the expense of helping the Jets in the long run which is why this past season was such a disaster. They have to add young talented FA's who can grow with the team and they have to draft well in April this year. And they got to find somebody who can be capable at the QB position. That's why I'd keep Marshall and Decker if I can. To make the QB's job easier. Because most likely, no matter who we sign, he's going to be someone whose flawed.

I agree they aren't going to risk their jobs. I actually love Bowles as a coach. Very similar to belichick in his demeanor and media handling. But his decision making is suspect. That game against Pittsburgh might've been one of the dumbest games I've ever seen a coach make calls for. But again, we had a pretty rough schedule this season and we still could've easily went 8-8 if not for Fitzpatrick, skrine and revis completely falling off a cliff. There's now way our db's will be as bad as they were last year. So Build the defense this year and we can compete then find our franchise QB in 2018 draft. We looked a lot worse than 5-11 this season. We should've been 2-14 based on fitzpatrick's play alone and our dbs being horrible. I don't see us going 4-12 with the  schedule of teams we'll be playing this year.

17 hours ago, August said:

No more quick fixes let's rebuild this team for once. 

No "rebuilding" in the NFL 

If you told anyone in 2000 the following year the pats would win the first of 5 Super Bowls they would have laughed at you and said they were at least 5 years away from being competituve

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

We could MOST definitely get a 2nd, if not a 1st for Calvin Pryor, as long as we threw in Leonard Williams....

Lol funny.. but if we threw in Sheldon Richardson...?? that opens the door for a team maybe like the chargers/maybe New Orleans/ Detroit who desperately need plenty of defensive help across the board. 

34 minutes ago, thadude said:

If you told anyone in 2000 the following year the pats would win the first of 5 Super Bowls they would have laughed at you and said they were at least 5 years away from being competituve

Exactly. Same thing with the Seahawks. They went from nothing to something special in the blink of an eye, all because they revamped the defense and had a QB in Russell Wilson who could not only manage the game but play not to lose. Look at Alex smith lol, he's marginally average at best but he plays not to lose and relies on the defense. Hackenburg can just be ok enough and this whole thing goes from a "rebuild" to a 10-6 team if the defense is back to a 2015 respectable level

1 hour ago, thadude said:

It doesn't matter what they did. For one they had Bledsoe AND they had a future hall of fame QB waiting in the wings on their roster. We don't have a quarterback and we have a bunch of past their prime vets at the end of their careers making a ton of money. We need to get younger and actually develop some young talent. No more quick fixes. We've been doing that for years and every time it ends the same way. 

20 hours ago, rangerous said:

probably right.  the best they can do is hope he returns to the player he was in 2015 and then hope he can improve from there.

This always makes me laugh... and angry.  Pryor sucked in 2015 too.  You just weren't savvy enough to see it.

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This always makes me laugh... and angry.  Pryor sucked in 2015 too.  You just weren't savvy enough to see it.

please.  pryor hasn't shown to be the greatest safety but he was much better in 2015 than 2014.  he took a huge step backwards last season.  as a matter of fact, he was missed during the games he missed in 2015.

32 minutes ago, August said:

It doesn't matter what they did. For one they had Bledsoe AND they had a future hall of fame QB waiting in the wings on their roster. We don't have a quarterback and we have a bunch of past their prime vets at the end of their careers making a ton of money. We need to get younger and actually develop some young talent. No more quick fixes. We've been doing that for years and every time it ends the same way. 

But your missing the point...NOBODY knew at the time that Brady was gonna be  this elite lol..literally NOBODY lol. My quick fix isn't even a quick fix it's a quick reset that focuses on improving the defense now (defense is what this draft's talent is full of) and allowing hack to prove himself with although young but talented group of receivers. Don't judge a QB based off his first preseason. Hack's freshman year at penn state he played great under bill o'brien's pro system. That same system is what Brock osweiler is struggling in right now lol. Maybe Hack wasn't right for Gailey's system? ? Everybody was screaming for Bryce petty once fitztragic showed his face again. And look what that showed us about petty. Not a damn thing to be hopeful about lol

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Exactly he just wasn't exposed as much in Rex's system as he was in Bowles system. His ceiling has been reached he's a big hitter who misses tackles and sucks in coverage. Let that man go and get some type of draft pick for him. Hell, I'll  take a 4th or 5th rounder for him. He just looks better than he is cause john idzik's draft picks were all so bad besides enunwa lol

8 minutes ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

But your missing the point...NOBODY knew at the time that Brady was gonna be  this elite lol..literally NOBODY lol. My quick fix isn't even a quick fix it's a quick reset that focuses on improving the defense now (defense is what this draft's talent is full of) and allowing hack to prove himself with although young but talented group of receivers. Don't judge a QB based off his first preseason. Hack's freshman year at penn state he played great under bill o'brien's pro system. That same system is what Brock osweiler is struggling in right now lol. Maybe Hack wasn't right for Gailey's system? ? Everybody was screaming for Bryce petty once fitztragic showed his face again. And look what that showed us about petty. Not a damn thing to be hopeful about lol

I agree, everyones screaming, offense, offense, offense, look at the Jags they've been drafting the sh*t out of offense but the D can't stop anyone so who cares? Colts? Look what defense did for the Texans, got them pretty damn far! I think you sign Bouye if you can, draft Hooker or Adams..BAM! you instantly improve the defense, especially with Lee & Jenkins in their sophomore seasons. And that's only with one freaking FA signing.

Obviously we need to sign some FA lineman & draft some too, but Revis, Skrine & Pryor probably graded out as the worst at their positions last year, that's 3 players in your secondary who absolutely SUCKED! As much as id love to draft Fournette, a great safety that can cover the field is a godsend. Look at Berry, Thomas, look how McCourty has become so important to the Pats secondary.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I agree, everyones screaming, offense, offense, offense, look at the Jags they've been drafting the sh*t out of offense but the D can't stop anyone so who cares? Colts? Look what defense did for the Texans, got them pretty damn far! I think you sign Bouye if you can, draft Hooker or Adams..BAM! you instantly improve the defense, especially with Lee & Jenkins in their sophomore seasons. And that's only with one freaking FA signing.

Obviously we need to sign some FA lineman & draft some too, but Revis, Skrine & Pryor probably graded out as the worst at their positions last year, that's 3 players in your secondary who absolutely SUCKED! As much as id love to draft Fournette, a great safety that can cover the field is a godsend. Look at Berry, Thomas, look how McCourty has become so important to the Pats secondary.

Exactly! improve what you can in this draft which is db's and lb's...fournette will be worn out by the time this team could really compete in a few years. Draft another OLB to compete with mauldin and maybe a replacement for David Harris in the later rds. But the priority should be to fix the db's in the 1st and 2nd round

9 minutes ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

Exactly! improve what you can in this draft which is db's and lb's...fournette will be worn out by the time this team could really compete in a few years. Draft another OLB to compete with mauldin and maybe a replacement for David Harris in the later rds. But the priority should be to fix the db's in the 1st and 2nd round

Plus, if Hackenberg is the long term plan, why draft young WRs, RBs high in the draft when you already have some youngsters in Enunwa, Anderson, Smith, Peake & J.Marshall? I'm not opposed to a young RB in the 3rd or 4th, to back up Forte & Powell.Who knows, maybe Khiry Robinson comes all the way back after his bad luck breaks. I'd like the draft to go Hooker or Adams, Edge rusher?, move up to target a stud that drops to the bottom of the 2nd round using Sheldon Richardson as the trade bait. Could give the Jets 3 picks in the top 64.

Archived