Report: Jets Decline Option on Clady, set to Become Free Agent

JetNation

IMG_2036.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

In recent days and weeks there has been some speculation regarding the Jets and the possibility of exercising their option on left tackle Ryan Clady.

Now, according to NFL insider Adam Schefter, the team will do no such thing.

Not extending Clady isn’t the end of the world, but it removes a veteran from the equation in trying to fill what is argualby Gang Green’s second most pressing need with quarterback topping the list (as usual).

Clady will have spent just one season in Green and White and missed roughly half of that when he was placed on injured reserved after being pulled from his final game as a Jet in week 9.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
1r-XdZCotkA

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I support this in concept, but I would feel better if they signed Ijalana.  

How is he feeling after Winters signed his contract?  it may have been smarter to sign Ijalana first.

Or maybe they just throw short money at Whitworth.

They cannot develop a QB without an LT, but that did not mean overpay Clady.  

I think Clady and his agent are definitely looking to squeeze the Jets and whomever else.  Maybe they re-sign him later if he is healthy.

this doesn't mean he won't be re-signed but at less money.  it could mean they have a deal ready with iajalana or they feel they can get their guy in the draft.  i don't think any of the mock drafts have a tackle going in the top 6 so maybe their plan is to move down a couple of places.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Jets were interested before he went to Jags

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)

2/15/17, 7:12 PM

Jaguars are not picking up LT Kelvin Beachum's option, sources say. So like Ryan Clady, he's headed to the free-agent market.

Beachum is only 27 years old.   I wonder if the jets consider investing in him as the LT for the next few years.

40 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Beachum is only 27 years old.   I wonder if the jets consider investing in him as the LT for the next few years.

As info and many factors can play into this  

Beachum finished his first season with the Jaguars starting in 15 games and was considered a disappointment after surrendering 49 quarterback pressures.

With Beachum being let go I would be shocked if we don't go after him.  If I remember correctly the Jets

went after him before Brick retired and before we traded for Clady.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/2/15/14622888/jaguars-decide-not-to-pick-up-team-option-on-kelvin-beachum

http://www.nfl.com/player/kelvinbeachum/2533442/careerstats

16 minutes ago, Freeman24 said:

Better than anything the Jets have. Your choice?

I wonder about that...maybe they should just give Shell a shot at LT he played there in college I believe and last PS yes he got Petty killed on that 1 play in PS but even Brick was not that good in his rookie year.  If he turns out to be ok LT that solves a lot of issues for jets.

Archived