Revis involved in Altercation; Criminal Charges Filed - MERGED

661 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Quoting Warfish:

....present day Revis sycophants.....

Ironic II:  Irony Boogaloo

Of course he isnt convicted yet but who would want to bet against it?

I would.  He's megawealthy, and a celebrity.  He's almost assuredly going to walk with at most a wrist slap.  Not a felony conviction.

In either case, originla irony remains.  Using the "Fake News" meme in the same post as calling a man a felon who isn't is lolworthy mate.

Have fun Revis fluffers.

Yep, that's me, a Revis Fluffer.  

You really might want to actually read the forum you post at once in a while.....

Darrelle Revis hinted that he'd be willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Jets.

Interacting with fans on Instagram, Revis admitted he no longer deserves top-10 cornerback money. Now facing multiple charges for his alleged role in a Pittsburgh brawl, the Jets may simply move on regardless of how big of a pay cut he's willing to take. If Revis' career continues, there's a good chance he'll have to convert to safety after losing his vertical speed last season.

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Darrelle Revis hinted that he'd be willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Jets.

Interacting with fans on Instagram, Revis admitted he no longer deserves top-10 cornerback money. Now facing multiple charges for his alleged role in a Pittsburgh brawl, the Jets may simply move on regardless of how big of a pay cut he's willing to take. If Revis' career continues, there's a good chance he'll have to convert to safety after losing his vertical speed last season.

I have to imagine the only way the Jets would consider it is if he agreed to go all the way down to the guaranteed $6M.  MAYBE having more in the deal that were tied to incentives, but that's about it.

With that said, the Jets might not be willing to do even that much, considering someone would likely sign him for at least something if he were cut, which would offset his guaranteed money / cap hit.  Not to mention, he's hardly ever been considered much of a locker room guy, and that certainly hasn't gotten any better.

22 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I have to imagine the only way the Jets would consider it is if he agreed to go all the way down to the guaranteed $6M.  MAYBE having more in the deal that were tied to incentives, but that's about it.

With that said, the Jets might not be willing to do even that much, considering someone would likely sign him for at least something if he were cut, which would offset his guaranteed money / cap hit.  Not to mention, he's hardly ever been considered much of a locker room guy, and that certainly hasn't gotten any better.

Yes because locker room guys like Mangold,Decker and Marshall really worked out well. 

On 2/24/2017 at 3:24 PM, Warfish said:

Ironic II:  Irony Boogaloo

I would.  He's megawealthy, and a celebrity.  He's almost assuredly going to walk with at most a wrist slap.  Not a felony conviction.

In either case, originla irony remains.  Using the "Fake News" meme in the same post as calling a man a felon who isn't is lolworthy mate.

Yep, that's me, a Revis Fluffer.  

You really might want to actually read the forum you post at once in a while.....

Master debater lol......More like master bater but any way

Plaxico Burress and a few others called. They are demanding their retroactive wrist slaps.

Fluf fluff fluff fluff  ☺

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes because locker room guys like Mangold,Decker and Marshall really worked out well. 

Yeah like your boy Geno"friggin" Smith was the poster boy for maturity and character. Cold cocked for being an a-hole is exactly the type of locker room guy you want.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

You know, maybe you should just stick to the whole copying and pasting thing.  Attempting to write thoughts of your own really doesn't work for you.

Here you go EVERYONE who said Revis was going to jail and that he was a criminal......

Image result for eat crow

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18915609/all-charges-dismissed-defensive-back-darrelle-revis ................................

Revis appeared in municipal court Wednesday where the judge decided to dismiss the charges after hearing testimony from one of Revis' childhood friends. The friend told the judge he came to Revis' defense during an altercation and punched the men, knocking them out.

Revis, a four-time All-Pro who was released by the New York Jets two weeks ago, had been ordered to appear at all hearings and instructed not to have any contact with the alleged victims and witnesses -- not even on social media. He had to submit his passport.

The incident in question occurred at 2:43 a.m. ET on Feb. 12 on Pittsburgh's popular South Side. Two men, ages 21 and 22, told police that they were punched and knocked out amid a verbal altercation with Revis, though they did not know who hit them.

Witnesses said the two men were unconscious for 10 minutes, according to police, but also did not know who hit the men.

Revis, 31, is a free agent and has said he'd like to continue his NFL career, which includes a Super Bowl championship with New England and seven Pro Bowl selections.

Revis, who grew up in nearby Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, said he'd love to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"That would be great," Revis told the NFL Network after the charges were dismissed. "As a child I watched the Steelers play, went to a few games as a young child, I played here in high school and college, so to play here professionally would be awesome too. So we'll see. Hopefully we'll have a conversation with the Steelers."

Revis, who admittedly reported out of shape to training camp last summer and said during the season his body was "breaking down," claimed he's in top condition and eager to play, even if it means changing positions. He has talked in the past about switching to safety.

"I'm 10 pounds lighter than I was last year at this time so I'm really hammering that," he said. "The hunger is definitely there, just passion and love for the game, and I'm excited. I'm excited for this upcoming season. I just had to put this past me and now I can really focus on what team I can fit with, the best system and team and coaches."

The Jets still owe Revis $6 million.

Admits to being fat and out of shape.

"Gets" childhood friend to say he was the guy who knocked out 2 men cold. (hmmmmmm $)

Steals money from NYJ

Still owed 6 mill because of  the hometown court verdict.

If any team signs this slouch after all this they deserve him.

Someone is going to sign him to a 2 year guaranteed backloaded deal.  Don't get all the hate.  Those guys were ******* with him, whoever punched them.  Lol at knocked out for 10 minutes. I saw the footage of the guy pretending to be out.  Revis was a great player.  He had a bad year.  I think he will have a good year in 2017, but I am glad we are saving the money.  Just hope we spend it on somebody young and worthwhile.