Good Picks for the Jets at #6?

Sarge4Tide

Good Picks at #6?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Offense - Which of the following players would you consider a good pick for the Jets at #6 in this year's draft?

• QB Deshaun Watson
    • QB Mitch Trubisky
    • QB DeShone Kizer
    • RB Leonard Fournette
    • RB Dalvin Cook
    • TE OJ Howard
    • WR Mike Williams
    • WR Corey Davis
    • OL Ryan Ramcyck
    • OL Cam Robinson
    • None of the Above
  2. 2. Defense - Which of the following players would you consider a good pick for the Jets at #6 in this year's draft?

• DE Myles Garrett
    • DE Jonathan Allen
    • DE Solomon Thomas
    • DE Taco Charlton
    • DE Takkarist McKinley
    • DE Derek Barnett
    • LB Rueben Foster
    • LB Tim Williams
    • CB Marshon Lattimore
    • CB Sidney Jones
    • CB Quincy Wilson
    • S Malik Hooker
    • S Jamal Adams
    • S Jabril Peppers
    • None of the Above

On 2/17/2017 at 10:17 AM, Brady's a catcher said:

I would love to play Petty and/or Hack all year and find out what we have. It's obvious that it would be immeasurably better long term to be 2-14 than 7-9 next year but it's hard to get my mind around wishing for that before the Combine even starts!

I have two little ones also, I would love to have really good Jets teams to root for together before they go to college in 15 years!

The Combine is vastly approaching!  I can't wait to see how this pans out.  I really hope they go with a Petty/Hack combo next season though.

The double college tuition scares the crap out of me.  Here's to all four of them getting academic or sports scholarships! :cheers:

On February 19, 2017 at 1:14 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Right tackle and TE are the definition of not worth a top ten pick. Taco is a late first rounder or second day prospect. Again, the 6th pick fits none of those players no matter how hard you wish it to be so. 

I love people who know nothing lecturing me on draftology 

Cam Robinson has higher upside than Brick, who we used the 4 pick on.  So yeah he would be worth the 6 pick

1 minute ago, thadude said:

I love people who know nothing lecturing me on draftology 

Cam Robinson has higher upside than Brick, who we used the 4 pick on.  So yeah he would be worth the 6 pick

I love when people think so highly of themselves that they can't see a differing opinion from someone else without reacting in a fashion that makes them look awful. Anyway, Cam Robinson who has been sliding down the draft board because there are fears he can't play LT efficiently enough to warrant that? He's a reach at 6, especially if he is only a RT. If was as good as Brick he'd be the talk of the top 5. He isn't. You're wrong. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I love when people think so highly of themselves that they can't see a differing opinion from someone else without reacting in a fashion that makes them look awful. Anyway, Cam Robinson who has been sliding down the draft board because there are fears he can't play LT efficiently enough to warrant that? He's a reach at 6, especially if he is only a RT. If was as good as Brick he'd be the talk of the top 5. He isn't. You're wrong. 

Yawn.  Yeah let's pass on a franchise Left Tackle being compared to Russel Okung for a safety or running back.  Great job!

Just now, thadude said:

Yawn.  Yeah let's pass on a franchise Left Tackle being compared to Russel Okung for a safety or running back.  Great job!

Again, no one is comparing him to that and some are saying he's not a left tackle. Some have Ramcyzk rated higher. Some don't have Robinson rated at left tackle at all. I'd be happy to take the next Brick at 6. I definitely don't want a RB at 6 and safety isn't ideal. Cam Robinson isn't the next Brick. 

23 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Another way to look at it is passing on the next Bo Jackson for a guy being compared to Ereck Flowers. 

Yeah and I can dig up the thousand different running backs that were amazing in college and JAG's in the NFL. 

Nice!

On 2/17/2017 at 11:30 PM, RSJ said:

Everyone is talking about Fournette - but Cook is the better fit in the new OC's system and just as talented, if not more than Fournette imo. Its still early - but the Jets need an explosive RB like Cook and not a I Formation type RB like Fournette. 

Cook may be the better fit for a WC offense. But he is certainly not the better talent of the two. I really don't see how you can justify that. Fournette is bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic. He is so much more than just an I-Formation RB as you put it. He can do so many things on the field. Every time he touches the ball he is a threat. Contrary to what some peg him as, he can catch the ball out of the backfield and he can block. Cook may be able to do certain things better than Fournette, but that's simply b/c Fournette doesn't have to do those things to be productive. I.E. he doesn't need to have a certain 'wiggle' b/c he can run over people. He doesn't need to be as elusive b/c he can simply outrun defenders. His breakaway speed for a man his size is uncanny. He's a stronger version of OJ Simpson, a faster version of Earl Campbell. I mean, guys like Eric Dickerson, Gale Sayers, Bo Jackson all come to mind when I watch him run.    

My biggest concern with Fournette is his ankle injury. But if he checks out medically, the Jets should run to the podium if he falls to 6.

And I will just add that Cook is  great RB as well. He could very well be great in the NFL. But he is simply not the premier talent that Fournette is.    

On 2/19/2017 at 0:14 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Right tackle and TE are the definition of not worth a top ten pick. Taco is a late first rounder or second day prospect. Again, the 6th pick fits none of those players no matter how hard you wish it to be so. 

I wouldn't waste your breath on thus guy, he's a total tool when it comes to player and draft evaluations.

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Fournette is the next Bo Jackson, why isn't he a consensus number one pick? Oh. Because he's not. 

Personally, I think Bo Jackson is among the most overrated players ever.  I was just pointing out the stupidity of drafting guys based on their comps.  I don't think Okung was a particularly good #6 overall and the "scout" that compared the two specifically stated that he didn't think Robinson has the ideal athleticism for left tackle, has off-field concerns and has been inconsistent on the field.  The guy thinks Robinson will go in the first half of the round, and that is at least in part because it is a weak tackle class.  Sounds optimal at 6!

35 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Personally, I think Bo Jackson is among the most overrated players ever.  I was just pointing out the stupidity of drafting guys based on their comps.  I don't think Okung was a particularly good #6 overall and the "scout" that compared the two specifically stated that he didn't think Robinson has the ideal athleticism for left tackle, has off-field concerns and has been inconsistent on the field.  The guy thinks Robinson will go in the first half of the round, and that is at least in part because it is a weak tackle class.  Sounds optimal at 6!

Mayock doesn't even have Robinson listed on his top 5 tackles anymore, he has him projected as a guard.

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

Mayock doesn't even have Robinson listed on his top 5 tackles anymore, he has him projected as a guard.

Yeah let's ignore everyone else ranking Robinson as the top OT in the draft and one of the few OT's in college actually entrusted to match up against Myles Garret one on one 

Robinson even did a good job against Garrett. Garret didn't get a sack in the final three quarters of the game.  

But let's ignore that -- you found a link on Google news

Archived