Jets’ Revis Turns Himself in to Police

JetNation

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree to disagree the entire secondary and the defense was terrible cant blame it all on Revis. 

Without a legitimate pass rush any secondary and CB will be fully exposed. 

I am not blaming it all on Revis. What I am stating is that in 2017 moving him to S will not make the Jets better. Speed in the secondary will make the Jets better. It will allow them to recover from mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I am not blaming it all on Revis. What I am stating is that in 2017 moving him to S will not make the Jets better. Speed in the secondary will make the Jets better. It will allow them to recover from mistakes. 

We have way too many glaring needs and holes to fill to not at least try the Revis to safety experiment. Our defense was poorly coached in 2016 exposing them to both the run and the pass. Agree we need change but hard pressed for me to give up one of the best Revis. 

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

well we will just have to agree to disagree on this claim.  My observations tell me that Revis is slow now.  Very slow.  He hasn't got a fraction of the skills he once had. He fails in one-on-one coverage way too often.  He was never a good fit in any zone scheme to begin with (see his ineffective play as a Tampa Bay Buccaneer in a cover 2 defense), so modifying the defensive scheme to adapt to Revis' declining speed and skills woould be pointless.  His bad play was not caused solely by bad coaching as you imply.  He just doesn't have it any more. 

in all fairness the jets secondary actually got better towards the second half of the season. maybe it was because they started playing the younger players or maybe the coaches finally got through to the players or maybe revis improved as the season went on.  no telling what it was.  it could also be the level of competition because they were playing mostly division teams.  as far as revis goes, he's being paid far too much for his performance and cutting him will get the jets 2 decent players inspite of the cap hit.

We have way too many glaring needs and holes to fill to not at least try the Revis to safety experiment. Our defense was poorly coached in 2016 exposing them to both the run and the pass. Agree we need change but hard pressed for me to give up one of the best Revis. 

We need a slow, washed up safety even less than we need a slow, washed up corner.

14 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

I'm not suggesting they pay Revis 15 mil to play safety, but he's still plenty fast for a safety, just not fast enough to play press man on a fast WR. Problem is that we've seen Revis struggle to play off coverage all his life. He's always been best with his hand on the receivers and his eyes on the QB. 

I wouldn't want to pay him more than a few million to find out if the challenge brings new life to his game...which it might. 

It's not speed we're lacking at safety, but quick sound diagnostic skills, and proper angles of approach. whether Revis can do this or not is a complete unknown. Someone will pay him 3 mil+ to find out if he can learn to play facing forward. 

3 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I'm not suggesting they pay Revis 15 mil to play safety, but he's still plenty fast for a safety, just not fast enough to play press man on a fast WR. Problem is that we've seen Revis struggle to play off coverage all his life. He's always been best with his hand on the receivers and his eyes on the QB. 

I wouldn't want to pay him more than a few million to find out if the challenge brings new life to his game...which it might. 

It's not speed we're lacking at safety, but quick sound diagnostic skills, and proper angles of approach. whether Revis can do this or not is a complete unknown. Someone will pay him 3 mil+ to find out if he can learn to play facing forward. 

I agree with you on some things here. I still think that speed would give the Jets a chance to recover from some of the items you mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Revis is done here.  I dont think he will play again.  Hes lost all passion to play the game.  

This incident is the nail in the coffin if there even needed to be a nail.

Can you also give us your insight into the situation with :

Mangold

Marshall

Gilchrist

Decker

Richardson

and all the other fan fringe players  Joe.  After all, if anyone would know, you certainly would .

Darrelle Revis hires the Steelers’ go-to lawyer

RevisGetty Images

It’s been known for years that any Broncos player or coach who needs legal help hires Harvey Steinberg. For the Steelers, the knee-jerk barrister has become Robert Del Greco Jr.

The son of a former Yankee whose possessions include a photo of himself as a baby being held by Mickey Mantle (maybe they should have named him Seven) now serves, via George Willis of the New York Post, the counsel of record for Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis following an incident last weekend in Pittsburgh.

“I know that whenever any of the Steelers get in trouble, he’s the guy they call,” an unnamed source at the Pittsburgh Municipal Court told Willis regarding Del Greco, who has represented players like Jerome Bettis, Le’Veon Bell, and Joey Porter.

It’s a smart move by Revis, who will benefit from the relationships and expertise that Del Greco has cultivated through years of maneuvering clients through the system. It’s also a smart move for Del Greco, since Revis is what those who run law firms like to call a “cost-insensitive client.”

So far, the evidence feels flimsy and the gravity of the charges doesn’t seem to match the fairy innocuous (relative to other crimes) facts of the case. It may be difficult if not impossible, based on the proof currently known, to show beyond a reasonable doubt that Revis committed aggravated assault by knocking out two youths on the South Side — especially since the two youths don’t know what happened and there’s apparently no video.

Recently, Del Greco somehow managed to persuade the local D.A. to drop an aggravated assault charge against Porter, who now serves as the team’s linebackers coach, despite video evidence that appeared to be indisputable. With nothing like that apparently available in this case, it seems like only a matter of time before the charges are reduced and the case is quietly resolved with minimal criminal consequence for Revis.

Having Del Greco on the case serves only to make that outcome more likely.

8 minutes ago, faba said:

Anyone that thinks revis is done is not dealing with reality. he will want and get another payday in NFL look at all others that have problems NFL welcomes back

fine by me.  As long as it is not with the NY Jets.  

On 2/18/2017 at 10:59 AM, joewilly12 said:

The locker room has been a mess thanks to Todd Bowles and the Ryan Fitzpatrick fiasco how many really supported the worst QB in the NFL?

Team chemistry was a mess thanks to the Fitzpatrick situation and maybe flat out Revis wasnt happy with the decision making as it seemed most of the defense wasnt. 

Revis at safety needs to be seen in my book he has earned the right and respect to do so. 

Revis at S next year shouldn't impede on a 1-15 season so I'm ok with it. 

6 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Can you also give us your insight into the situation with :

Mangold            RETIRE

Marshall            NY GIANTS

Gilchrist            OTHER LINE OF WORK

Decker            LA CHARGERS

Richardson    BOYS

and all the other fan fringe players  Joe.  After all, if anyone would know, you certainly would .

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The fight video is out. Has it been posted?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE IN THE VIDEO 

Video emerges of violent knockout aftermath in Darrelle Revis fight

Video emerged Sunday of the violent altercation in Pittsburgh involving Darrelle Revisthat shows two men knocked out cold on the sidewalk while a man brags in the background about having just slugged them.

“Hey I knocked both of these mother f—-rs out, both of them,” the man is heard saying in the eight-second video obtained by TMZ. “They both asleep.”

The man bragging isn’t seen on the video. Revis is the only person charged in the case.

The Pittsburgh Police Department allegedly confirmed to the celebrity website that the video was from the Feb. 12 incident involving the NFL star.

Revis is accused of punching Dallas Cousins and Zacheriah Jarvis into oblivion after the two followed him down the street at around 2:30 a.m. and took video of him with a cell phone.

Warning: Graphic language

Revis, according to a complaint, is also accused of threatening a man filming the aftermath, Nathan Watt, with, “Do you want to be next?”

Revis was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, and one count each of robbery and conspiracy to commit aggravated assault, along with a misdemeanor count of terroristic threats.

According to the complaint, after punching the two out, Revis allegedly screamed, “Do you want to be next?”

In the newly released video, you can hear someone off-camera saying, “Shut up before I knock your ass out next.”

For his part, Revis is adamant he was not the aggressor and says he acted in self-defense.

8 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Is Revis left or right handed? The guy on the right has his right eye smashed which indicates a southpaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm left handed when it comes to things like writing or throwing but I don't think there is much difference in my left handed punch vs my right handed punch.

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Left handed punches land in right side of face and vice versa. Most likely whoever punched that dude was left handed.

Most people fight with both hands.  You hit them with the hand that gives you the clearest shot to land a punch.

Most people fight with both hands.  You hit them with the hand that gives you the clearest shot to land a punch.

I understand that. But in this case I don't think it was much of a fight. It was likely a haymaker which is usually thrown with your dominant hand. It could be anything but I'm curious to know what is revis' dominant hand.

Archived