Jets Have An Interest In Cutler

Nostradamus

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thadude said:

Yeah Mac and Bowles was so impressed with Hack in practice they had him dress in pajamas on the sidelines while Geno/Fitz/Petty stunk up the joint and/or got hurt

that was decided before the season even began and they stuck to it.  We'll know much better this summer.  

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

YES!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN TANNY!

I want this soooooo bad.  2017 will be amazing.  OMG.  I just cant wait.  Someone needs to have a 24/7 cam on BMarsh because when this becomes official, his reaction is going to be priceless. 

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

Yet Wentz and Prescott were

next

Yup.  Precott had one of the best OL protection in the NFL and an incredible run game, not to mention he would never had seen the field but for Romo's injury.  Wentz was a high first round pick.  How about Goff?  They played him and he didn't look too good (just like Lynch).  

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also just a heads up, I'm all for doing sh*t that's funny, but getting Cutler assures that the Jets will be just good enough to not get a top 2 pick and just bad enough to get Bowles fired whilst putting Macaggnan on a hot seat to such a degree that he sells the future of the team to go 8-8 in 2018. Stone cold lock.

That is not the Jets way.  The Jets way is to sign him for 1/$7M.  Start off slow and then finish 10-6 missing the playoffs on tiebreakers.  Sign him for 4/$80M with $40M guaranteed and then have him go 4-12 while 5 times go 3-13 or worse. 

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

Oh right the "redshirt" plan

So when are we allowed to say Hack sucks?  The year 2075?

You can say it anytime you want, but to be reasonable, you should probably give it 2-3 years from now, until he's started for about 50 games. My guess is you'll be saying lots of things about him, but "sucks" won't be one of them.

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Finally it all makes sense.  Couldn't, for the life of me, figure why they'd pay Fitz 12mil last year.

And this explains it.  They knew they might bring Cutler here for 2017.

Now normally that'd be f-in retarded, but we're not normal.  We're coming from 2016 when we paid Ryan Fitzpatrick 12 million dollars.  

As long as we don't pay Cutler over $35 million in 2017...  it's an upgrade from 2016 and worth it.

Macc is a genius.

Maccagnan is like an IRA for sheety QBS on the way out of the NFL. Jeff Garcia, Jeff George and Donovan McNabb are gonna unretire and sign with the Jets to work with this financial powerhouse. FOUND  F___IN' MONEY!

What are the odds that in the next 24 hours, Brandon Marshall makes a comment about how great Cutler could be in NY and that they have a great relationship and stuff reported in Chicago was b.s., him and Cutler face time each other every week.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

That is not the Jets way.  The Jets way is to sign him for 1/$7M.  Start off slow and then finish 10-6 missing the playoffs on tiebreakers.  Sign him for 4/$80M with $40M guaranteed and then have him go 4-12 while 5 times go 3-13 or worse. 

So what's the "right" way?  Go 2-14 with Hoyer/Hack/Petty and watch Darnold go to the 49ers who went 1-15?

1 minute ago, section314 said:

You can say it anytime you want, but to be reasonable, you should probably give it 2-3 years from now, until he's started for about 50 games. My guess is you'll be saying lots of things about him, but "sucks" won't be one of them.

So Hack is going to learn to throw, read NFL defenses and learn footwork in the next 2-3 years

Awesome bra!

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yup.  Precott had one of the best OL protection in the NFL and an incredible run game, not to mention he would never had seen the field but for Romo's injury.  Wentz was a high first round pick.  How about Goff?  They played him and he didn't look too good (just like Lynch).  

The broncos have seen enough of lynch in practice they know it's time to move on

But that's what smart organizations that win Super Bowls do

8 minutes ago, thadude said:

The broncos have seen enough of lynch in practice they know it's time to move on

But that's what smart organizations that win Super Bowls do

point #1 above: You don't know that.  Just your speculation.

point #2 above: Spot on.

1 hour ago, Nostradamus said:

Forte would be gone if we take a RB in 1st round

Nope. He's here for 2017. There are no savings if you cut him. Zero. 

52 minutes ago, thadude said:

Mac isn't flushing his career in the toilet for Hoyer/Hack/Petty

And I'm not even a Cutler guy

He's too busy flushing his career on bad offensive lineman extensions and a second go round at the secondary. 

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you are going to settle for Hoyer you may as well Geno smith it up.

Shut your mouth!

44 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It is ******* insane how all this organization does is hire one blathering schlemiel after another to run things.

Jay Cutler, you gotta be kidding me.

It is insane but also completely expected. 

good move if it can be done on the cheap.  Def puts the Jets back in contention with those WR's and if Cutler gets hurt, Hackenberg or Petty can then step in and go from there.  Get a TE in Free Agency (Bennett) and Draft Fournette in Rd 1 and off lineman in 2nd or 3rd and roll from there. 

2 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

good move if it can be done on the cheap.  Def puts the Jets back in contention with those WR's and if Cutler gets hurt, Hackenberg or Petty can then step in and go from there.  Get a TE in Free Agency (Bennett) and Draft Fournette in Rd 1 and off lineman in 2nd or 3rd and roll from there. 

A sucky player still sucks regardless of what they make. Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't suck because he made $12 million last year; he sucked because he threw 17 interception in 11 games.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Just checking in...

- how many guys have sworn off the Jets completely for this?

- how many have stroked out?

- how many have made the same benign MACCCCCCCC jokes they always make?

- how many have PMed me threats of face punches?

You pretty much summarized the thread. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why?  How would I compare Geno's playoff performance? 

Both are garbage, geno played on the garage jets hoyer actually played on some teams with talent that did not mail it in.  I can't believe I am defending geno freaking smith.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Both are garbage, geno played on the garage jets hoyer actually played on some teams with talent that did not mail it in.  I can't believe I am defending geno freaking smith.

Like the Browns? He was 10-6 with the Browns in 2013 and 2014.  The Browns were 1-15 in games he didn't start those two seasons. 

I get it.  He is a sh*t option.  So are Cutler and probably Glennon and Taylor.  The difference is this guy will be cheap and there won't be a ton of expectations. Sign Glennon or Taylor and you are married to them for 2-3 years minimum.  That is my issue.  Kick the tires on all of them, but don't pull the long term trigger until you are sure.  FWIW, I do not like Geno at all, but I would have started him before paying Fitzpatrick north of $8M.

Archived