Nick Folk & Breno G Released: MERGED

shevys

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Again, they aren't getting out of any contracts after two years completely clean. And, newsflash, you should be signing guys you hope last more than two years and don't need an out. It's pretty simple. Bad contracts and bad talent being brought in. 

imo they didn't bring revis, skrine, gilchrist et al in to be 2 season players.  revis may have been a reach given his age but skrine and gilchrist were solid signings.  and skrine is still on the team. gilchrist is out because of injury.  that pretty much leaves only revis and after this coming season he can be cut without any dead money.  if mac is guilty of anything it's in believing the 2015 results would have been repeated in 2016.  most fans believed the team was on the rise.  but then other things happen that throw a monkey wrench into everything.

the bottom line is those "bad" mac contracts aren't so bad as they are being made out to be.  and if you want another draft or two without any players being left on the team after a season then just go and get idzik back.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, gEYno said:

So, then you shouldn't care if he's fired, as it's just luck.

Yes, but you could say the same of Steve Bartman, couldn't you? That was just luck. And he got essentially sent into exile. People can be very mean, and I don't like that

If you are to criticize Macc properly, or anybody for that matter, you have to look at all the factors

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imo they didn't bring revis, skrine, gilchrist et al in to be 2 season players.  revis may have been a reach given his age but skrine and gilchrist were solid signings.  and skrine is still on the team. gilchrist is out because of injury.  that pretty much leaves only revis and after this coming season he can be cut without any dead money.  if mac is guilty of anything it's in believing the 2015 results would have been repeated in 2016.  most fans believed the team was on the rise.  but then other things happen that throw a monkey wrench into everything.

the bottom line is those "bad" mac contracts aren't so bad as they are being made out to be.  and if you want another draft or two without any players being left on the team after a season then just go and get idzik back.

Ugh. I don't know where to start. There will always be dead money attached to Revis no matter when you cut him according to overthecap. Skrine sucks. Always has, always will. Your post is just rambling, incoherent thoughts that couldn't be further from the truth. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ugh. I don't know where to start. There will always be dead money attached to Revis no matter when you cut him according to overthecap. Skrine sucks. Always has, always will. Your post is just rambling, incoherent thoughts that couldn't be further from the truth. 

See the problem with criticizing the signings of Revis and Skrine extensively is that what was available in the market. If the market is full of crap, then you're going to buy crap.

On 2/24/2017 at 2:42 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes but the fact that all of these players signed two years ago are on the chopping block instead of being building blocks is at issue. Money is whatever. It's value that Macc is missing big time. 

No. He's been abhorrent. I know everyone has different shades of Jets Green glasses on but anyone not sipping the kool aid anymore can see that he's in way over his head. 

People give Maccagnan a nutty amount of credit for the "escape after 2 years" idea, which is just undue hero worship nonsense to the nth degree:

1. Pretty much every single player on every team is signed with 2 years or fewer guaranteed. This is nothing new or special Maccagnan has done. 

2. Maccagnan doesn't even do these contract terms; that's Jacqueline Davidson. Maccagnan picks the players and likely the broad amounts (e.g. total, avg, guaranteed amts), and sends them over to Jackie to then negotiate the details. So these 2-year outs basically have no Maccagnan fingerprints on them.

3. Revis is not an "out after 2 years" contract. Not unless it was Maccagnan's intention to pay him nearly $40m for 2 years (and this higher $19.5m annual rate would only be the case if Revis was unworthy of $4.5m less than that in year 3, making this deal that much worse).

This is what a tunnel vision boob like Macc does with massive amounts of cap room on a rebuilding team, instead of only handing out large contracts to younger players who's still expected to be good 3-4 years from the time the contract is signed. Two years later he's back with the same hole on the roster, except with $39m less to spend from Revis, same hole but $7m less to spend from Cromartie, etc.

We'll see what he does in year 3. Hopefully he gets much, much better.

58 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes, but you could say the same of Steve Bartman, couldn't you? That was just luck. And he got essentially sent into exile. People can be very mean, and I don't like that

No offense or anything, but you are one weird ******* cat, Whofans

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

i guess we all know why you call yourself crazycarl.  they're my thoughts so tough.  they're also accurate.

On February 23, 2017 at 5:50 PM, gEYno said:

Now that the season is over, is there a team worse off than the Jets?  That should tell you all you need to know about Macc.

Maccagnan didn't hire rudderless Todd Bowles. MM just went along with the plan.

Maybe if Bowles could do his job and develop some young players others would be expendable without hurting the team, in fact the loss would become a gain.

On February 25, 2017 at 9:52 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Again, they aren't getting out of any contracts after two years completely clean. And, newsflash, you should be signing guys you hope last more than two years and don't need an out. It's pretty simple. Bad contracts and bad talent being brought in. 

On February 23, 2017 at 1:57 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

You couldn't come up with 3 solid responses. You're delusional if you think how that conversation went. 

In 2014 Macc signed Revis, Cro, Skrine, and Gilchrist. Probably 100 million in contracts easily. One is already gone and the other three everyone here wants cut. But we should just give Macc another 40 million because of James Carpenter being a solid guard. 

Also, I'd like to know what positions specifically the Jets are better and younger in than they were two years ago. I'd love to hear that. 

On February 24, 2017 at 11:42 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes but the fact that all of these players signed two years ago are on the chopping block instead of being building blocks is at issue. Money is whatever. It's value that Macc is missing big time. 

No. He's been abhorrent. I know everyone has different shades of Jets Green glasses on but anyone not sipping the kool aid anymore can see that he's in way over his head. 

I could add dozens of your other mindless rants but they're all the same repetitious nonsense. Thread after thread after thread. 

For the killionth jillionth time, it’s not the GM’s job to develop talent. Not every player is a plug-n-play superstar out of the box. It’s the coaching staff’s job to teach, groom, and fine-tune vets, develop rookies, and utilize them all properly in a system that works. Personnel solutions do not end with the GM’s pen, checkbook, and handshake. Why can't you comprehend that? Because you never played sports or made a team? Everyone is tired of educating you Carl, it never ends.

Now go find some players that were coached up by better-coached teams and cry that Macc missed those players too ... LMAO

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What has Macc done thats so great and will help this team win a Super Bowl? 

We have more holes to fill than I can remember in many years. 

The production line machinery is broken if you don't develop new talent behind the aging vets.

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

I could add dozens of your other mindless rants but they're all the same repetitious nonsense. Thread after thread after thread. 

For the killionth jillionth time, it’s not the GM’s job to develop talent. Not every player is a plug-n-play superstar out of the box. It’s the coaching staff’s job to teach, groom, and fine-tune vets, develop rookies, and utilize them all properly in a system that works. Personnel solutions do not end with the GM’s pen, checkbook, and handshake. Why can't you comprehend that? Because you never played sports or made a team? Everyone is tired of educating you Carl, it never ends.

Now go find some players that were coached up by better-coached teams and cry that Macc missed those players too ... LMAO

What in the actual hell are you talking about? This long winded rant about me is completely unnecessary and far off base. If you don't like my opinions, there is an ignore function. 

You are right, though, about one thing. It's not up to the GM to develop talent. But, in none of the posts you quoted am I asking him to do that. I'm asking him to identify free agents that are good football players and sign them to contracts that make sense. I know that may be hard to comprehend because the Jets haven't had a GM who has been able to successfully do that in forever. Of the vets he has signed or traded for, he's had a very low rate of on field success. His drafts have been okay, but not really inspiring. While I agree that there are issues with the coaching staff, the way the team has been structured as far as roster and cap management has been poor. That all starts and ends with Macc and his vision for the team. 

I'm going to ignore the pot shots about not making a team or played sports because that couldn't get further from the truth. I do have an objection to "everyone is tired of educating me". I don't know who you think is educating me about what exactly, but it's just without a shred of merit, like most of your posts. Again, if you don't like me and the way I post, there are solutions to that. Maybe use one of them. 

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He did well enough in 2015 to get another year.. not going to say a reach especially because the price was cheap to retain depth..but he did need to go this year.

Macc reaches when he signs all these guys that didnt make it on other teams but expects them to be superstars here not the sign of a good GM. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Macc reaches when he signs all these guys that didnt make it on other teams but expects them to be superstars here not the sign of a good GM. 

Lol .. you know I'm starting to understand why you get so much sh*t around here. When has Macc ever indicated that Erin is going to be a superstar? His contract didn't scream I think Erin's a superstar either lol.. it was a cheap prove it type contract because Erin played pretty well with Minnesota before his DUI....so I don't know where the "didn't make it on other teams" line came from either . Erin earned his second contract ...he however didn't earn another and Macc did what he should of done, exactly when he should of done it.

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol .. you know I'm starting to understand why you get so much sh*t around here. When has Macc ever indicated that Erin is going to be a superstar? His contract didn't scream I think Erin's a superstar either lol.. it was a cheap prove it type contract because Erin played pretty well with Minnesota before his DUI....so I don't know where the "didn't make it on other teams" line came from either . Erin earned his second contract ...he however didn't earn another and Macc did what he should of done, exactly when he should of done it.

Starting?

Archived