Nick Folk & Breno G Released: MERGED

shevys

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Given the fact that NFL teams are forced to spend, it really isn't mind boggling. The Giants are going to feel this crunch as well

If cuts go well, Jets will have about 40m in cap space.

Spending money is fine. Spending that money wisely is better. He's wasted money and time. He dropped major coin on a secondary that needs to be rebuilt again. He's been bad at giving out contracts period. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'm not at all supportive of the Folk cut.  Stupid move, if he is not resigned.

Ross Martin is no substitute.

7th highest paid kicker on a bad team is a waste of money. He was solid but not great. Easily and cheaply replaced. Cost the Jets a 2-0 start this past season.

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Too highly paid. 

Like Folk, I understand the business side.  

And when we miss a sh*tton of FG's and our kickoffs are weak in 2017, I guess we'll all understand that too.

He's one of the best kickers we've ever had, along with Pat Leahy.  

Forgive me if his pennies, on this sh*t dick roster full of outright thieves, were not the pennies I personally wished to pinch.

In before Mangold cut, but limp dick problem children thugs like Revis and Sheldon et al. all retained, because something something Bowles and Defense.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Spending money is fine. Spending that money wisely is better. He's wasted money and time. He dropped major coin on a secondary that needs to be rebuilt again. He's been bad at giving out contracts period. 

We've already had this discussion. You asked me to name contracts that I liked. I named 3 because they could be easily eliminated without much damage for the future. 

I think every NFL team is wasting money, quite frankly. On these players who keep doing dumb things off the field.

As for time, there will always be a next year. As George Carlin said "The planet isn't ****ed, WE ARE."

If the Jets get back to 40m and they are where they were 2 years ago, only with better young players, then all that was wasted was 2 years.

Just now, Warfish said:

And when we miss a sh*tton of FG's and our kickoffs are weak in 2017, I guess we'll all understand that too.

Forgive me if his pennies, on this sh*t dick roster full of outright thieves, were not the pennies I personally wished to pinch.

He cost us the Bengals game last year.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

We've already had this discussion. You asked me to name contracts that I liked. I named 3 because they could be easily eliminated without much damage for the future. 

I think every NFL team is wasting money, quite frankly. On these players who keep doing dumb things off the field.

As for time, there will always be a next year. As George Carlin said "The planet isn't ****ed, WE ARE."

If the Jets get back to 40m and they are where they were 2 years ago, only with better young players, then all that was wasted was 2 years.

You couldn't come up with 3 solid responses. You're delusional if you think how that conversation went. 

In 2014 Macc signed Revis, Cro, Skrine, and Gilchrist. Probably 100 million in contracts easily. One is already gone and the other three everyone here wants cut. But we should just give Macc another 40 million because of James Carpenter being a solid guard. 

Also, I'd like to know what positions specifically the Jets are better and younger in than they were two years ago. I'd love to hear that. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

You couldn't come up with 3 solid responses. You're delusional if you think how that conversation went. 

In 2014 Macc signed Revis, Cro, Skrine, and Gilchrist. Probably 100 million in contracts easily. One is already gone and the other three everyone here wants cut. But we should just give Macc another 40 million because of James Carpenter being a solid guard. 

Also, I'd like to know what positions specifically the Jets are better and younger in than they were two years ago. I'd love to hear that. 

Solid by your standards. There is a reason why the media hasn't gone more after Maccagnan than Bowles.

WR, LB, DL, 

45 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I'm going to just put this out there because someone has to in the wake of Folk getting the boot (pun)... Not advocating this so don't hit me!

3 college kickers are generally thought to be draft worthy this year... Zane has been mocked as high as the 4th round.

Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State

Jake Elliott, K, Memphis 

Andy Phillips, K, Utah 

Zane "I don't want to kick forever cuz I know I'll be kicking in vain" Gonzalez? 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

On the plus side, Macc seems to be aware that these contracts need to be short term deals. On the negative side, he seems to know these deals need to be short-term because the players receiving them are trash thrown away by other, better teams. 

I think it would help our young developing QB's to keep Marshall and Decker for another year. But I wont complain if either or both get cut or traded. 

I love Harris, his cap hit isn't huge for the last year of his deal, but if we have a chance to upgrade the position we should cut ties.

Mangold another favorite of mine, but he's not worth his price. He would be servicable still, but Wesley Johnson did fine last year and needs reps to see if he's the long term answer.

Revis. Im of the group that wants him gone. No paycut, no safety position move,. No nostalgia. Nothing to do with his legal troubles either.

Gilchrist gone.

ASJ sucks. Gone.

Skrine I dont believe can be cut this year cause of the cap hit. But he's garbage.

Trade Sheldon. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

On the plus side, Macc seems to be aware that these contracts need to be short term deals. On the negative side, he seems to know these deals need to be short-term because the players receiving them are trash thrown away by other, better teams. 

Except I recall Revis was the best CB in that FA period according to experts. But that's the general idea.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Let's be fair, some of the trash is thrown away by other, worse teams.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Except I recall Revis was the best CB in that FA period according to experts. But that's the general idea.

I mean, Revis was acceptable from a sentimental standpoint, and his collapse was not expected, imo. I think his sucking falls on Bowles more so.

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In before Mangold cut, but limp dick problem children thugs like Revis and Sheldon et al. all retained, because something something Bowles and Defense.

Maybe he will be back under cheaper contract, but he isn't worth 3.5M. He's a good solid kicker, not spectacular. He cost us the opener against Cincinnati 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Here is the bottom line.

If you think last year's team underachieved then Macc did a good job getting the talent and the coaches let him down

If you think they overachieved (yet still sucked), then you think Bowles did a good job and the talent wasn't there.

You needs to look at the roster and see how the team met your expectations for that roster. Considering that Sheldon and Mo both dogged it, you have to point the finger at Bowles mostly. But the fact that the young guys are trash, mostly, suggests that Macc sucks, too. There isn't much future on the team right now.

Just now, T0mShane said:

You needs to look at the roster and see how the team met your expectations for that roster. Considering that Sheldon and Mo both dogged it, you have to point the finger at Bowles mostly. But the fact that the young guys are trash, mostly, suggests that Macc sucks, too. There isn't much future on the team right now.

Well my expectation was 7 wins so I was close.

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Here is the bottom line.

If you think last year's team underachieved then Macc did a good job getting the talent and the coaches let him down

If you think they overachieved (yet still sucked), then you think Bowles did a good job and the talent wasn't there.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If you want to blame Macc for Skrine, there's a better case for that.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

And Gilchrist.

My theory is that Bowles told Macc what he needed in terms of a secondary in 2015, and Macc went out and got it with relatively short term contracts.

2015 was a good year.  In 2016 nothing worked.

I also think that the Lee pick was also strongly influenced by Bowles.   Lee needs to play better than Deion Jones next year.  For all of the "tiny" in Lee, he is bigger than Jones.

I think Macc knows now that he is picking players for his long-term future, either with the Jets or someone else.  That will make this dynamic very interesting.

With Morton, plus Bates, plus Marshall (OL) and Dorrell (WR), both of whom have actually done a decent AC job for the Jets over the last 2 years. I think the coaching pressure is on the defensive coaching.  

Just now, varjet said:

I also think that the Lee pick was also strongly influenced by Bowles.   Lee needs to play better than Deion Jones next year.  For all of the "tiny" in Lee, he is bigger than Jones.

I think when comparing Jones and Lee, Jones is clearly the more polished player with better technique. Lee is more raw. Of course, maybe with a bit of Kevin Greene's influence, even though he doesn't coach Lee directly, he can gain more technique

Archived