Upgrade to 4.1.18.2 Complete

Hi Max.  For the last few days, I have been having periodic difficulty getting onto the site and accessing various threads.  As an example, I just spent about five minutes trying to get into this thread to post this response.  Each time, I either encountered the "spinning wheel of death" or my cursor did not engage the prompt at all.  Prior to the last few days, I never had a problem accessing the site or threads.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Hi Max.  For the last few days, I have been having periodic difficulty getting onto the site and accessing various threads.  As an example, I just spent about five minutes trying to get into this thread to post this response.  Each time, I either encountered the "spinning wheel of death" or my cursor did not engage the prompt at all.  Prior to the last few days, I never had a problem accessing the site or threads.

Time to get rid of that Earthlink dial up service. ☺

24 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Time to get rid of that Earthlink dial up service. ☺

RLLOL!  Next week, I dump Hotmail.

Seriously, I'm running the latest Mac stuff.  Not sure what's going on.  Probably an attempt by Max to infiltrate my psyche and cause me to turn over my life savings to help offset JN expenses.

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

RLLOL!  Next week, I dump Hotmail.

Seriously, I'm running the latest Mac stuff.  Not sure what's going on.  Probably an attempt by Max to infiltrate my psyche and cause me to turn over my life savings to help offset JN expenses.

I am not aware of any issues. 

Is anyone else having similar problems at MM?

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So its tax season... woke up at 4am with office crap in my head. Went to the PC, it JN and BAM...  down.  

Well.... all good now. No issues other than the NY Jets.

Yeah I was going to bed, it was 3:30am and I had the bright idea of running the upgrade at that time. Was hoping it would take 5 minutes but ended up running for a few hours. That is what I get for a bright idea at 3:30am. :)

No issues but can I make an enhancement request?  When a notification pops up  along the bottom and I click it, it still leaves the notification on the upper right (e.g. the alarm bell thingy would have a red "1" if I had 1 notification).  Would be cool if clicking the horizontal thing along the bottom was the equivalent of clicking on the alert on the upper right.

Not sure if you have any way to request this (I assume this forum is generic and you customized it) but figured I'd throw it out there.

On February 24, 2017 at 8:59 AM, munchmemory said:

+1

On February 24, 2017 at 0:16 PM, Maxman said:

I am not aware of any issues. 

Is anyone else having similar problems at MM?

I had the same EXACT issue. Either the spinning wheel of death causing me to just close the window and on the 3rd attempt finally get the page to function OR once I click on a thread it does not fully download the page i.e., it only shows 4 out of 15 posts and scrolling down only shows the blank green background color. 

I'm running on Yosemite Mac.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

+1

I had the same EXACT issue. Either the spinning wheel of death causing me to just close the window and on the 3rd attempt finally get the page to function OR once I click on a thread it does not fully download the page i.e., it only shows 4 out of 15 posts and scrolling down only shows the blank green background color. 

Thanks for your post.  I can't find an issue with my system (I'm running latest El Capitan).  And it only happens on JN.  

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

+1

+2 Exactly as you both describe

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I note that the new update hadn't stopped @dbatesman from running that joke about trading fourth round picks so I'm not really sure what the point was.

The best thing about this is that I stole the joke from you. I feel a little twinge of guilt every time one of our resident pissbabies gives me grief for it.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:37 PM, Maxman said:

Thanks for your patience, we ran an upgrade this morning to the latest version of the software.

This morning?  Yeah, unless you're in England, where it was the perfect time to log in and check out the board.  I nearly had a damn panic attack.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

UPDATE REDUX:  Max. I am having the same loading/spinning wheel issues again today.  There is clearly something wrong.  Getting annoying, if not extremely difficult, to log onto and participate on the board.  Thanks.

I will open a ticket with IPB today. Sorry about the issue, I haven't been able to replicate it and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in the logs.

But let me see what they say, thanks.

On 3/2/2017 at 8:47 AM, munchmemory said:

UPDATE REDUX:  Max. I am having the same loading/spinning wheel issues again today.  There is clearly something wrong.  Getting annoying, if not extremely difficult, to log onto and participate on the board.  Thanks.

Please let me know if this is still happening.  IPB connected and made a few database changes for us today.

This actually started happening for me today as well. But since they made the change it has been okay. Please let me know either way.  Thanks!

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Please let me know if this is still happening.  IPB connected and made a few database changes for us today.

This actually started happening for me today as well. But since they made the change it has been okay. Please let me know either way.  Thanks!

Thanks for the follow up Max.  I'll keep you posted.  So far this morning, no issues.

EDIT:  Left the site after posting this response.  Took me several tries before I could get past the spinning wheel and get back here.  

On 3/4/2017 at 9:20 AM, munchmemory said:

Thanks for the follow up Max.  I'll keep you posted.  So far this morning, no issues.

EDIT:  Left the site after posting this response.  Took me several tries before I could get past the spinning wheel and get back here.  

They made some changes. Please clear your cache and let me know if you have any more issues.

Thank you.

Archived