Are you ready for the return of Geno in 2017?

JustInFudge

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Agree, so whats the point? We are talking about probably 2 wins difference on this crap ass team. Move on from Geno, he sucks, if your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

It is the cost of moving on from him. The Jets need to clear the cap of dead space over the next two seasons. By then they should have really been able to land a good QB in the draft if Hack is not it. Smith should be either gone or the vet back up by then. 

I just don't think it is a good business practice to throw away high draft picks that are better performers than lower draft picks. Or signing high priced FA dreams.

2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

It is the cost of moving on from him. The Jets need to clear the cap of dead space over the next two seasons. By then they should have really been able to land a good QB in the draft if Hack is not it. Smith should be either gone or the vet back up by then. 

I just don't think it is a good business practice to throw away high draft picks that are better performers than lower draft picks. Or signing high priced FA dreams.

Geno Smith is and was a much better option than Ryan Fitzpatrick who by the way is costing the Jets $5 million in cap space in 2017 thanks Macc and those who supported Fitzpatrick. 

Geno Smith in 2017 why the hell not is it me or does everyone hate the other QB options Taylor,Kaep,Cousins etc 

13 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

He was a bust of a 2nd round pick.  The only draft pick throwaway was when we drafted him we threw away a draft pick.

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith is and was a much better option than Ryan Fitzpatrick who by the way is costing the Jets $5 million in cap space in 2017 thanks Macc and those who supported Fitzpatrick. 

Geno Smith in 2017 why the hell not is it me or does everyone hate the other QB options Taylor,Kaep,Cousins etc 

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

He was a bust of a 2nd round pick.  The only draft pick throwaway was when we drafted him we threw away a draft pick.

Do you honestly think that? Who were the NFL caliber WR's he was throwing to? Clyde Gates? David Nelson? Stephen Hill? C'mon man

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I read this as teats like a 13 year old girl. Rather than feel dirty, I'm just going to go with blaming you for posting this instead.

LOL. Just can't believe grown damn professional athlete makes tweet like a little girl about the boy she likes.  

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

He certainly cannot run routes and catch passes that he throws. Hill, Nelson tec. Could not run routes or catch passes. They are no longer in the NFL either.

Genos problems are far larger than his receivers. In fact, his largest problem prevented him from playing with real receivers.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Geno Smith coming back would guarantee we win one or two games too many to be in the Sam Darnold sweepstakes. Just play those two QBs we already have and ride that  drowning poney into the deep water and for once catch the big fish. Suck 4 Sam 2017!!!  

Geno is the king of winning meaningless football games, he would win just enough to make sure we don't get Sam. Then we would get to hear all the Genoids about how he has turned the corner and is the guy.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How did the Ryan Fitzpatrick ear go for you SAR I seems to me you were selling out your season tickets to opposing teams fans quite often using lame ass excuses why you couldn't go. 

You don't have to worry about how I spend my time or my money.   You haven't gone to a Jets game in years, show up or shut up.

Ryan Fitzpatrick exceeded all expectations in New York. 

The Jets would not have cut Nick Mangold today and this team would not be in complete disarray if John Idzik didn't give up on Mark Sanchez and decide that the fate of the organization lie with Geno Smith. 

Geno Smith's failure has ruined this franchise.  If Geno Smith simply played like a decent football player we would be competing for a wildcard instead of wondering how we are even going to squeeze together 2 wins.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You don't have to worry about how I spend my time or my money.   You haven't gone to a Jets game in years, show up or shut up.

Ryan Fitzpatrick exceeded all expectations in New York. 

The Jets would not have cut Nick Mangold today and this team would not be in complete disarray if John Idzik didn't give up on Mark Sanchez and decide that the fate of the organization lie with Geno Smith. 

Geno Smith's failure has ruined this franchise.  If Geno Smith simply played like a decent football player we would be competing for a wildcard instead of wondering how we are even going to squeeze together 2 wins.

SAR I

I was there New Years Day while you sat home eating stale pretzels and loathing in the $13 you made off the tickets to Bills fans. 

The weather was beautiful and it was a 1:00 start. 

What was your excuse that day for selling out? 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I was there New Years Day while you sat home eating stale pretzels and loathing in the $13 you made off the tickets to Bills fans. 

What was your excuse that day for selling out? 

There is no proof of this. You don't go to games. Post your ticket stubs. 

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I was there I got the Jolly Green Giant ear muffs/headband would you like the trinket I know  you like rewards trinkets. 

How is your Leon Hess signed Marshall jersey did you frame it yet?

All you for the cold night games.............oh thats right you dont attend those. 

Image result for jets jolly green giant head band

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was there I got the Jolly Green Giant ear muffs/headband would you like the trinket I know  you like rewards trinkets. 

How is your Leon Hess signed Marshall jersey did you frame it yet?

All you for the cold night games.............oh thats right you dont attend those. 

Snap a photo of the jolly green giant ear muffs next to today's newspaper. Posting a photo that I put up isn't exactly the same thing now is it? 

I have attended plenty of cold night games.  The beauty of the PSL is that it's owner can decide which games to go to and which games to sell.    You wouldn't know this, of course. You only go to one game every five years and only if you get $13 tickets.  You are precisely what's wrong with what's left of the Giants Stadium fanbase.  You want to pay 1980 prices in 2017.

SAR I

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Snap a photo of the jolly green giant ear muffs next to today's newspaper. Posting a photo that I put up isn't exactly the same thing now is it? 

I have attended plenty of cold night games.  The beauty of the PSL is that it's owner can decide which games to go to and which games to sell.    You wouldn't know this, of course. You only go to one game every five years and only if you get $13 tickets.  You are precisely what's wrong with what's left of the Giants Stadium fanbase.  You want to pay 1980 prices in 2017.

SAR I

WRONG again as usual. You are a fair weather fan who uses the season ticket holder PSL owner title as an ego booster. 

How many fans have you begged members here to attend games with you, how many takers?  

You would be the last person to know what games I will be at you bore me and I tailgate so we wouldn't get along. 

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Ticket stubs? There haven't been paper tickets in years. ANd since the opening of Metlife, between here and JI, has there ever been a thread in which SAR has not tried to change the topic to PSLs?

6 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Ticket stubs? There haven't been paper tickets in years. ANd since the opening of Metlife, between here and JI, has there ever been a thread in which SAR has not tried to change the topic to PSLs?

I do not change the topic to PSL's.  My stalker attacks the PSL process and I defend it. 

SAR I

On 2/24/2017 at 3:04 PM, Jetdawgg said:

Agree. Why over spend for another guy who won't get the Jets to the SB. Keep Smith around till there is a better option through the draft.

This has to be the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard. Why pay Smith that kind of money when you have Petty and/or Hack making half combined of what it will take to bring Geno Friggin Smith back? The Jets will be just as bad with either of those guys as they will with Geno Friggin Smith. You want a team with cap issues to spend 5-6 mil on a scrub like Geno Friggin Smith? The guy is guaranteed to be on IR or do something equally as stupid to screw up and then you will have to play Hack or Petty anyway. Hopefully this is the last time I will say this: Geno Smith is not the answer, Never will be the answer, and Never had a chance in HELL of being the answer. Not even for a season. Say goodbye to this immature excuse for a man. Bringing him back would be the epitome of assholery. Geno Friggin Smith just need's to take his sorry ass the hell outta here. Gotta be kidding me....

47 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Geno Smith is not the answer, Never will be the answer, and Never had a chance in HELL of being the answer. Not even for a season. Say goodbye to this immature excuse for a man. Bringing him back would be the epitome of assholery. Geno Friggin Smith just need's to take his sorry ass the hell outta here. Gotta be kidding me....

Bingo.

Some will never learn.  Not sure what it is about Geno Smith that has such a pull on these 3 or 4 fans.  Has he ever shown anything, ever?  Did I miss his signature moment where one could go "whoa, this guy might be good"?  Didn't think so.

SAR I

The organization that was held hostage by a journeyman bum who has played with 6 teams in 12 years and has never even sniffed the playoffs was brought back here by Mike Maccagnan last time I checked he was still in control. 

Ironically he's still costing the Jets in 2017 $5 million dollars towards the cap. 

Never say never. 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

Some will never learn.  Not sure what it is about Geno Smith that has such a pull on these 3 or 4 fans.  Has he ever shown anything, ever?  Did I miss his signature moment where one could go "whoa, this guy might be good"?  Didn't think so.

SAR I

I still marvel how the same moronic fans who say Hackenberg should be cut because he sucks, even though he's never thrown an NFL pass, want to bring back Geno Smith, who HAS proven for 4 years that he does suck, both on and off the field. 

25 minutes ago, section314 said:

I still marvel how the same moronic fans who say Hackenberg should be cut because he sucks, even though he's never thrown an NFL pass, want to bring back Geno Smith, who HAS proven for 4 years that he does suck, both on and off the field. 

Fitzpatrick sucked  his entire career and we originally signed him and then we brought him back. 

Archived