Are you ready for the return of Geno in 2017?

JustInFudge

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Lol. Thanks for your drop here.

Yes. Because Smith is the best option right now the Jets are in very bad shape. He is a reasonably priced option for the Jets. The GM has mismanaged the cap with some of his signings. It is Better to fix as many issues concurrently as possible. Since no QB will deliver a SB to the Jets in the next two seasons signing one for big dollars and wishing is not going to happen.

Mangold wanted Futz as the QB last season. He was at a point here in his career where he wanted to win now. That action tore the locker room apart. Futz was given a job instead of earning a job here. He never practiced and obtained chemistry with the players. Smith was here and was working his tail off. The signing of Futz was a major disruption and should have. Ever happened. A solid GM would have let that guy walk. 

BM and Decker also wanted Futz as they are win now vets. Not sure about BM taking Smith under his wing though. Tell me how you would feel if you worked your tail off and the FO hands your job over to a guy who just signs up and is named starter? With no chemistry built with the current squad at all. Decker was IR'd most of last season. Better to get rid of him early than late. 

Sure, The Q and the others may be second line guys. How about finding that out now, whenyou are not yet even a contender? How about having certainties at the WR position? How about developing those players with reps I live games? If they stay second tier players, that is good cause you now know what is needed in FA or the draft to get you to the next level. 

Kaepernick again is low cost option for the Jets. I don't know what crime he is guilty of? Can you name that for me? Arm chair patriots should not be hard on other Americans who peacefully exercise their rights as an American. Too much intolerance of others is a real issue I this nation. If we are to be great again, then we have to allow others to enjoy their freedoms as Americans. 

Signing both of them and trading Petty upgrades the QB position in a huge manner. Both are better than two QB's under contract and should come a t a reasonable cost. Kaepernick was a good team player in SF last season. I don't see why he would change that. The Jets need to upgrade at the QB position. This would also allow them to develop Hack. An all around win for this franchise.

Your last paragraph: please tell me who gives the Jets a better chance of winning any games this season, Smith/Kaepernick or Petty/Hack?

Your delusional friend. You really think Kap is going to take a bargain basement salary to play here? His politics have nothing to do with anything I said. He will not take a lower salary to play for what is essentially a 6 win team as constituted. No way. Smith lost his job because he was decked by a fringe roster player over a small sum of money. He had his jaw broken because of his immaturity and his lack of character. sh*tz was signed to back up Geno and was thrust into the starting role because of Smiths actions not anything done by the coaches or sh*tz himself. How the hell can you not acknowledge that fact? That's why the Vets did not want Geno "friggin" Smith as the QB. That coupled with sh*tz playing as he did was Geno"friggin" Smiths downfall. Would you want an immature a-hole as the QB or a guy who threw 30 tds? I am no fan of sh*tz but if you say Geno "friggin" Smith as the answer to that question your either stoned or a fool.

Who the hell is going to give anything of value for Petty based on his performance so far? No one. Signing Smith and Kaepernick is so stupid for a team with this many holes. They need to sign or draft players at so many positions like CB OL edge rusher TE Safety RB and WR not to mention finding a QB. With that many holes where do you get the money to sign or draft anyone else if you follow your silly plans? Why would ANY QB want to play here behind a novice OL that will most likely get them killed? No way you can afford those guys and fix whats broken no matter how many vets you cut. So this team is not going to win many games next season OR the season after that because of the situation they are in. You need to face the facts here. The Jets are in dire straights. The only reason I say go with Hack or Petty is because they are young, cheap, and you may catch lightning in a bottle if one of them develop. If they don't you are not stuck with a QB who will be over the hill when the other components of the team start to develop or hamstrung with an even worse cap situation. Its beyond me how someone can't understand the simple dynamics of this situation.

20 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Your delusional friend. You really think Kap is going to take a bargain basement salary to play here? His politics have nothing to do with anything I said. He will not take a lower salary to play for what is essentially a 6 win team as constituted. No way. Smith lost his job because he was decked by a fringe roster player over a small sum of money. He had his jaw broken because of his immaturity and his lack of character. sh*tz was signed to back up Geno and was thrust into the starting role because of Smiths actions not anything done by the coaches or sh*tz himself. How the hell can you not acknowledge that fact? That's why the Vets did not want Geno "friggin" Smith as the QB. That coupled with sh*tz playing as he did was Geno"friggin" Smiths downfall. Would you want an immature a-hole as the QB or a guy who threw 30 tds? I am no fan of sh*tz but if you say Geno "friggin" Smith as the answer to that question your either stoned or a fool.

Who the hell is going to give anything of value for Petty based on his performance so far? No one. Signing Smith and Kaepernick is so stupid for a team with this many holes. They need to sign or draft players at so many positions like CB OL edge rusher TE Safety RB and WR not to mention finding a QB. With that many holes where do you get the money to sign or draft anyone else if you follow your silly plans? Why would ANY QB want to play here behind a novice OL that will most likely get them killed? No way you can afford those guys and fix whats broken no matter how many vets you cut. So this team is not going to win many games next season OR the season after that because of the situation they are in. You need to face the facts here. The Jets are in dire straights. The only reason I say go with Hack or Petty is because they are young, cheap, and you may catch lightning in a bottle if one of them develop. If they don't you are not stuck with a QB who will be over the hill when the other components of the team start to develop or hamstrung with an even worse cap situation. Its beyond me how someone can't understand the simple dynamics of this situation.

Kaepernick has a chance to start here. Not many other teams can or will offer him that. He is a good low cost risk if Smith cannot start the season. That's not delusional, that is good business management of the cap and upgrading the QB position. Both of which the Jets need to do for a change. 

Get what you can for Petty. Funny how some here think more of him...lol. Hack and Petty together is a no go

The interior of the OL is solid. There is a new young and strong RT. The big q is at LT which should be addressed soon.

59 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Kaepernick has a chance to start here. Not many other teams can or will offer him that. He is a good low cost risk if Smith cannot start the season. That's not delusional, that is good business management of the cap and upgrading the QB position. Both of which the Jets need to do for a change. 

Get what you can for Petty. Funny how some here think more of him...lol. Hack and Petty together is a no go

The interior of the OL is solid. There is a new young and strong RT. The big q is at LT which should be addressed soon.

You really have no idea do you? So you think Kaepernick will opt out of his contract giving up all that cash to come to a team as flawed as this one with all those teams out there seeking QB  help? You think He will walk away from 8 figures a year to take a bargain deal with a team that has so many holes as this one? A team that has a HC on the hot seat and a GM that maybe too? All that coupled with the fact that he maybe Geno "friggin" Smiths backup according to you? Keep on thinking that. Hey wanna buy a bridge?

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Lol, all of these smart guys here. The most important position is QB. 

Hey you ever see that movie Forrest Gump? Good Flick. You remember when Forrest is being chased by those bullies and he runs through the The Crimson Tides practice? Right in front of Bear Bryant. Shows him how fast he is? Then they cut to an Alabama game? Forrest runs for a roundabout TD. And Bear Bryant tells an assistant "He must be the stupidest sonovabitch alive, but he sure is fast". Your posts remind me of that. I wonder why?

11 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Hey you ever see that movie Forrest Gump? Good Flick. You remember when Forrest is being chased by those bullies and he runs through the The Crimson Tides practice? Right in front of Bear Bryant. Shows him how fast he is? Then they cut to an Alabama game? Forrest runs for a roundabout TD. And Bear Bryant tells an assistant "He must be the stupidest sonovabitch alive, but he sure is fast". Your posts remind me of that. I wonder why?

You and Forrest Gump have a lot in common? 

47 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You really have no idea do you? So you think Kaepernick will opt out of his contract giving up all that cash to come to a team as flawed as this one with all those teams out there seeking QB  help? You think He will walk away from 8 figures a year to take a bargain deal with a team that has so many holes as this one? A team that has a HC on the hot seat and a GM that maybe too? All that coupled with the fact that he maybe Geno "friggin" Smiths backup according to you? Keep on thinking that. Hey wanna buy a bridge?

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/04/report-49ers-colin-kaepernick-testing-2017-free-agency/

i think that he will stick to a coastal club myself.

Must be a great deal of snow out in Minny this year lol

2 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

You only want a black QB to start for the Jets. You're racist. This goes back over a decade of your posting history. 

12 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Oh please STFU. 

Truth hurts, I know.

I'm a Jet fan that doesn't care if the players are black, white, brown, Asian, Jew, Muslim or otherwise. I just want the best players for the team. 

You have an obvious agenda, that many posters here may not be aware of. 

Now go on and continue to tell us how Geno Smith and Colin Kapernick are players who we should want on our favorite team...

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

I'm a Jet fan that doesn't care if the players are black, white, brown, Asian, Jew, Muslim or otherwise. I just want the best players for the team. 

Wow.  Took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together.

Thank you for the insight.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Truth hurts, I know.

Now go on and continue to tell us how Geno Smith and Colin Kapernick are players who we should want on our favorite team...

You are an idiot 

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz was good in 2015 and deserved that contract. $12 mil on a one year deal is no big deal. He sucked in 2016 and deserved to be cut. You were wrong last year. 

The fact that even you admit that he sucked in 2016 is a demonstration of the fact that I was right. Signing him was sheer stupidity. 

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Calling for Petty or unknown Hackenberg is the same thing. 

Thats the point. You know what your going to get with Geno "friggin" Smith. You have to find out what you have in the other guys. Simply put Geno=BAD. Hope that clears it up for you in terms you can understand.

11 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

The argument did not fail. It is a fact. You cannot have your alternative ones bro.

You made no argument. You simply ignored facts and stated your opinion as fact.  If the line can't block QB falls down and goes boom.  I am putting it simply so you can understand. Make sense now?

14 hours ago, jetrider said:

I haven't given up on Petty yet, would like to see more from him without the Fitz/Geno distractions.

I wasn't saying it's time for Hackenberg per se, but pointing out that it's a terrible plan for him to take over WK 6-7 after sabotaging his training and preparation.

I'm not a fan of yearly QB competitions - the results speak for themselves - but if we must, I'd do it with two QBs only and choose one asap, not drag it out thru preseason.

We have not had a real head to head QB competition since Sanchez vs Geno which Sanchez won but we ended up with Geno because Rex is a dumbass and hot him hurt

I dont remember any other in recent recent time?

15 hours ago, jetrider said:

I still marvel at moronic fans who don't apply their own logic to other sucky QBs who proved they suck and nothing more, like this one ...

Why bring in an outsider to squander first team reps and valuable preseason with the expectancy of tanking the first 5-6 games? 

How does wasting all that time and effort building an offense around a temporary reject (Hoyer is worse than Fitz and Geno) help Hackenberg succeed?

It doesn't. 

BSchott took Mark Sanchez to the AFCCG by treating him as the de facto starter and surrounding him with support and optimum conditions.

Why not cut the bullsh!t and go full in with Hackenberg? The right way is the only way.

Since you seem to follow my posts, you know that I am one of the biggest Hackenberg guys on this site. I fully expect him to be the QB this year, and for many years after that. My point is, I would bring in a cheap vet, for one year, with a clearly defined role, if Hack isn't ready to go week one. To me, this is much smarter than going after a Glennon, Taylor, or Cutler, guys who will only go where they will be the starter. You tell said vet that you are here to backup Hack, and possibly to play 4-5 weeks until he moves in for good. I fully believe the plan is for Hack to start the season, but this is a cheap insurance policy if it is delayed for a month, or so. As far as Hoyer being worse than Geno, I think the record says otherwise. Hoyer's career QB rating is 84.8, with a 44-26 TD to INT ratio. For the past 3 years, where he got starters time, 27 games worth, his QB ratings were 76.5, 91.4 and 98, with a TD to INT ratio of 37-20. Hoyer has shown some success when given a chance to start, Geno, not so much. 

19 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Mac and Bowles assuredly told Woody the rebuild plan ... cut all dead weight ... get the younger guys the experience they need ... find out about Hack and Petty ... if there is no lightening in the bottle , cut bait and draft a stud QB next year with a top 5 pick. My guess is that here is zero danger for either guy till next year and even then , if we draft a QB in rnd, 1 they will have a long leash. 

They better hope so, because there is no guarantees in life and finding a franchise QB is one of them. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm just glad that Geno let us all mentally prepare for the announcement. If it happens, I won't be surprised and that's a good thing.  I don't like surprises. 

You might not be, but there may be plenty of action on bridges all across the country .  

Archived