Nick Mangold Released: MERGED

choon328

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to see him go but this truly was a move that needed to happen. It also shows Mac isn't keeping unnecessary vets around hoping this means the rebuild is in full effect. Thank you Nick for exemplifying what it means to be a Jet and for the great years you gave us. Goodluck and don't go to New England for the love of god 

It was inevitable when your center is making the huge coin the Jets paid him. Some players have been really fortunate to play for a franchise without a highly paid QB, the team has to pay someone right? 

Nick was a great Jet & a real warrior who played injured many times. I know playing with a high ankle sprain is a bitch & Nick did that a few times. In the past when he missed games the entire line folded like a cheap suit.

Thank you Nick, your a class act & that was never so evident when you were hurt vs our hated rival the New England Patriots. The respect those players showed to you that day made me realize how great you really were. When players are fans it says a lot about a player. 

Truly one of the best Centers to ever play the game and certainly the best to play for the Jets. 

This organization is in dire straits has been for years and in the end players of his caliber are usually screwed even after winning nothing as a NY Jet. 

When does it end. 

When does the future get better here?

Image result for nick mangold pics

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the jets hit paydirt when they drafted brick and mangold.  we all got spoiled because those guys were there for so long.  just time to move on.  funny thing is players do get older and don't play as well so it's not always a cap issue.  is harris far behind?  revis?

I'd cut both Revis & Harris too. This is a rebuild & honestly, I'm tired of seeing the back of David Harris jersey chasing another RB down the sideline. Your talking 3 cuts to free almost 26 million dollars. Mangold & Harris is over 15 million with no cap hit & Revis saves 9 million with 6 million cap hit. I'd try to trade Marshall & Sheldon too. Marshall seems to get tweaked each year. Save over 7.5 million trading him. In Macc I trust.

This one hurts bad but it was necessary. Nick is an all-time Jet but he is 33, his performance was slipping, he was owed over 9mil, and we have his replacement already. It was time.

With that said, it is going to hurt to watch him suit up for another team next season. Wish him nothing but the best.

Just now, Jetster said:

I'd cut both Revis & Harris too. This is a rebuild & honestly, I'm tired of seeing the back of David Harris jersey chasing another RB down the sideline. Your talking 3 cuts to free almost 26 million dollars. Mangold & Harris is over 15 million with no cap hit & Revis saves 9 million with 6 million cap hit. I'd try to trade Marshall & Sheldon too. Marshall seems to get tweaked each year. Save over 7.5 million trading him. In Macc I trust.

no argument there. harris is another guy who the jets were lucky to have but he has been a little limited of late.  always comes to play.  gets more than his share of tackles but he can't cover the faster backs and slot receivers. turn back the clock 5 or so seasons and he could stay.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Truly one of the best Centers to ever play the game and certainly the best to play for the Jets. 

This organization is in dire straits has been for years and in the end players of his caliber are usually screwed even after winning nothing as a NY Jet. 

When does it end. 

When does the future get better here?

Disagree, I think Mawae though much smaller was way more versatile. No one got out of their stance quicker than Mawae pulling around the corner. Plus he was a nasty mofo that defenders hated with a passion. A true leader of an Oline.

Just my opinion.

Just now, rangerous said:

no argument there. harris is another guy who the jets were lucky to have but he has been a little limited of late.  always comes to play.  gets more than his share of tackles but he can't cover the faster backs and slot receivers. turn back the clock 5 or so seasons and he could stay.

Agree time for Harris to go as well. 

CLEAN HOUSE

Archived