Alshon Jeffery

LAD_Brooklyn

Should Jets sign Alshon Jeffery?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jets sign FA Alshon Jeffery

The Chicago Bears are unlikely to use the franchise tag on wide receiver Alshon Jeffery for another season, a source confirmed to ESPN.

There is a strong likelihood that Jeffery will sign with another team once free agency begins on March 9, the source said.

Teams have until Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET to use their franchise designation.

NFL Network first reported the news of the Bears' plans.

Jeffery's numbers took a hit the past two seasons because of injuries and a suspension, but the 2013 Pro Bowl selection is one of the most productive receivers in team history and is still an upper-echelon receiver, with 13 career 100-yard receiving games.

Despite playing under the $14.599 million franchise tag in 2016, Jeffery caught only 52 balls for 821 yards and 2 touchdowns in 12 appearances, as Chicago started three different quarterbacks -- Jay Cutler,Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley. He missed four games after serving a suspension for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

From 2013-14, Jeffery combined for 174 receptions, 2,554 yards and 17 touchdowns. He missed seven games due to a variety of injuries in 2015.

He was drafted by the Bears in the second round in 2012 out of South Carolina.

no

5 minutes ago, deucebag said:

The #1 goal of this team should be to lose every game in 2017.  Therefore adding anyone with any kind of talent or potential success must be off the table.

NO to this. So tired of this BS. :rolleyes: It's moronic. 

But also NO to A.Jeffrey (btw I accidentally clicked yes -lol- so ignore that). 

Extend Enunwa now.  Macc needs to get much better at early extensions.  

Cut/Trade Decker and/or Marshall.  Draft someone developmental.

My preference would be move on from Marshall because he dropped too many balls last year, but I don't think Decker will be ready to play in July, and he gets hurt too much anyway.  

But given the number of receivers the Jets have, maybe the call is to hold to Decker while he gets healthy, assuming that one of the other receivers get hurt before the IR deadline (not an unreasonable assumption).  

55 minutes ago, varjet said:

Extend Enunwa now.  Macc needs to get much better at early extensions.  

Cut/Trade Decker and/or Marshall.  Draft someone developmental.

My preference would be move on from Marshall because he dropped too many balls last year, but I don't think Decker will be ready to play in July, and he gets hurt too much anyway.  

But given the number of receivers the Jets have, maybe the call is to hold to Decker while he gets healthy, assuming that one of the other receivers get hurt before the IR deadline (not an unreasonable assumption).  

Agreed!  Extend Enunwa now!! 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I find it ironic that the Jets got bashed for drafting Stephen Hill ahead of him (deservedly so) but Jeffery hasn't really distinguished himself either. IN other words, he didn't reach the ceiling that was predicted for him

Jeffery has far outperformed Hill's entire career in every individual season but his rookie year.  There is absolutely no comparison to be made whatsoever.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

If you read what I said, I wasn't. I was saying that Jeffrey did not reach his ceiling.

You brought up Hill in a thread about Jeffery, in an attempt to make some sort of point of alleged similarity.  Jeffery not being the absolute greatest is worlds apart from Hill being a heaping pile of crap who hasn't played in over 3 years.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

You brought up Hill in a thread about Jeffery, in an attempt to make some sort of point of alleged similarity.  Jeffery not being the absolute greatest is worlds apart from Hill being a heaping pile of crap who hasn't played in over 3 years.

"I find it ironic that the Jets got bashed for drafting Stephen Hill ahead of him (deservedly so) "

I actually find the situation similar in a way to Marino-O'Brien, only O'Brien actually showed some promise.

So I wasn't comparing the players. In my mind, I was comparing the situation.

No. I have mixed feelings  about  getting rid of BM,  but not both of our starting WR's. The best thing for a young QB is a good experienced and mature receiver, one who will help him understand the game, routes etc. I think Decker would be good for a young developing QB, not guys who played the position in the NFL  for  1-2 years. 

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

No. I have mixed feelings  with getting rid of BM,  but not both of our starting WR's. The best thing for a young QB is a good experienced and mature receiver, one who will help him understand the game, routes etc. I think Decker would be good for a young developing QB, not guys who played the position in the NFL  for  1-2 years. 

Such a dumb idea to cut Marshall

He's the only veteran who played hard last season -- great message to send to cut the one guy on the roster who actually tried after week 3

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Such a dumb idea to cut Marshall

He's the only veteran who played hard last season -- great message to send to cut the one guy on the roster who actually tried after week 3

I know you hate Petty, but did you actually watch the games?  I tend to think the team sucked more than stopped trying, but if anybody quit it was Brandon Marshall. 

If we cut Marshall he could be a good signing. I haven't followed him at all except for stats so not sure if he is as good as he used to be. Not sure he would come here if we don't have an ok to good Qb. He played with Hoyer and with Cutler not sure he would be interested in playing with either of them if we were to sign one of them. 

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I find it ironic that the Jets got bashed for drafting Stephen Hill ahead of him (deservedly so) but Jeffery hasn't really distinguished himself either. IN other words, he didn't reach the ceiling that was predicted for him

Plus Hill was on a Super Bowl team two years ago and Jeffries has never even made the playoffs

Archived