Alshon Jeffery

LAD_Brooklyn

Should Jets sign Alshon Jeffery?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jets sign FA Alshon Jeffery

14 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I would cut BM right now and go after Jeffery .. alshon is in his prime and BM is out of his .. 

Marshall is costing us 7.5 mil and can save us that much if cut . It's going to cost over 10 mil to sign Jeffery per year . Thanks but no .

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Marshall is costing us 7.5 mil and can save us that much if cut . It's going to cost over 10 mil to sign Jeffery per year . Thanks but no .

My bad your scared to spend money on high level talent in the prime .. so what bottom feeder or old wash up player would u prefer to spend it on ?

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

My bad your scared to spend money on high level talent in the prime .. so what bottom feeder or old wash would u prefer to spend it on ?

I am fully afraid to spend my money on Alshon Jeffery.  He has not played a full season since when?  He was suspended last year.  There have been numerous questions about his conditioning and lack of dedication.  He is a talented player, but the money can better be allocated in a more useful, safer manner.  Also, I want ascending talents.  I think we have seen the peak of Jeffery, though he could put up some serious numbers if he ends up in the right place. 

11 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

My bad your scared to spend money on high level talent in the prime .. so what bottom feeder or old wash up player would u prefer to spend it on ?

Actually none, because I plan on keeping the kids, and either Marshall or Decker and drafting another receiver .  I would prefer to spend what little cap money I have on guys like Minter who can replace David Harris, Jefferson who would bring a knowledge of the scheme  and an OT like Kalil or Beachum 

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

I would cut BM right now and go after Jeffery .. alshon is in his prime and BM is out of his .. 

This is so against my usual anti FA agenda.  But if u can get Alshon and pay him what Marshall is getting...cutting Marshall in the process...I would say do it.  Younger and oddly underrated due to recent injury and a bad team.  He could be a very cost effective talent.  U can't develop a QB without an OL or WRS with experience.  This is the most hypocritical post I'll make in 2017. BuT I think the value could be there. 

53 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Would rather go after a Left Tackle like Okung or Whitworth on a 2-3 year deal than throw what would have to be 6 and 75 at Alshon

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I find it ironic that the Jets got bashed for drafting Stephen Hill ahead of him (deservedly so) but Jeffery hasn't really distinguished himself either. IN other words, he didn't reach the ceiling that was predicted for him

He did in 2013, he's only 27.  If you're trying to win in 2017 there's not many WRs available better than him.

17 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Is there anyone else you would spend our 1st pick on  ?

Yes, I would seriously consider Hooker from OSU, depending on the medicals going forward. I think a ball hawking safety would be great for the defense. Would pass on the QB's, RB's, and any linemen at #6. If we did happen to trade down, possibly an OT. I am looking at getting    an immediate impact player at this spot, and I think Williams and/or Hooker would do that.

17 hours ago, thadude said:

Such a dumb idea to cut Marshall

He's the only veteran who played hard last season -- great message to send to cut the one guy on the roster who actually tried after week 3

I didn't say to cut him, I said I have mixed feelings about getting rid of BM. He is a solid WR who can go up and get the ball and he fights of DB's preventing picks at times. I know he has his drops but he has worked hard as a Jet and  at the end of the season he started to taper off. 

18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Not sure about Whitworth - 35 yes old

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets allowed themselves to approach and experience Brick's retirement without a successor left tackle.

Whitworth is still functional at 35, although my guess is that he falls off pretty quick.  Okung for 2-3 would be a good deal as they look for mid-round LT developmental guys-players with the footwork and demeanor but maybe not the body.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

We need too much at too many other positions to even consider signing an over priced reciever

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Every player in the market will be over price . If there any good ..  only around here y'all seem to think players don't know there worth especially with the cap keep going up .. 

Experts think Kenny Stills gonna 10 mill per a year .. is he worth it ? Cause I would give that money to Jefferey first .

Or we continue to be a bottom dweller and wonder why we have  low level talents at most positions on our team .. 

Free Agency is the reason the Giants rebuilt so fast . The overpaid quite a few guys . 

Good thing Macc  has a aggressive nature  when it comes to FA

Archived