Tony Romo?

Jetsfan_always

Was a small chance of this happening to begin with, but it seems like it's not even an option now.

Bringing in Romo would mean they're going for broke and trying to win now.  Doubtful they'd release a pro bowl Center if that was the case.  Especially considering a strong breeze can break Romo's collarbone.

Edit:  Besides, this is Geno's year!  

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

....why wouldn't they sign Romo?

1. Age. Romo is 36 Years old and on the downside of his career.

2. Cost. Romo is not a Free Agent (yet) and would likely cost a material amount of compensation (salary and trade costs).

3. Durabillity. Romo has not played 16 games since 2012, and his last materially injury-free year was 2013.

4. Us.  The Jets are in Rebuild Mode, where old expensive players will be cut.  Romo would go directly against that.

5. Pointless.  Even with Romo, the Jets will be a bad young team in 2017.  We will not be a contender, so why would we or Romo want such a deal?

6. Counterproductive.  The Jets need to identify a long-term solution at the QB position, be it petty, be it Hack or be it a draft pick or Glennon/Taylor young QB type.  Romo is an ultra-short term option only.

7. Romo himself.  He doesn't want to play here.  

Tony Romo will not be a Jet.  And if he does become one, it would be such a stupendously poor move that Macc should be fired on the spot for making it.

Is there a better QB in the NYJ stable right now?  Given the issue Fitz had last year, and the failings of Geno, why wouldn't they sign Romo?  He's not HOF material, but he HAS to be better than what they've had.

Because signing Romo would be like putting a bandage in a festering wound ... it would mask the symptoms and let the infection fester.

I say go young and heal.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I think Buffalo is going to find a way to keep Taylor. Glennon is the guy we need to go after.

I agree.  Buffalo and Tyrod are negotiating.  I know we are going to screw up Glennon which means we end up with Cutler or Romosexual

10 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

We are definitely messing up the glennon thing and one yrar feom now we will be asking why?  After he has a very solid year with a better managed team. 

Were screwed

Why sign Glennon when we can get Johny Manziel on the cheap?

6 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Its like people havent even heard about Hackenburg moving his left foot back

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Ever since they embroidered the L on the top of the cleat he pretty much owned it. 

Did you guys plan this one?  It's super cute. 

7 hours ago, HighPitch said:

We are definitely messing up the glennon thing and one yrar feom now we will be asking why?  After he has a very solid year with a better managed team. 

Were screwed

@RichCimini: My money remains on Mike Glennon, with "money" being the key word. If the bidding for the pending free agent gets out of control -- we're talking Brock Osweiler money -- I think the Jets would drop out. They have to be smart about this; they can't let desperation run their checkbook. Asking price aside, Glennon checks enough of the other important boxes -- age, experience, upside, etc. -- to make him a worthwhile consideration for a quarterback-needy team such as the Jets. They could see him as a bridge quarterback, with a chance to develop into something more. Me? I'd proceed with caution. He has a slow release and he doesn't perform well when pressured.

Fingers crossed!

Archived