will our terrible gm and terrible coach be given another pass?

kmnj

This is the year it is all supposed to come together right? The duo now has another year under their belt right and year three mac should have his drafts and FA players all taking shape.

I cant wait until this clown show ends. The good thing though is even a good gm and good coach would be in a world of trouble with this team for the next season -our guys will definitely crash and burn.

The Jets should wise up and offer discounts on food and other perks to those willing to go to watch this awful team. I wish I would go back in time and decide not to buy my psls as it was one of the dumbest things I have done. The best part is even if you want to walk away(all of my psls were paid for day one) you get pennies on the dollar for them if you can even find a suitor-PSL gold I think not

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

I don't think they have to make the playoffs. However they both need to show that the team is heading in the right direction.

Problem is it will be the 7th straight season without the playoffs.  It's either we compete next year, which we can with a combo of a good draft and signing Glennon, or we blow it up and tank and hope we don't accidentally win more than one game which would mean we miss out on Darnold

No in between

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Problem is it will be the 7th straight season without the playoffs.  It's either we compete next year, which we can with a combo of a good draft and signing Glennon, or we blow it up and tank and hope we don't accidentally win more than one game which would mean we miss out on Darnold

No in between

If they are planning to tank then Mac's job is safe, and Bowles is just a placeholder until next year.

The good news is we'll have a better idea of what they're going to do late next week.

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Dear God, this placed is filled with whiney little titty babies 

No, taking a regime to task for bad performance is not being a whiny little baby.

Macs drafts at the front end have been bad, his high prices FA deals have turned out bad and Bowles had as bad of a year as ahead coach last year as I've seen for a while.

8 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

write a check for a few hundred grand then talk to me

As person with a financial interest invested in my psls, I think it is appropriate to review their performance and call for change when performance is bad

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

If they are planning to tank then Mac's job is safe, and Bowles is just a placeholder until next year.

The good news is we'll have a better idea of what they're going to do late next week.

Mac is unemployed next January if we go 1-15

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

Mac is unemployed next January if we go 1-15

If he makes a big splash in free agency and they still go 1-15, then yes.

If he is in on a plan to tank, then his job is safe. It's laughable to think he'd purposely get himself fired.

Whatever Macc does in this draft he better not draft to cater to Todd Bowles D system, Bowles is a dead man walking, and if Macc wants to keep his job he better take the BPA even if that player is a player that wouldn't be ideal for what Bowles would want to do on D, I mean Lee might be a nice player, and might be perfect for Bowles D, but in 2018 if there is a new HC, and a new D scheme, and Lee doesn't fit that particular scheme very well then he is useless, and same would go for a scheme specific drafted player this draft.

52 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

And a lot of blind rah rah fools who love to lose, and think just because they got lucky the first year winning 10 games against patty cake teams, that this CS and regime deserves another year, despite the utter disgrace and embarrassment of last season.

50 minutes ago, kmnj said:

As person with a financial interest invested in my psls, I think it is appropriate to review their performance and call for change when performance is bad

Just curious, how many years have you had your seats?

1 hour ago, thadude said:

No in between

Just how much is Glennon to be paid here?

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

This is the year it is all supposed to come together right? The duo now has another year under their belt right and year three mac should have his drafts and FA players all taking shape.

I cant wait until this clown show ends. The good thing though is even a good gm and good coach would be in a world of trouble with this team for the next season -our guys will definitely crash and burn.

The Jets should wise up and offer discounts on food and other perks to those willing to go to watch this awful team. I wish I would go back in time and decide not to buy my psls as it was one of the dumbest things I have done. The best part is even if you want to walk away(all of my psls were paid for day one) you get pennies on the dollar for them if you can even find a suitor-PSL gold I think not

i don't think you fully understand the ramifications of the two wasted idzik drafts.  you can fault mac for the things he's responsible for but the problems with the roster go back into the idzik years.  some of the late tanny years weren't so great either.

29 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You can't fire guys in a season in which you are going to intentionally tank. That is dirty business and it makes other coaching candidates around the league look the other way. 

I thought they were already looking the other way, because our fans are so horribabble.

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

Cutting them a check doesn't make whining acceptable.

If you don't think the product is any good, stop spending. Whining is just behavior, has nothing to do with the transactional side of your relationship with the Jets.

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think this whole 'oh you can't do this or that or no good people will want to be your coach or gm' bit is total baloney.  Candidates will look at the team, the money, the control and all of these guys have the ego to think they can fix it. 

I understand your point, but in this case, it would just be dirty to do. Slimy. It was slimy when we did it to Rex too.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i don't think you fully understand the ramifications of the two wasted idzik drafts.  you can fault mac for the things he's responsible for but the problems with the roster go back into the idzik years.  some of the late tanny years weren't so great either.

Idzik sucked.  I hated him as much as anyone.  OTOH, when he left there was enough money to spend on 3 CBs a top line S, a decent priced LB, a QB and WR, and the #6 pick in the draft.  This roster is on Maccagnan.  Idzik's roster was on him.  The money he cleared was set to be cleared by Tannenbaum too.  There was no master stroke. 

Archived