will our terrible gm and terrible coach be given another pass?

kmnj

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This post is lovely, except that it's about the team we root for, unfortunately.

They were terrible signings, but at least I could get the idea of Skrine and/or Gilchrist because they were at least younger players who'd theoretically be good for the entirety of their contracts (if they worked out). The rest? Every one of them getting top dollar for their position, and all of them on the wrong side of 30, so they were investments in players you knew on signing-day that you'd be throwing out soon. 

The reason you don't sign Fitzpatrick for $12m is there's no turning back. There is no competition. There is no awarding of starting jobs due to merit. There is no going to someone else at any time before elimination, barring injury, because they bent over naked after 5 months of standoffs to hand him starter money. They weren't benching him until he'd deep-6'd the season, and even then they were remarkably stubborn about letting either of Maccagnan's QB draft picks onto the field.

Frankly he doesn't paint the picture of someone who was qualified for the job. He calmly sips from that freaking coffee cup, and his controlled demeanor gives the false pretense of competence. If Hackenberg becomes a really good QB then I'll happily eat my words and build a shrine to him. I suspect even he knows that's not happening, which is why he's going to invest heavily in another QB this offseason (either in FA, by trade, or at the top of the draft). 

Oh how I long to see the Hack-n-Mac Shrine!

Archived