Jets release Darrelle Revis

Matt39

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My memory will be of him playing the matador while a guy was running down the sideline. Sickening! Darelle Revis was great for 2 years, but for hustle & longevity, he couldn't hold guys like Charles Woodson & Darrell Greens jocks. 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Make the jets great again!  Its happening.

Stay the course, 1-15 next year, qb w/ 1st pick in 2018 draft.

We following this plan and we could be ready by 2020. 

right around the time when the wicked witch gets hit by a house !

10 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I can't think of another player who played for the Jets at a HOF level yet made me hate him so much. Thanks for all you did for the Jets Revis but I for one will not miss you one bit. 

Same for me. It's sad actually. Revis could have been one of the most highly regarded ex-Jets among fans for decades to come. But his greed and disregard for the team will always be remembered  as much as his short-lived talent.

It's the right move had to let them go at this time. 

REVIS  is the best jet of my lifetime and I am 40 years old. Hands-down in my opinion. It is a shame he never let us love him.

That said let's keep it classy for a guy who was absolutely phenomenal for us and a source of pride for many years. And despite the recent Pittsburgh incident and despite him being a shrewd businessman - He always seemed like a decent fellow.

20 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

90% of this board want to fire both Mac and Bowles after 1 bad season that followed a season where they put together and led a team that won 10 games  . Do you know what would have happened if these men had a horrible 1st season  ? 

The two of them would have been fired for 2 seasons in a show of incompetence.  Last season was incompetent.

2 losing seasons would have not have been incompetent.

Although Macc had to spend money in 2015, he could extended Mo early and done other things rather than sign the stiffs that they did.

Bring in Fitz for a 5th round trade and relatively cheap salary as a veteran backup was also a smart move.  Its signing Fitz and Forte  and not managing Mo and SR in 2016 that made Macc incompetent.  Bowles was obviously incompetent.

But all the moves thus far look like the right moves.  Even Winters.

27 minutes ago, jetsfan719 said:

I wish we would completely suck this year and make no big moves and stockpile picks for 2018. Let the young guys get reps this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how strong teams are built. You know what players can perform and where you have to reach again in the draft

I knew this was coming and it had to be done, but I'm still sad.

After Curtis Martin, Revis is my favorite Jet. One of the greatest corners I've watched (and one of the GOATs). I always cheered first him regardless.

I see why others have come to hate him, but those things never bothered me. Yeah he held out and yes he wanted as much money as possible. But at the end of the day he should. This is a business, and I can't blame Revis for being a businessman. Teams will always look after themselves first, so I can't blame the players for doing the same. It goes both ways. No loyalty in sports.

So I thank Revis for all the years of service and it was a pleasure to watch you play.

Godspeed Darrelle.

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

you guys with the "flawless" comments and the "greatest football player ever" really need to settle down. Yes, he was very good at one time but geez

There has never in the history of the NFL been better quarterback play then REVIS in 2008 and 2009.

It's a bright spot for the Jets, Take a little happiness where you can find it with this organization.

Just now, Matthew007b said:

now I'm really worried for Brandon Marshall...

I don't think Marshall is going to be cut. The guys who we've cut so far have suffered a decline in performance or were injury riddled to go along with expensive contracts/old age. David Harris and Marcus Gilchrist are probably to most likely next casualties.

Marshall can still produce in this league and his price tag is relatively cheap when you compare it to what other #1 receivers make out there. He will be here next season IMO.

13 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Sounds like we're gearing up to sign Fitz...so he can suck the **** out of this team and get the first overall pick next year. Thanks Mac. You've worse than Mike T. 

who drafted Revis,Mangold,Harris,Fergusion,etc

3 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

Hope you're right BigRy56 :/ this team is really changing quick - I think he stays but man they have been aggressive with these cuts.

Unfortunately, these Jets played that bad this year. It's refreshing to have a GM that isn't afraid to say goodbye to these big names. It sends a message to the young guys (SHELDON). Play your heart out every play - everybody is expendable.

Great player. Serious drop in production at the end. Good move by the NYJ FO. Hope we can find his replacement over the next two drafts. Let's not make any reaches and let's not over pay anyone. 2018 can bring in great FA's and hopefully a loaded and productive draft selection.

Good luck DR

Archived