Jets release Darrelle Revis

Matt39

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Larz said:

NO

petty backs up

Or the other way around...it don't matter to me.

One starts, the other backs up...but their both getting 1st and 2nd team reps ALL YEAR.

as for UnitedWhoFans, 3rd string QB can be a QB flyer from this years draft.

If we're going young qb (Petty, Hack and Mcarron/Barkley) it makes sense to keep Marshall around to build their confidence and give them the best chance to succeed. Plus we wouldn't get a good enough pick back for him to justify trading him in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

If we're going young qb (Petty, Hack and Mcarron/Barkley) it makes sense to keep Marshall around to build their confidence and give them the best chance to succeed. Plus we wouldn't get a good enough pick back for him to justify trading him in my opinion.

He's not needed anymore. He'll only be taking up valuable space for some up and coming receiver. 

The purge continues...

Just now, Larz said:

petty will be 26 years old when camp gets here and he muffed his chance.  any rep given to him is wasted one

he is what he is, a back up QB

Yeah yeah heard that shpeel before

Cousins is 28? And about to become super rich 

Brady still going about to get an extension

Give me s break with the age thing ...the kid is still a kid

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Yeah yeah heard that shpeel before

Cousins is 28? And about to become super rich 

Brady still going about to get an extension

Give me s break with the age thing ...the kid is still a kid

brady and cousins took advantage of their opportunties

petty did not

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

Uhm no...cousins sucked ass until he was 26

Brady had the benefit of knowing his opponents plays.

Petty did fine under the circumstances. ..

under what circumstances? you really going with the wepinz excuse?

39 minutes ago, Larz said:

funny, that's the exact team I thought of.  He was only here to cash checks

Meh, there's another way to see that that only makes him more awesome on top of being the GOAT DB. Brilliant NFL career both on and off the field, beyond whatever this new nonsense is, and he's still got years in him. 

Good riddance.  It was never personal for the him, no reason for us to feel any differently.  Between his awful performance last year, and $6M he'll still collect this year, he's in debt to the Jets for about $20M+.  If it's nothing but business then the conclusion is simple, he was a waste of resources.  Better late than never I suppose.

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

Uhm no...cousins sucked ass until he was 26

Brady had the benefit of knowing his opponents plays.

Petty did fine under the circumstances. ..

Petty at his best hasn't come close to Cousins sucking ass. 

Pretty happy with how Mac is handling it. Sure, could have kept Revis and switched to safety + lower pay, he was open to all that. 

But there comes a time when you just need a fresh generation and a clean house. This feels like one of those times. Only vets you now keep are those who are glass half full types of guys who will contribute to the place and the kids, not just take the money.

Also good that the Jets paid respect to Revis. The whole trying to get out of paying him the money could have got ugly and been a distraction. This way, nice and clean, thanks for your effort, good luck. No harm or foul.

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

Starting to love Mac even more. Came in and tried to make a bang by spending big and get us to the playoffs, it didn't work and now we're onto the rebuild. Brings in Hack (a qb with a high ceiling but someone who also has some issues and doesn't let him touch the field giving him plenty of time to work on things) Now he's cutting ties with the overpaid and under performing veterans. Boys the rebuild is in full effect. Lets not trash Mac if we don't make the playoffs this year. It's gonna be a rough but fun year with the young guys developing and showing what they can do.

It says a lot about the state of this franchise when we as fans get pumped because the team released players. Guess we have to have something to look forward to (releasing players)

Archived