Suck for Sam in 17

37 minutes ago, Jetfan13 said:

Another USC QB, because the last one worked out so good? Carson Palmer is the best Qb out of USC EVER!!!! How many rings does he have? How many PLAYOFF WINS does he have? That school continually produces great COLLEGE QB'S who go on to flop in the pros. SAY NO TO SAM. 

Sam was better than any QB that ever played at USC before he committed to the school. It's a DNA thing. How many rings have Miami Ohio QB produce before Big Ben? 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, loluchka80 said:

why would bowles and mccagnan purposely try and fail?  they are fighting for their jobs. 

This is where Woody can atone for all his past sins in one swift move. He needs to tell Mac and Bowles to do it, just go 0-16. Figure out a way, assure them they are safe and that this is to go get Darnold, and they will have 3 years to build a team around him and put a SB contender on the field with him. Hell, even give them contract extensions to do it. But Woody absolutely needs to get this done.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

This is where Woody can atone for all his past sins in one swift move. He needs to tell Mac and Bowles to do it, just go 0-16. Figure out a way, assure them they are safe and that this is to go get Darnold, and they will have 3 years to build a team around him and put a SB contender on the field with him. Hell, even give them contract extensions to do it. But Woody absolutely needs to get this done.

if that were the case he would have given them a 2-3 year extension already.

1 minute ago, loluchka80 said:

if that were the case he would have given them a 2-3 year extension already.

I tend to agree, which is why its extremely unlikely that we will get Darnold, and further proof that while we all argue over Tannenbaum, Idzik, Maccagnan, Rex, Bowles, Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc. THE real problem is Woody Johnson, who is amongst the worst owners in the NFL. He is an awful, awful owner, and this organization will never have any real or sustained success with Woody the owner.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually, he's a QB off one game who is being hyped because people are so bored talking about how unimpressive this years QB class is.  

Watson was a can't miss, blah, blah, blah top QB a year ago. Changes fast. 

Darnold went 9-1 as the starter and was an obvious talent all season. Rose Bowl just elevated the hype but he had plenty before that

20 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Preach on brother NB. Preach on. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

Darnold went 9-1 as the starter and was an obvious talent all season. Rose Bowl just elevated the hype but he had plenty before that

What shocked me was when he made a great play his teammates and fans went nuts yelling and cheering. He walked off the field like he was walking into 7-11 for his 6th slushy, that day. Sam is not Suprisesd or impressed when Sam makes great plays. It's what Sam does.  I hope we get to be the next fan base cheering for Sam when he nonchalantly wins us championships. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, The Crusher said:

What shocked me was when he made a great play his teammates and fans went nuts yelling and cheering. He walked off the field like he was walking into 7-11 for his 6th slushy, that day. Sam is not Suprisesd or impressed when Sam makes great plays. It's what Sam does.  I hope we get to be the next fan base cheering for Sam when he nonchalantly wins us championships. 

It would be a dream come true if we landed Darnold,. I'd probably cry tears of joy on draft night

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I vow that if they take this strategy, I will do two things:

1) I will to to every home game this season, and buy the tickets directly from the Jets, pay for parking, and spend at least $100 on food and drinks at the stadium each game.

2) I will buy a PSL directly from the Jets on the day they draft Darnold

GET IT DONE!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

And the Jets sign Sam first name Michael..:wacko: michael-sam-attitude.jpg?itok=NF0sBCQR&t

or his son: 

David_Berkowitz.jpg

no, that can't be right.  Sam was his evil dog...  

or maybe it's Samwise Gamgee:

729842292-giphy.gif

kinda looks like Darnold a bit, huh?  Ruuudy, Ruuudy, Ruudy

Sam-Darnold.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Sam was better than any QB that ever played at USC before he committed to the school. It's a DNA thing. How many rings have Miami Ohio QB produce before Big Ben? 

History has a way of repeating itself, u want to take that chance?

12 hours ago, David Harris said:

I feel like these next year quarterbacks never actually live up to the hype. Andrew luck was the sure thing and everybody knew it forever.  Last year everyone could not waitwait for the quarterback class this year and it's a bunch of ???'s

Luck is the real deal he's being held back by a horrible GM and JAG coaching staff

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetfan13 said:

History has a way of repeating itself, u want to take that chance?

Love to take that chance. Way more than I probably should. Just want to be that franchise with that generational type talent at QB one time. If he turns out to be the next Ryan Leaf, then so be it. We aren't getting anywhere doing what we been doing for a couple decades now anyways. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Life said:

And until he won game 9 no one knew him, few mentioned him.  

All of a sudden USC QBs with only 10 games under their belt are can't miss, Luck type QBs.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

it won't with this kid. He'll only get better.  Love his on-the-field persona. (Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.)  

That would be great.  Unfortunately it's just as likely to go in the other direction.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets drafting a QB from USC known for his poise and accuracy.

what could go wrong? 

I know you are the draft expert but I do not remember Sanchez being known for poise and accuracy at USC (or in the NFL for that matter)  - he was wild and very lucky against the Buckeyes and for a few games in the NFL playoffs until he actually had to hone his craft and too bad for the Jets his craft turned out to be a millionaire playboy douche

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, The Crusher said:

What would be even better would be if he always referred to himself in the 3rd person.  

We have 0 good players now.  This dream is becoming a reality.  I almost want them to sign Romo. Big 1 year cap hit so we can sign anyone else.  He gets hurt in preseason game 3 as JPP clubs him.  Done for the year, Hack is names the starter and he can't hit a barn wall from inside the barn.  1-15 BOOM, with the number one pick in the 2018 draft the Jets pick.........

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

We have 0 good players now.  This dream is becoming a reality.  I almost want them to sign Romo. Big 1 year cap hit so we can sign anyone else.  He gets hurt in preseason game 3 as JPP clubs him.  Done for the year, Hack is names the starter and he can't hit a barn wall from inside the barn.  1-15 BOOM, with the number one pick in the 2018 draft the Jets pick.........

^^^ Here's Johnny!!!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Tanking is not as automatic as you guys think.  We were 1-6 in 2014 with 0.0 to play for and Jameis Winston waiting to come here but we still couldn't seal the deal

9 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

My man!!!!!