Post Your List of 5 Best Jet Wins Since 1980

TuscanyTile2

My list:

1) Beating the Pats in the playoffs a few years ago

2) 51-45 over the Dolphins

3) Beating the Chargers in the playoffs a few years ago (Sanchez rookie year)

4) 41-0 over the Colts in the playoffs in 2002.

5) Monday night miracle

2 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Beating the raiders in 82 playoffs

beating the Chiefs in 86 playoffs

beating the bills for division title in 98

beating the packers for division title on 02

beating the pats in 10 playoffs 

really solid list

I would have to add the home playoff win against the jags after having a bye week

3 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

This def belongs on my list (though sadly that's the game that solidified me as a Jet fan so maybe I blocked it out).

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This def belongs on my list (though sadly that's the game that solidified me as a Jet fan so maybe I blocked it out).

Haha, it's easy to root for a perranial winner. Being a Jets fan builds character and we have a lot of that my friend. 

That I have WITNESSED LIVE:

1) '98 Jets defeat the Jaguars in 2nd round Divisional Playoff game at Meadowlands and head to 1998 AFC Championship

2) '09 Jets defeat the Bengals in final season game to qualify for playoffs with a Win & In scenario @ Meadowlands. FRIGID Temps. Crazy Stadium Sendoff.

3) '15 Jets upset the Patriots @ Metlife to keep playoff hopes alive. First time EVER Metlife WAS ROCKIN'!!!

4) '08 Jets eeeek by the Bills @ Meadowlands when JP Losman fumbles the ball w/under 2 mins left in 4th (while leading 27-24) & Shaun Ellis recovers and returns for game winning TD. Jets win. CRAZY GAME. 

5) '11 Jets come back from 27-23 w/under 1 min left against Houston Texans. Sanchez is CLUTCH to find Braylon then Holmes for the WIN! 

1-Jets over Pats playoff game

2-02 win over Indy home playoff game

3-98 win over Jags playoff win

4-09 Week 17 win over Bengals (brutal cold) to get into playoffs

5-Beating Packers week 17 to get into playoffs

Runner up- Monday Night Miracle

(Was at all but #1)

You guys have most of the great wins covered, but there are a few a bit more under the radar that are among my favorites:

1.  2002 Jets at Patriots:  This is the huge win that set up the best win of all time the following week vs. the Packers to win the division.  Pennington has the game of his life on SNF up in Foxboro where we beat the defending Super Bowl Champion Patriots.  Fantastic win, comes on the heels of Testaverde getting us off to an awful 1-3 start and Chad going on a furious run.  Just a week after Chrebet makes a ridiculous fumble to lose to the Bears.  I was there.  All the Pats fans still in the euphoria of their first Lombardi a few months earlier.  What a night.  Spanked 'em 30-17.

2.  2000 Jets at Bucs:  We are losing the whole game, their defense is killing us.  We score 2 TD's in the last 1:55 including Curtis Martin casually removing a glove from this throwing hand and tossing a perfect TD pass to flashllight Wayne Chrebet.  Makes us 4-0 in the first season after VT's achilles ruined the Parcells years.

3.  2009 Patriots at Jets:  We are supposedly rebuilding after Mangini's ouster and Favre turning his back on us, we were 8-3 and cruising towards the playoffs the following year only to suffer another epic collapse, no way in Week 2 our 22 year old rookie quarterback can beat New England and Bill Belichick in our home opener, right?  Shocker of all shockers we pull off the win, fantastic job by Rex Ryan, the first game that really lights the fire under the memorable '09 and '10 teams that makes those playoff runs.

4.  1991 Jets at Dolphins:  You had to be a Jets fan in the 80s to appreciate this one, the Dan Marino dominance over the Jets and all his epic heartbreaking comebacks against us were just devastating and this was our vengeance.  It's a win-and-in game for both teams, we had just lost 3 in a row, no way we can beat Miami.  Raul Allegre is signed off of bagging groceries at a local A&P to replace an injured Louis Aguiar and he nails the game winner as Dolphins fans throw trash at our placeholder, Jets make the playoffs.

5.  1988 Jets at Giants:  The core of the '86 Super Bowl team is sitting pretty at 10-5 after winning 3 in a row, the Jets were checked out after another wasted season yet put up a spirited effort and Al Toon catches the game winner in the corner of the Giants Stadium endzone to steal the division away from the Giants.  Philadelphia Eagles think their season is over until a CBS reporter catches up with Reggie White in the tunnel and tells him the Jets pulled the upset.  Was a fun morning at the water cooler the next day.

SAR I

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My list:

5) Monday night miracle

That Charger game is the first one I thought of.

It was just a shocking run they went on, and such an un-jetsey win, going to the west coast and pulling it out. 

8 hours ago, 20andOut said:

1-Jets over Pats playoff game

2-02 win over Indy home playoff game

3-98 win over Jags playoff win

4-09 Week 17 win over Bengals (brutal cold) to get into playoffs

5-Beating Packers week 17 to get into playoffs

Runner up- Monday Night Miracle

(Was at all but #1)

no arguments about your list.  i would say the monday night miracle game is in the top five.  if you were at the game you may not have seen how the doltfins, especially jason taylor, were all smiling and happy and mugging for the cameras.  fast forward and hour and those guys were looking very sad.

8 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

1.Jets playoff win against pats (can't wait)
Beating pack to get in finding out Miami New England game score in stadium
3 41-0
4 beating Oakland 2002 halls 53 yard fg
5 98 playoff game jax

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Ah yes rookie Lamont Jordon that game 1 carry 46 yd td and never saw the ball again..Hackett showed him you don't outdo the compiler.. :)

10 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Awesome list, you hit the high points. Three I would add......1) 1981  beat Dolphins 16-15 on late Todd to Barkum TD  2) 1981 beat Packers 28-3 to clinch playoffs. Also, think we had 9 sacks, to break Raiders season record.  Shea was rockin!  3) 1982  beat Bengals in playoffs when Freeman ran wild, to set up great Raider win on your list.

Knocking pats* out of playoffs - Bart Scott

Beating Indy to go to AFC CG

Favre, Jets hand Titans first loss of the season

The 1998 Jets are one of only two teams in NFL history to win seven games against teams that would go on to make the playoffs - great year to be a Jets fan - until the second half of the AFC CG

Ty Law interception of Brady in 2005

so many other good games already listed

9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

1) '98 Jets defeat the Jaguars in 2nd round Divisional Playoff game at Meadowlands and head to 1998 AFC Championship

2) '09 Jets defeat the Bengals in final season game to qualify for playoffs with a Win & In scenario @ Meadowlands. FRIGID Temps. Crazy Stadium Sendoff.

3) '15 Jets upset the Patriots @ Metlife to keep playoff hopes alive. First time EVER Metlife WAS ROCKIN'!!!

4) '08 Jets eeeek by the Bills @ Meadowlands when JP Losman fumbles the ball w/under 2 mins left in 4th (while leading 27-24) & Shaun Ellis recovers and returns for game winning TD. Jets win. CRAZY GAME. 

5) '11 Jets come back from 27-23 w/under 1 min left against Houston Texans. Sanchez is CLUTCH to find Braylon then Holmes for the WIN! 

I thought we had our QB back then............   Gosh am I pissed.

I thought we had our QB back then............   Gosh am I pissed.

Me too, but like other Jets QB's he got "Chad Penningtoned" the Jets failed to build around him. Losing Braylon and Cotchery hurt. Plaxico was a cancer in the locker room. Wayne hunter got Sanchez killed most games. Shonne Green could catch a cold. Poor drafts-Kyle Wilson?? Stephen Hill??? Demario Davis??? Vlad DuCasse?? Scotty McKnight??? Tebow debacle. Rex failed to make him a priority over his precious D and failed to develop him. He just wanted Sanchez to be a game manager not allowing him to take risks and take the next step. Instead it killed his confidence. Not saying he would've been the next Brady but he wasn't handled properly from the beginning.

11 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

the top 5 I have witnessed live in person:

2010 div rd at NE

2002 win against GB to clinch div

1998 at Buf to clinch division

1998 at Miami a week before Buffalo which clinched playoff spot

1998 div rd vs. Jax

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My list:

5) Monday night miracle

Agree with the list but add the 2000 win over Meshawn and the Bucs

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

Agree with the list but add the 2000 win over Meshawn and the Bucs

I tend to knock the 2000 wins down a bit knowing how bitterly that season ended.  we had a few grat comebacks that year- obviously the Miami game but also at TB and vs. NE.

12 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Was at #4 in the upper deck, that's the loudest moment I have ever witnessed at a NFL game. Went from elated to terrified in a split second because the upper deck started shaking big time.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Was at #4 in the upper deck, that's the loudest moment I have ever witnessed at a NFL game. Went from elated to terrified in a split second because the upper deck started shaking big time.

Stadium was NUTS!!!!!

Jets did NOT deserve to win that game. i recall Favre had a 27 yard run that should have been a TD but he was caught from behind; he was old. That was our final win for that season to finish 9-7 after we started off at 8-3.

The only other time I heard The Meadowlands THAT LOUD was when we defeated the Pats in the 2009 opener. 

3 hours ago, tfine said:

Me too, but like other Jets QB's he got "Chad Penningtoned" the Jets failed to build around him. Losing Braylon and Cotchery hurt. Plaxico was a cancer in the locker room. Wayne hunter got Sanchez killed most games. Shonne Green could catch a cold. Poor drafts-Kyle Wilson?? Stephen Hill??? Demario Davis??? Vlad DuCasse?? Scotty McKnight??? Tebow debacle. Rex failed to make him a priority over his precious D and failed to develop him. He just wanted Sanchez to be a game manager not allowing him to take risks and take the next step. Instead it killed his confidence. Not saying he would've been the next Brady but he wasn't handled properly from the beginning.

absolutely...   JETS management is the worst thing for JETS players.

Archived