..and there goes Brandon Marshall.

TaborJet

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Marshal asked for his release.  Jets offered a contract extension. 

-c7f6cc3a135c680d.JPG

"Dude, listen, Mike Tannenbaum just texted, we're both welcome in Miami when this sh*t-show season ends.  I'll pull some stunt in public, you cry about wanting to go to a winner, it's all set."

SAR I

1 minute ago, Matthew007b said:

you know I was optimistic on another thread but.. wow we are cutting deep this could be one really ugly season :(  

I'm not feeling 2-14 so much anymore.

Split with the Bills may be a reach now.

SAR I

IMG_9967.jpg

Adam Schefter has tweeted that the Jets are going to release Brandon Marshall. The move will save the Jets another 7.5 million against the cap.

Marshall, who will turn 33 later this month, played for the Jets for two season. It really was a tale of two seasons. In 2015 he had 1502 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns. Last season he struggled, as did the entire Jets offense, and he caught 50 less passes for a disappointing 788 yards.

Marshall has over 12,000 receiving yards in his career. At one point he said the Jets would be his last team, but we will soon see if he looks to catch on with a contender. One thing that has alluded Marshall throughout his playing career has been the playoffs. Despite having 8 seasons with over 1,000 receiving yards for the Jets, Bears, Dolphins and Broncos, he has never been in the postseason.

Stop by our forums to read more about Brandon Marshall being released by the NY Jets.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
En3LBAU0fYI

Click here to read the full story...

Do you folks realize that the jets won 5 games last yr and the only player we cut loose that had the most to do with those 5 wins is the miserable QB who stunk up the joint .

Thus far, we have lost absolutely nothing .

Well maybe Nick Folk was ok,

24 minutes ago, TaborJet said:

Adam Schefter just reported it...

Marshall wanted out of Bowles' sh*t show of a clubhouse and the Jets wanted him to stay and offered an extension (translation: more money with deferred cap hit for jets), He just wants out.  Why would any veteran near the end of his career want to be a a Bowles' led team without a QB? 

I really loved him here.  Best of luck Brandon.  

Supposedly he asked for the release so he can go to a contender and try and cap his career off with a ring.  We also supposedly admitted to him that we're going for a full rebuild.  

Brandon has also done a huge amount of work for many people afflicted with mental health issues...something I can relate to.  I'll always admire him for that.

I feel the same way about Marshall-as-Jet as I felt about Ronnie-Lott-as-Jet. They were far too accomplished to be Jets players and I felt bad for them even as I appreciated the effort they gave. Marshall has legitimate psychological problems and should be commended for going public with his struggle, and I'm legitimately sad for him that he attempted to do that here, with a franchise that has a garbage infrastructure with zero capability to deal with anything. Literally nothing. Good luck to him moving forward. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I know I promised everyone a party the day we cut Marshall, but the contract extension thing really puts a damper on things. Now the party is BYOB. Also there will be no snacks, and everyone has to leave by 9.

You might disagree here, but Marshall being a Bears reject(deservedly so) was basically a Purple Heart winner for this  hopeless franchise. 

Archived