Opinion on Deshaun Watson after the combine?

Sarge4Tide

Deshaun Watson   

57 members have voted

1. 1. After Clemson QB Deshaun Watson's combine, my opinion about the Jets drafting him is...

• I'm MUCH more excited about drafting Watson
    • I'm more excited about drafting Watson
    • My opinion is unchanged
    • I'm less excited about drafting Watson
    • I'm MUCH less excited about drafting Watson

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let's be real beggars cant be choosers and Hackenberg isn't a reason to pass on either Trub or Watson

It's been said before but we can imagine a future where neither is on the board at 6. QBs always rise as the draft approaches and all these mocks with the DE going 1 are going to have to go back to the drawing board 

I don't get what's not to like about Watson. He played a ton of games, played against top competition, won a ton of games, threw and completed plenty of passes, threw TDs, didn't turn the ball over so much, and even made plays with his legs because he can. 

So what am I missing? 

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I don't get what's not to like about Watson. He played a ton of games, played against top competition, won a ton of games, threw and completed plenty of passes, threw TDs, didn't turn the ball over so much, and even made plays with his legs because he can. 

So what am I missing? 

Threw a ton of picks his second year in school

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

let's be real beggars cant be choosers and Hackenberg isn't a reason to pass on either Trub or Watson

It's been said before but we can imagine a future where neither is on the board at 6. QBs always rise as the draft approaches and all these mocks with the DE going 1 are going to have to go back to the drawing board 

I think Trubisky solidified himself as a top 3 pick, maybe 1st overall if Cleveland falls in love with him, or sells the pick to a team that does.

Watson I don't see until around the Paxton Lynch spot like last year at best, think both him and Mahomes go in the 20's, and Kizer drops like a rock.

18 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

So what am I missing? 

Lead the nation in INT's the last 2 years combined.

2 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

If I had to choose one it's Watson but I don't want any.   Williams is the pick at 6.  

I take Trubisky in a heartbeat and throw them all out there . Nobody has ever seen the scheme that Morton is going to run, so throw them out there and let us see what happens . Trubisky will be gone, so it won't matter so I say trade down a little and take Ramczyk  .. The player in this draft that has suddenly become interesting to me is  the OL prospect Lamp and the OL prospect from Michigan Ben Braden

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Kid has that it factor and I think he can play in the NFL at a high level and before the end of the 2017 season .

Manziel, Vince young and tebow had the IT factor. 

I'm not saying he can't be an NFL quality starter but I'm not using a high first on him. 

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Manziel, Vince young and tebow had the IT factor. 

I'm not saying he can't be an NFL quality starter but I'm not using a high first on him. 

there are plenty of excellent college qbs who were leaders and clutch but their games don't translate well to the nfl.  watson is one of them.  

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

So what am I missing? 

*stands up*

*drops Mountain Dew*

*pulls shirt down over gut*

*pushes glasses up bridge of nose*

as someone who prides himself on quarterbacks, let me direct your attention to this series of Youtube cutups

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

So what am I missing? 

Tajh Boyd fan^

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

*stands up*

*drops Mountain Dew*

*pulls shirt down over gut*

*pushes glasses up bridge of nose*

as someone who prides himself on quarterbacks, let me direct your attention to this series of Youtube cutups

I feel like this is directed at me and I don't even like Mountain Dew.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

This is, verbatim, exactly what you said about Clowney.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

21 years old, potential to be a stud. plays big in big moments. We have burned first round picks on guys who turned out to be duds. Why not gamble on a player that could turn this thing around for us?

Because why draft a great prospect when we can pay a giraffe a billion dollars and draft a RB at 6?

Doesn't matter how excited I get about anyone;  IMO, there is ZERO chance the Jets draft a QB at 156, let alone 6 in the draft.

My bet is they take a run at Glennon for short money, and see if he can beat out Petty and Hackenberg (which SHOULD be a no-brainer)

See what he can do for a year or so while they draft a bunch of players in the next few years and use free agency to fill the holes.  If he bombs in a year, he can back-up Sam Darnold.

12 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Threw a ton of picks his second year in school

When he had a nearly 3/1 TD ratio through the air and scored 12 more TDs (1 lost fumble) on the ground? 

Yep, still missing whatever it is I am not supposed to like!

When he had a nearly 3/1 TD ratio through the air and scored 12 more TDs (1 lost fumble) on the ground? 

My only problem with Watson is that the guy need's to hold a clipboard for a couple of season's before he is ready. Throwing him into the meat grinder that is the New York Jets right off the bat may ruin him.

I like him a lot, in the third round

Archived