Jump to content
C Mart

FA Rumors / Signings / Cuts

Recommended Posts

C Mart    1,980

Please merge or delete if powers that be so desire

 

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

DJ Fluker joins Nick Mangold, Brian Schwenke & others on the interior OL market. #Jets, #Titans, #Seahawks on Schwenke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
peebag    1,821
9 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

One of the best weeks for fans of the New York Jets. Can't wait to see how each team transforms over the next few days.

fixed that for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C Mart    1,980

Rich Cimini @RichCimini 

#Jets interested in re-signing LT Ben Ijalana, but there will be a market for him. Versatility (can play LT and RT) is attractive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pointman    1,571
10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did he play little league with Danny Almonte?

YOU CAN'T PROVE NOTHING!!!! DOUBLENEGATIVEFTW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
#27TheDominator    203,588
18 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini @RichCimini 

#Jets interested in re-signing LT Ben Ijalana, but there will be a market for him. Versatility (can play LT and RT) is attractive.

Was there a market for him the last two years?  The Jets let him hit free agency in 2015 and 2016 and signed him a month later in both years to one year deals at or near the vet min.  If what they did with Powell is any indication, they will probably give him 3/$12M now for no apparent reason.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Larz    59,409

NFL legal tampering window

March 7-9 is an open window for teams to start contract talks with unrestricted free agents. This time is unformally known as the "Legal Tampering Period" since teams are allowed to speak with players from other teams. 

After 4:00 p.m. on March 9th is when the new league year officially begins. Since teams had the brief open period before this day, the first few hours of free agency are often pretty hectic with players signing left and right. 

 

holy crap I forgot we were getting close !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
varjet    768
21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ijalana is a jag, if we wants to walk fine with me.

He is a Jag but he is the Jets Jag when the other OL below him are the likes of Dakota Dozier, Brent Qvale and Craig Watts.  I think he performed admirably (or at least with effort) last season and is not an optimal roster spot but can at least stop the QB from getting immediately killed.

Let's see what they come up with.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Integrity28    60,538

Mike Silver is saying the 49ers are likely to acquire Kirk Cousins.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JiF    125,351
Just now, Integrity28 said:

Mike Silver is saying the 49ers are likely to acquire Kirk Cousins.

 

I thought the Redskins franchises him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tinstar    2,176
1 minute ago, JiF said:

I thought the Redskins franchises him? 

This one is tricky . It appears that Cousins wants to play for Shanahan and will leave for San Fran next yr .  If you could trade him this yr say for a 1st and a couple picks, it might be worth it rather than lose him next yr for nothing .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lupz27    8,656
9 minutes ago, JiF said:

I thought the Redskins franchises him? 

I'd assume it's one of those Trade with a X time frame window to sign long term condition, probably this years 1st and another conditional pick for 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
#27TheDominator    203,588
2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Ijalana is a jag, if we wants to walk fine with me.

 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

He is a Jag but he is the Jets Jag when the other OL below him are the likes of Dakota Dozier, Brent Qvale and Craig Watts.  I think he performed admirably (or at least with effort) last season and is not an optimal roster spot but can at least stop the QB from getting immediately killed.

Let's see what they come up with.

I honestly wonder if they may have let guys like Ijalana a Powell test the market so that they might count for comp picks.  I don't think either would count for much, but with such underwhelming players, that may end up a deciding factor.  I know everyone has fallen in love with Powell, but he was not in high demand during the 2015 offseason.  I actually kind of like having Ijalana around, but feel like Beerfish.  If he is here to compete as depth, fine.  If somebody wants to pay him much - thank you for your service. I certainly would prefer to upgrade and i am not sure he is discernibly better than Qvale.

OTOH, it is not that likely they consider this based on their FA spending habits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JiF    125,351
14 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

This one is tricky . It appears that Cousins wants to play for Shanahan and will leave for San Fran next yr .  If you could trade him this yr say for a 1st and a couple picks, it might be worth it rather than lose him next yr for nothing .

 

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I'd assume it's one of those Trade with a X time frame window to sign long term condition, probably this years 1st and another conditional pick for 2018.

Right.  Got it.  I thought once you slapped the tag that you had to trade for him with a particular draft slot and take on his contract or something like that.  I didnt realize there were little caveats in the franchise like you mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Warfish    16,603

It is sooooooooo tempting to start a "Jets Sign Geno Smith to new 5 Year, 55 million dollar deal" thread.

Or better, a "Jets in negotiation to resign Fitzpatrick while waiting for Hack to Develop" thread.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jetster    2,784
29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mike Silver is saying the 49ers are likely to acquire Kirk Cousins.

 

Sam Darnell, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield or Luke Falk will be there for the Jets to pick at #1 next year! If Cousins goes to 49ers, we're guaranteed to have a shot at a pretty damn good QB, unless knowing the Jets have the number 1 they all go back to school,lol.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxman    519,258
39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mike Silver is saying the 49ers are likely to acquire Kirk Cousins.

 

Very interesting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tinstar    2,176
7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It is sooooooooo tempting to start a "Jets Sign Geno Smith to new 5 Year, 55 million dollar deal" thread.

Or better, a "Jets in negotiation to resign Fitzpatrick while waiting for Hack to Develop" thread.

Do it man do it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarge4Tide    1,048

If Cousins goes to SF, I wonder if the Tony Romo to the Redskins thing is back on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If Cousins goes to SF, I wonder if the Tony Romo to the Redskins thing is back on?

It's crazy that the Skins are basically on the verge of losing a legit franchise QB like this. These guys are so hard to find. Somebody in their organization screwed up big time. He needed to be locked up. They're going to be back on the QB market trying to find an answer with teams like us now if he does end up in SF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigRy56    2,216

Cousins takes SF out of the QB market if true..... will be interesting if all QBs in the draft fall to us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigRy56    2,216

This is a guy that I could see us being involved in. Played with our DBs coach for years. I wonder what the asking price is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jetster    2,784
5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Cousins takes SF out of the QB market if true..... will be interesting if all QBs in the draft fall to us

Heard Phil Savage speak on NFL Sirius radio, said after watching the QB workouts Watson is the only QB worthy of a 1st round selection. Cites Watsons games vs Alabama where he beat vitually an NFL defense (speed) twice. Needs work but believes Watson is studious & has the IT factor (leader) you look for in a QB. Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is a guy that I could see us being involved in. Played with our DBs coach for years. I wonder what the asking price is

Throw another log in the hot stove. It's gonna be a interesting few days.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×