NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This QB carousel is really starting to shape up as a perfect storm for Cutler to be a Jet, Jets have no one, Cutler has no suitors offering him a starter job, kinda like Fitz last year FML!

Why the Jets, just go get Case Keenum to keep the seat warm for next years drafted QB.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

So what's next for us as far as QB goes? Does this mean Cousins still goes to San Fran? Did something fall through between Washington and the 9ers? Interesting move.

For us, Foles, Kaepernick, or McCown. I'm not sure they would resign Geno, although that is a possibility.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

This QB carousel is really starting to shape up as a perfect storm for Cutler to be a Jet, Jets have no one, Cutler has no suitors offering him a starter job, kinda like Fitz last year FML!

Why the Jets, just go get Case Keenum to keep the seat warm for next years drafted QB.

Houston Texans.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Dumerville is getting cut by Ravens too.

Perry would be first option cause he is just entering his prime ..  Dumerville could be nice addition for the right price.. but I think he would be ring chasing at this point of his career 

This leaves the following options:

• Jay Cutler
  • AJ McCarron (needs to be traded)
  • Nick Foles (I believe the Chiefs are not bringing him back)
  • Luke McCown (my personal dark horse, haven't heard his name mentioned by anyone)
  • Chase Daniel (Philly clearly wants to trade him)
  • Matt Barkley (FA)
  • Sanchez (FA)
  • Trevor Semian (trade-able if Denver gets Romo)
  • Romo (not coming to Jets, obviously)
  • Kaep 
  • Fitz
  • Geno

I cannot think of, and haven't heard buzz, anyone else at the moment. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

This leaves the following options:

• Jay Cutler
  • AJ McCarron (needs to be traded)
  • Nick Foles (I believe the Chiefs are not bringing him back)
  • Luke McCown (my personal dark horse, haven't heard his name mentioned by anyone)
  • Chase Daniel (Philly clearly wants to trade him)
  • Kaep 
  • Fitz
  • Geno

I cannot think of, and haven't heard buzz, anyone else at the moment. 

I would be okay with Nick Foles coming in to compete.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

For us, Foles, Kaepernick, or McCown. I'm not sure they would resign Geno, although that is a possibility.

forgetting about cutler?  with cutler they'd be getting a qb with a fairly short shelf life. it's all about the money.  if cutler came in and started for a season it wouldn't be the end of hack.  it might be the end of petty.

Just now, rangerous said:

forgetting about cutler?  with cutler they'd be getting a qb with a fairly short shelf life. it's all about the money.  if cutler came in and started for a season it wouldn't be the end of hack.  it might be the end of petty.

Cutler I think goes to Houston

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I would be okay with Nick Foles coming in to compete.

if they're planning on bringing in a vet expressily to back up hack/petty then does it really matter who?  to me it doesn't seem to.  just about anyone will work out for the right price as long as they have the right attitude.

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

More #49ers news: #Bills WR Marquise Goodwin is headed to the #49ers. Kyle Shanahan loves speed.

I have to say, you're doing an awesome job .  Thanks for the updates . 

Just now, rangerous said:

if they're planning on bringing in a vet expressily to back up hack/petty then does it really matter who?  to me it doesn't seem to.  just about anyone will work out for the right price as long as they have the right attitude.

I half way agree.. I just think it's a bright idea to bring in the best possible trash just in case things go wrong lol.

eh Hoyer gone but you could speculate

1.  If they were serious about Hoyer that means they are serious about Petty\Hack taking over

2. Hoyer wanted to start so maybe he felt he would not beat out Petty\Hack

so looks like we are headed so far to Petty\Hack (my horse is Petty)

This is a good year for the Jets to go sign guys like Nick Perry - young, scheme diverse players who are likely to be highly productive - because we have no FAs of our own who are leaving (so signing outside guys doesn't risk costing us a draft pick, the way signing Forte did last year)

11 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

1.  If they were serious about Hoyer that means they are serious about Petty\Hack taking over

First of all he would have to know who the heck Petty and Hackenburgh are first. He probably doesn't 

13 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Yeah, something tells me that wasn't what made the decision for him. 

Archived