NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thought and I could be wrong. I don't recall rumors of the players the Jets were interested in & signed being leaked w/this regime.

Didn't the Forte, McLendon, Jenkins signings come out of nowhere?  Obviously, some if not most of the rumors coming out now, are via agents to get their clients name out there to garner interest/leverage..

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Buffalo is keeping Tyrod Taylor on a restructured contract, per sources.

Buffalo Bills‏ @buffalobills

We've agreed to terms with QB Tyrod Taylor on a restructured contract. Welcome back, @TyrodTaylor!

According to the Chicago Tribune, "indications at this point" are that free agent Brian Hoyer will sign with the 49ers.

Hoyer is expected to leave Chicago with the Bears zeroed in on Mike Glennon, while the Jets have shown interest in Hoyer but lack the coaching familiarity with him the 49ers can offer. Kyle Shanahan was Hoyer's OC in Cleveland. 31-year-old Hoyer would be a traditional "bridge" quarterback in San Francisco, holding down the fort until the Niners get someone better. With that said, he is an upgrade on 2016 quarterbacks Blaine Gabbert and Colin Kaepernick.

you start getting the feeling that when the music stops and all the qbs have new homes, the jets will not have secured that prototypical fitz type veteran they were hoping to get.  and while that's not what mccags and bowles want, it's probably what the fans want.  

The Jets are dodging a lot of bullets with these stop gap QBs getting sucked up by other teams. We need to miss out on Hoyer, bad.

Nick Perry, I like and would support that pickup. My guy is Tony Jefferson, he needs to be a Jet - the unspoken hero of that Arizona defense.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

cleveland could go with rg3 and a rookie.  the jets are the team that can't find a dance partner here.

Perfect. We either want to have our franchise qb in Hackenberg or Petty OR be in a position to draft Darnold/Rosen next season 

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Perfect. We either want to have our franchise qb in Hackenberg or Petty OR be in a position to draft Darnold/Rosen next season 

from a fan's perspective this is perfect.  why would anyone want to watch another fitz clone in what is otherwise a complete rebuild?  

4 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Matt Barkley, Chase Daniels and Geno as fallback options if Hoyer is gone.

Barkley has started 6 games in his career, all last year, and threw 14 ints. No thanks. Daniels has started less games in his career than Petty. These guys make Geno look like Marino.

NJ advance Media via Rotoworld reports Jets have "lots" of interest in FA OLB Nick Perry

Perry and Jabaal Sheard are viewed as the top two edge rushers on the market, and both are expected to draw plenty of interest. Perry turns 27 next month and is coming off a career-year in his contract season, registering 11 sacks and playing elite run defense. Edge rusher is a massive need for the Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 hours ago, Mogglez said:

We have 33 million in CAP space, wtf are you talking about?  Have you lived under a rock the last two weeks?

Maybe I should've worded that differently for the not-so-bright users to get a clue. Speaking of living under a rock the last two wks, the majority of that $33mil space comes from the cuts and it will be used up entirely. And here's what I was saying earlier "I wouldn't put it past Mac to create some (more) cap room and smoke it in a heartbeat". Is that clear enough for you, kid?

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Maybe I should've worded that differently for the not-so-bright users to get a clue. Speaking of living under a rock the last two wks, the majority of that $33mil space comes from the cuts and it will be used up entirely. And here's what I was saying earlier "I wouldn't put it past Mac to create some (more) cap room and smoke it in a heartbeat". Is that clear enough for you, kid?

You know, sometimes it's just better to say "I was wrong, my bad." 

Archived